Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Wall starts in goal. Cuylle, Crawley, Loverde and Geertson out with Dmowski, Ronning, Bitteto and Reunanen in. Coaches are Asst GM Pat Boller, Jeff Malcom and Vincent Loverde. Starting are Barron, Brodzinski and Newell. Defense are Raddysh and Seiloff. Looks like they want offensive defensemen on each pair. Mason Geertson got a two game suspension.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wall starts in goal. Cuylle, Crawley, Loverde and Geertson out with Dmowski, Ronning, Bitteto and Reunanen in. Coaches are Asst GM Pat Boller, Jeff Malcom and Vincent Loverde. Starting are Barron, Brodzinski and Newell. Defense are Raddysh and Seiloff. Looks like they want offensive defensemen on each pair. Mason Geertson got a two game suspension.
That's awesome LoVerde gets to coach. I guess he's probably interested in that when he hangs them up.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wall starts in goal. Cuylle, Crawley, Loverde and Geertson out with Dmowski, Ronning, Bitteto and Reunanen in.
Coaches are Asst GM Pat Boller, Jeff Malcom and Vincent Loverde.
Starting are Barron, Brodzinski and Newell. Defense are Raddysh and Seiloff.
Looks like they want offensive defensemen on each pair. Mason Geertson got a two game suspension.

had just looked at gamepage,
was wondering why Loverde was not in lineup, good for him
TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

also scratched: Whelan, Sanchez, Lackey, Fontaine (injured?), Elmer(in ECHL)

RE: Geertsen - had anyone mentioned the Tweet by Leslie, earlier this week
re Geersten being NHL-signed with intent to move full-time to wing for eventual NHL call-up?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
no score after 1. Shots 8-8. Wall solid in goal, stopping a couple of good chances, including one on a turnover by Bitetto. Best opportunity was Greco missing on a shorthand breakaway. Reuanen playing right defense with Bitetto. Second line was Gettinger, Richards and Ronning. Khodorenko, with Dmowski and Reuschhooff and O'Leary centering Greco and Thompson. Ronning very active. Brodzinski line had one good stretch without scoring. One power play apiece. Pack PP was terrible. Pack have to kill off second half of crosschecking penalty on Guttiari.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-2 after 2. Pack dominates play and breakthrough twice, first by Ty Ronning putting in a rebound of a Khodorenko shot and then an excellent play by Thompson, Greco and O'Leary leading to O'Leary scoring on a shot from in front. Then with Pack completely in control, with first six shots, Gettinger skating in mid ice 2-2 tries a cross ice pass that is picked off that leads to a free close in shot that Wall fights off but he can't control the rebound and Bridgeport scores. All because of a bad mid ice turnover. Then Bridgeport takes over creating 3 straight Pack penalties and they score on the second penalty with Wall not having much of a chance. After that fast pack start until the Gettinger turnover, Bridgeport outshoots the Pack 12-2.

Very frustrated by Gettinger. Even Greco and Thompson who I've been hard on have played well.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Forgot to mention 2 of the 3 penalties were by Barron. The first was in the defensive end where he was working to stop a chance but the second one was a lazy tripping penalty in the middle of the ice.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack lose 4-3 in OT when Bitetto is cross checked in front of his net and hurt and Bridgeport cashed in on resulting 3-2. Bitetto really mad yelling at ref who standing right there doesn't make the obvious call.

Third period started out with Bridgeport getting an early goal. With Bridgeport pressing the puck comes out to the right point with no Pack player in site and the defenseman walks to the top of the circle and shoots one by Wall. I couldn't tell who should have been covering the point but someone made a defensive error. The Pack come back later with Richards winning a face off in the Bridgeport end back to Raddysh whose shot is tipped in by Ronning. Rest of the period pretty even.

Two Pack power plays that were just terrible. The Greco -- Thompson -- O'Leary line was pretty effective. The Brodzinski line had some moments. Bitetto looked rusty and Reunanen had another quiet game. Ty Ronning has been in 3 games and effective in each one. I'm not sure why he was sitting out the other five. I don't see him as an NHL player but he has speed and stick handled the puck out of trouble several times. None of the other rookies were very noticeable.

Back to action on Saturday.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pack w NO regulation wins since game 2, Feb.11th...
(1 OT win, today's OT loss)
... but this was only 7th game in those 35 days... 3 games in next 9 days

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Greco and Thompson f***ing suck. Get them off the team.

Ronning should play as long as he's producing. He has no future with us but if he is going to contribute, let him play.

Reactions: Osminator

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I'm at the front of the line in saying how bad these two have been. But they played together today on the fourth line and were very effective. The kids were on the top 3 lines and all had plenty of opportunities. As long as the kids are getting an opportunity and the vets aren't hurting the team I don't mind. And if they contribute that's all to the better.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence but it was Dmowski's birthday today so that may be why he got a game.

Greco and Thompson f***ing suck. Get them off the team.

Ronning should play as long as he's producing. He has no future with us but if he is going to contribute, let him play.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm at the front of the line in saying how bad these two have been. But they played together today on the fourth line and were very effective. The kids were on the top 3 lines and all had plenty of opportunities. As long as the kids are getting an opportunity and the vets aren't hurting the team I don't mind. And if they contribute that's all to the better.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence but it was Dmowski's birthday today so that may be why he got a game.
IDK, both of those guys are .5-.6 PPG scorers in the AHL. I fully agree that it's good to have the kids getting good minutes and producing but those guys need to do more than not be awful on the fourth line. I think we've seen in the past the difference between a winning AHL team and a losing team is what those higher-end AHL vets do. If they play well you are a winning team, if they struggle, you struggle. I want the kids to play well but also play for a winning team, and for that to happen we need more than Brodzinski contributing.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
had just looked at gamepage,
was wondering why Loverde was not in lineup, good for him
TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

also scratched: Whelan, Sanchez, Lackey, Fontaine (injured?), Elmer(in ECHL)

RE: Geertsen - had anyone mentioned the Tweet by Leslie, earlier this week
re Geersten being NHL-signed with intent to move full-time to wing for eventual NHL call-up?

Mullets play anywhere

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...the difference between a winning AHL team and a losing team is what those higher-end AHL vets do. If they play well you are a winning team, if they struggle, you struggle. I want the kids to play well but also play for a winning team, and for that to happen we need more than Brodzinski contributing.

Last season was first Blackwell even split his season kinda evenly, between NHL<>AHL.
NYR may have presumed he'd be one of those AAAA guys for HWP.

Greco had strong AHL seasons in '17-18 and '18-19, last year he bounced around (2 NHL trades, 3 AHL teams).
I don't watch the games, but obviously just 2 assists and -7 is way to little from a 'trusted vet.

Reactions: nyr2k2

DinoNYR14

Jun 7, 2019
Not sure of the rules but last night the Wolfpack signed Zach Berzolla from Colorado College. Stay at home Senior defenseman was a captain this year as well. Not sure if a pto or not. Should be announced today or tomorrow.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not sure of the rules but last night the Wolfpack signed Zach Berzolla from Colorado College. Stay at home Senior defenseman was a captain this year as well. Not sure if a pto or not. Should be announced today or tomorrow.
If it is a tryout, it would be an ATO as he was in college and is considered an amateur. It could also be an SPC for the remainder of the season, though guys who sign after their college seasons end usually get ATOs (usually but not always).

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If it is a tryout, it would be an ATO as he was in college and is considered an amateur. It could also be an SPC for the remainder of the season, though guys who sign after their college seasons end usually get ATOs (usually but not always).
IT may start as an ATO BUT may be upgraded to an SPC....

Providence just added Edouard Tralmaks to a similiar contract, which will be an ATO/SPC hybrid

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

thank you Dino

Zach Berzolla at eliteprospects.com
6'2" 196# 5/28/98, so not yet 23
wore C this season, A last -
played virtually every game, except 2 as a freshman
minus player as Sr and Jr, but so were all the regulars, multiple D were worse each year

Zachary Berzolla Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Reminds me of Guttiari signing. Probably best player on really bad team (Colorado College winning % this year was .273). Kid comes from New Jersey which might have influenced his interest in signing with Hartford.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Zach Berzolla, CC hockey's Mr. Reliable, looks to keep improving as Tigers take on Michigan State

Colorado College’s Zach Berzolla isn’t impressed with your top line.
“I see who their top guys are and hope I’m playing against them on the ice that night,” Berzolla said. “I take a lot of pride in that."
Berzolla wants to be the one to ground Colorado College’s high-flying opponents. He’s put in the work. Why bother if you’re not interested in being among the NCHC’s best?
“That’s definitely what I want to do and who I want to be,” he said.
“He just quietly goes around his business and you see him with the big hits every once in a while,” Haviland said.
“He logs a lot of minutes for us and he defends against a lot of teams’ first lines and in this conference you’re talking about guys that are usually leaving in a year or two or three and going to play (in the pros). He’s playing against those guys and he’s done a great job with it.”

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Game 10 Providence visiting Wolfpack.

Wall in Goal, Loverde in for Taylor (unclear who replaced Loverde on the bench) Brodzinski out (assuming injury)and Dmowski with Cuylle and making his AHL debut James Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad