Confirmed with Link: Hartman and 5th to Preds for Ejdsell, 1st and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well had a big post wrote out but this site, yeah sorry, don't like the trade, don't like the player, I don't care how many years he has left.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I like the trade, and think he takes Hartnell’s spot. Salomaki scratched, and Hartnell in his place on the fourth line with Fish and Sissons.
Deeeeeep deep team.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You don't mess with the 3rd line at least for now. Hartman/Watson - Fisher - Sissons is a great 4th line and a complete bitch to play against.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well going into the playoffs, you need a deep roster as we learned last year it's not a matter of if our players will get injured but when. Don't know if it's worth the amount we gave up but I guess this at least adds depth to our roster if our players get injured.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Last year's playoff run, expansion draft and hunt for 2nd line center forced Poile to switch off from his summer routines drastically. Now he is making sure he has almost no workload for the summer so that he can finally relax for a while.

Reactions: teddyli

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We got a 4th for Aberg so did we send our 4th or Columbus 4th to Chicago? Either way we still have one 4th

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Added:

- Fisher
- Hartman
- Tolvanen*
- 5th round pick

Lost:
- 1st
- 4th
- Edjsell
- Aberg

Look at it how you want I guess.

It's Hartman and a 5th for a 1st, 4th, Edjsell and Aberg. You can't count Fisher and Tolvanen in gained assets compared to what were given up because we didn't have to give anything up to get them.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
We got a 4th for Aberg so did we send our 4th or Columbus 4th to Chicago? Either way we still have one 4th

We traded the Columbus fourth in this deal I believe. We traded our forth already.
We have a third, 2 fifths and a seventh in this coming draft.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Patrick maroon went for a prospect and a third.
We paid a first fourth and prospect for Hartman.

Not a fan of maroon but still

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Relative to the start of the season we've also added Turris. I feel good with our team going into the playoffs. I also like the fact that once again we're not in the middle of trying to work in high end new players into our system weeks prior to the playoffs.

Reactions: myFialabot

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hm. I like Hartman ok, and I can see him as a long-term-ish replacement for what we want/wanted Hartnell to be this year. He's like a younger version with more juice in him. I don't see that we needed him all that much this year, but they can try to sign him cheap, or do one of those magical longer term deals and keep him around for the extended run at contention. I think that's what this is about. They're making an extended run, they know it, and he's a young, retainable, affordable guy who is basically a perfect fit in his own role. He's like a puzzle piece that fits nicely to needs, cap, age, etc. So I think they paid a bit of a premium for that perceived fit.

I'm not liking the idea of giving up a 1st and one of our better prospects to fill that role, but I am definitely willing to reserve judgement. It looks a bit dubious up front, but maybe it could pay off.

Reactions: TennesseeTolvanen

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You guys/gals are going to (probably) like Hartman. He's underproduced this year, but he got 19 goals almost exclusively at even strength last season. He takes quite a bit of penalties, but he usually draws more then he takes.

It's a good haul for the Hawks, but I honestly really liked Hartsy (yep, that's his nickname) and am really disappointed to see him leave, especially to a division rival (trading a pest to a team you see 5 times a year is not the best thing in the world). But like I said, Preds fans should end up liking him quite a bit.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

It's Hartman and a 5th for a 1st, 4th, Edjsell and Aberg. You can't count Fisher and Tolvanen in gained assets compared to what were given up because we didn't have to give anything up to get them.
That was kind of my point. I was taking into account all gains and losses as it pertains to everything around the deadline. I wasn't zeroing in on the trade only, just the way our team is transforming as a whole through various maneuvers.

TennesseeTolvanen

Jan 18, 2018
Well, this is almost exactly what I was going to post as the servers started going wild:
Hm. I like Hartman ok, and I can see him as a long-term-ish replacement for what we want/wanted Hartnell to be this year. He's like a younger version with more juice in him. I don't see that we needed him all that much this year, but they can try to sign him cheap, or do one of those magical longer term deals and keep him around for the extended run at contention. I think that's what this is about. They're making an extended run, they know it, and he's a young, retainable, affordable guy who is basically a perfect fit in his own role. He's like a puzzle piece that fits nicely to needs, cap, age, etc. So I think they paid a bit of a premium for that perceived fit.

I'm not liking the idea of giving up a 1st and one of our better prospects to fill that role, but I am definitely willing to reserve judgement. It looks a bit dubious up front, but maybe it could pay off.

Hate giving up the 1st rounder in a deep draft year, but I have always liked Hartman (for a Hawk) and how he plays.

#PoileTakeTheWheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad