Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet???? How about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Mondays the big day?

Andy Wallace ‏@AWallace39 43m
Apparently a big #Caps announcement due Monday

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 1h
@B_in_DC @VogsCaps it is Monday now

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 50m
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. @dchesnokov @B_in_DC it is Monday now

(Quickly checks for new WNBA attendance banner).....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
New uniforms! Another banner!

Please?

3096kb6.jpg

Liberati0n*

I still can't buy the idea that they see Fishman as a potential replacement. Knowing them, I'm probably wrong though.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
"Thank you all for coming. I will be brief.

After a thorough tour of the facility and some enlightening discussions with George and Adam, we have concluded that injuries, bad bounces and fan negativity cost us at least 30 points in the standings and therefore the Stanley Cup.

This is simultaneously amazing and unacceptable.

So to both celebrate and correct this groundbreaking failchievement we are announcing the lifetime appointments of George McPhee and Adam Oates to the newly created positions of Hockey Emperor and Bench Professional, effective immediately.

We like our decision, we do. In one brilliant stroke we've once again redefined industry best-practice and set the standard all teams will soon follow. Adam's 3-P system of Process, Professionalism and Positivity will eventually be the defining characteristic of all well-coached teams in all sports. George's continued work to do what he does will keep getting done. And we will all have our own Stanley Cups. Dozens of them.

In conclusion, great seats are still available for next year, and we hope to see some pixel love and fan renewals very soon. That's it.

Now get out of my suite."

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
i like the dean evason by way of paul fenton doom better right now. but.....
There's no reason for Fenton not to look at Trotz first and foremost, assuming no budgetary constraints. (Tying a new GM's hands would be a lovely start for that person, I'm sure.)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
"Thank you all for coming. I will be brief.

After a thorough tour of the facility and some enlightening discussions with George and Adam, we have concluded that injuries, bad bounces and fan negativity cost us at least 30 points in the standings and therefore the Stanley Cup.

This is simultaneously amazing and unacceptable.

So to both celebrate and correct this groundbreaking failchievement we are announcing the lifetime appointments of George McPhee and Adam Oates to the newly created positions of Hockey Emperor and Bench Professional, effective immediately.

We like our decision, we do. In one brilliant stroke we've once again redefined industry best-practice and set the standard all teams will soon follow. Adam's 3-P system of Process, Professionalism and Positivity will eventually be the defining characteristic of all well-coached teams in all sports. George's continued work to do what he does will keep getting done. And we will all have our own Stanley Cups. Dozens of them.

In conclusion, great seats are still available for next year, and we hope to see some pixel love and fan renewals very soon. That's it.

Now get out of my suite."

you left out that if dave prior hadn't brain washed the goalies, the caps would have made the playoffs easily

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There's no reason for Fenton not to look at Trotz first and foremost, assuming no budgetary constraints.

trotz goes to Pittsburgh. that leaves fenton with bylsma or evason. he takes evason because he knows the best spots in china town

Liberati0n*

It's a testament to Oates' ****tiness that Evason doesn't sound nearly as bad as he used to.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
as the coach? not a chance unless they build a team for that. the best players on this roster are just not right for that game.

lol no no no, the jerseys. I hate our jerseys.

Our winter classics should be the away while a slighter more modern version of those I quoted should be our homes.

Hell no to DH as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad