Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet???? How about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
are-we-there-yet-simpsons.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
just read Katie's insider. oates does it again. give him another year and he could get every player on the team to ask for a trade

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I really hope Leonsis just rips off the band aid.

If he waits around too long, some team is going to swoop in and fire their coach and hire one of the great options available.

Though I'll admit, I kinda like Bylsma.... He's gotten his team to get things done through some major injury woes...

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

If he waits around too long, some team is going to swoop in and fire their coach and hire one of the great options available.

Though I'll admit, I kinda like Bylsma.... He's gotten his team to get things done through some major injury woes...

Pit seems to hate him and I don't understand why. I worry he'd come here and nada, but I'd take someone Bruce like again.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Pit seems to hate him and I don't understand why. I worry he'd come here and nada, but I'd take someone Bruce like again.

Well I think if you look at it, he has more of a chance of success then other coaches, because he has shown the ability to adapt to injury woes.

With Trotz I don't know why, but a couple years ago the Preds had the #1 PP and I'm scared hes going to think he should change the PP, when what the Capitals need him for is 5on5 and PK.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Basic problem - house-cleaning should have been done after the Hunter fiasco. Wasted two-and-a-half season of the players' careers. Unfortunate.

The more time passes, the more the Hunter thing pisses me off. Not because of Hunter, he will always be loved as a player, and I respect him as a coach. But why would an organization hire somebody like Hunter when they are trying to reset the mentality of the team, yet they don't get somebody for the long haul. It drives me crazy they didn't make sure he was in for sure.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
The more time passes, the more the Hunter thing pisses me off. Not because of Hunter, he will always be loved as a player, and I respect him as a coach. But why would an organization hire somebody like Hunter when they are trying to reset the mentality of the team, yet they don't get somebody for the long haul. It drives me crazy they didn't make sure he was in for sure.

GMGM didn't even realize Hunter was going to run a defensive system, I really wish I knew how that interview must have gone down. What a mickey mouse organization.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
GMGM didn't even realize Hunter was going to run a defensive system, I really wish I knew how that interview must have gone down. What a mickey mouse organization.

Both Hunter and Oates implied they were going to be like the Blues system where they are hard on the forecheck and harassing on the backcheck.

They both literally did the opposite.

GoGoGrabo

Nov 29, 2008
Time to start a Fire Oates & Fire McPhee chant. Ted is going to watch things spiral out of control these final two home games. He hateeeeeeeeeeeees bad publicity. Last thing he wants is a bunch of writers talking about how the fans are revolting again like when the "fire hanlon" chants went on for 2 1/2 periods straight. As we all know, he was fired the next day.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Time to start a Fire Oates & Fire McPhee chant. Ted is going to watch things spiral out of control these final two home games. He hateeeeeeeeeeeees bad publicity. Last thing he wants is a bunch of writers talking about how the fans are revolting again like when the "fire hanlon" chants went on for 2 1/2 periods straight. As we all know, he was fired the next day.

Chants and bad pub would be hilarious but honestly the best thing that could happen would be for people to just stay home. Don't go.

But if you do go, register your disapproval loud and long.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Pretty obvious where we went wrong.

Yeah no kidding.

I said it then and I will say it now...it was idiotic to fire the best coach we ever had.

But there were ALOT of people here and other places that hated BB.

Someone mentioned Bylsma and why the Pens fans hate him....the same reason Caps fans hated BB.

GMGM and those fans killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

Now we have to make things right. Laviolette is out there and would be THE single perfect fit (and a BB clone).

PucktotheHead

Jan 11, 2014
Virginia
Chants and bad pub would be hilarious but honestly the best thing that could happen would be for people to just stay home. Don't go.

But if you do go, register your disapproval loud and long.

I sit across from the Caps bench about five rows off the glass. My "FIRE OATES" sign should be visible by all. If they let me bring it in. Look for it at the Hawks game.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011

Obviously I have no way to confirm this, but the 'lets only hire former star players as coaching staff' seems like it would come from the top.

inb4 Mike Knuble named replacement

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I wish Ovechkin would just turn around in the final practice and fire his hardest slapshot at that *******. 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad