Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet???? How about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yes. Next Monday would be two weeks but I doubt they're planning to meet and resolve this thing over the weekend. You've got to think either today or tomorrow is when that meeting will occur at the latest (if it hasn't already). Quite possible it happened yesterday and that's why there were reports of pending action.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes. Next Monday would be two weeks but I doubt they're planning to meet and resolve this thing over the weekend. You've got to think either today or tomorrow is when that meeting will occur at the latest (if it hasn't already). Quite possible it happened yesterday and that's why there were reports of movement coming.

I don't doubt that. It's very possible something was decided, leaked, and quickly covered up while details are being attended to.

Either way, if we get to Tuesday of next week with no word then the Panic Patrol should be out.

capswon

May 7, 2012
I would like Blashill, but another name to float about is George Gwozdecky. Feeling is he wants to get back to the college game, but Asst. at Tampa maybe whetted the taste buds a little bit. He wouldn't coddle anyone. Also if Pittsbrgh is toast, bring in Bylsma. Always liked this guy.

dpj0122

Apr 28, 2007
I did. I refuse to pay another dime to them until McPhee is gone. In reality I'll still buy a few games, just to take the family but I'm done with the heavy commitment until Leonsis shows he's serious about building a winner.

I think alot of folks feel that way. If McPhee isn't fired, I think you will see fire sale era attendance again. I heard that ALOT of STHs didn't renew already.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
For the last two seasons I've been splitting my seats (which I've head for the last eight seasons) with some friends who live in D.C.

I decided not to renew this season, but I offered the full account to my friends, and they took it. So Leonsis is still getting his money--but it least it's not coming from MY pocket any more.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Sadly, I bet if the Wizards had'nt made the playoffs at all , heads would have been chopped already. Ted is still some what content right now, he's at least making money somewhere. Thus brings us back to the point that he may not give a **** about this team as long as tickets are sold.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't think the Wizards have anything to do with this. I think this was all planned for months, if not the last year.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
if you think this is a plan a year in the making, care to speculate on what the actual plan is?

You don't think GMGM and Ted, knowing this would be McPhee's last year on his contract, both had all the options in mind and maybe even discussed them? And that they narrowed them down as the year went along? Or at the very least, hit upon a timetable to work things out?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ive said some time ago what I thought. that McPhee had turned in his notice to move on to Calgary. there are rules against that knowledge being public, I think. but I could be wrong.

that's my scenario. so.....again....whats your scenario?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ive said some time ago what I thought. that McPhee had turned in his notice to move on to Calgary. there are rules against that knowledge being public, I think. but I could be wrong.

I laid it out in excruciating detail many times. In fact, I think I'm the one who told YOU about Calgary and you didn't believe it at first. So you can go back and read all that again if you want.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McPhee threatening to essentially fire the Caps only to eventually get Leonsis to cave to a fat extension at the eleventh hour would be oh so much fun.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=82490621&highlight=calgary#post82490621

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=83401663&highlight=calgary#post83401663

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=83402297&highlight=calgary#post83402297

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=83482357&highlight=calgary#post83482357

Note in the first you comment right after two of mine. In the last, I'm talking directly to you.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Make sure you don't let the video play (only one paragraph matters anyway):

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/capitals-future-remains-holding-pattern

Also this:

According to an NHL executive, it is not uncommon for teams in search of new management personnel to contact other NHL teams to request permission to speak to potential candidates, even if those teams are still involved in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

With McPhee and Oates still under contract that process has not begun.

I think he's saying Ted and DP have not contacted other active teams about GM candidates for the Caps. Not sure if that means they aren't looking at all. Unclear phrasing there.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Training staff? Really?

Odd. Possibilities:

-Gormley is reading from a press release that was crafted to present the appearance of a comprehensive review, right down to the trainers and ushers.

-Someone feeding info to Gormley is including every casual 5 minute conversation Ted has as being part of the review.

-Ted is seriously pissed and turning over every stone to find out where the smell is coming from, and nobody is safe.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Another: Ted is a blind man seeking any and every description of the elephant that he can reasonably ask because he lacks insight otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad