News Article: Has Anthony Duclair been too good for the Senators to keep?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
His defensive game is looking better at all times. He’s looked great on the PK uses his speed and stick a lot.
There was that one bad stretch pass in the third tonight that got intercepted and led to a scoring chance for Buffalo while we were only ahead by one goal. But at least he realized it was a bad idea.

Reactions: Mack Attack

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
There was that one bad stretch pass in the third tonight that got intercepted and led to a scoring chance for Buffalo while we were only ahead by one goal. But at least he realized it was a bad idea.
Ah I missed most of the third. His PK ability has been great. Reminds me of Hossa, dangerous on the PK with all that open ice.

Reactions: derriko

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Ah I missed most of the third. His PK ability has been great. Reminds me of Hossa, dangerous on the PK with all that open ice.

Players with a combination of explosive speed and skill are so rare in the NHL. There are so many players with one or the other, but very few with both, which is what makes Duclair a special player if he can stay consistent. Hossa is a good example because he was so skilled but also had that explosiveness to his game, same with Ovechkin, same with Malkin, MacKinnon, Wheeler etc..

Obviously those players are a tier above, but the NHL is just like that, there are players who are very talented in certain aspects of the game but very few can put it all together like a McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, or Karlsson (and others); all players with insane speed, skill, hockey sense and vision that puts them in a whole separate category obviously, but with that said, there are players who are a few notches below that combine skill and speed and I would put Duclair in that category.

Reactions: Mack Attack

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The Duke will represent Ottawa in the 2020 All Star game!!!

That is absolutely incredible. Go back 10 months and Duclair was basically on his way out of the NHL if it were not for the trade to Ottawa. What a complete 180 his career has gone; from being labelled a bust (well as much as a 3rd round pick could be) to now an All-star. What a story.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Duclair has been invisible since the all star selection, was the shot blocking injury that bad? Or is he just regressing to his norm?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Duclair has been invisible since the all star selection, was the shot blocking injury that bad? Or is he just regressing to his norm?
I don t use invisible for word because he try and goalie have make good save but I m agree that he was regress a little bit. I think he is not at 100%

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I heard a foot injury which is limiting his skating and for what ever reason he has been breaking a new pair of skates. I thought last game he had a little of that +speed that has worked for him this year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That is absolutely incredible. Go back 10 months and Duclair was basically on his way out of the NHL if it were not for the trade to Ottawa. What a complete 180 his career has gone; from being labelled a bust (well as much as a 3rd round pick could be) to now an All-star. What a story.

Too bad Torts won't be his coach at the all-star game, that would be entertaining.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Duclair had Batherson wide open for a back door plat against Vegas and shot

I hope he gets it going again. This little cold stretch is either costing us trade return assets and / or cost Duclair money

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I don t use invisible for word because he try and goalie have make good save but I m agree that he was regress a little bit. I think he is not at 100%

You know the expression, if by American Thanksgiving, you are out of a playoff spot, you are most likely out for the rest of the year.

The League knows it as well.

So, as with the NFL and their uneven schedule, The NHL does the same. For the most part, the first 30 games pits top teams against top teams, Mid against mid, low against low. Many teams play 0.500 and everyone stays in it. Namely the fans.

From game 30 onwards, you start playing outside of your ranking...Good teams start rising, mid teams remain as they are, weak teams fall. As players on weak teams start playing mid and strong teams, their natural skill begins to show or not show.

Take a look at the standing since Dec 1 roughly and the performance of certain individuals since that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad