Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
All true but there also are cameras at each end and if the producer was switching shots between the three cameras at the right time a viewer would have a much better chance of following the play. Too many times the wrong camera is being used for the shot. It's a very poor production.
To those complaining of the camera angle, it does suck--but remember Providence is not playing games in their normal arena but in some other random place.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All true but there also are cameras at each end and if the producer was switching shots between the three cameras at the right time a viewer would have a much better chance of following the play. Too many times the wrong camera is being used for the shot. It's a very poor production.
I get it, but it's minor league hockey in a glorified public skating rink. Every team that's playing is operating at a huge loss. The production values are going to be terrible; they're mediocre at best in a normal year.

EDIT: This is also why I didn't subscribe this year and rely on "other" means to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ola and Ranger Ric

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Spittn Chicklets just tweeted it as well. What a war!
OLd time hockey. Probertish... Our Boy Geerson warming up for taking a shot at the THUG Nick Ritchie on Thursday night? I certainly hope so... After Chara left, Bruins best tough guy is like Fredric? Young, strong, fearless but not that intimidating. Yet. Ask Lemmy...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
To those complaining of the camera angle, it does suck--but remember Providence is not playing games in their normal arena but in some other random place.

The fisheye camera in the corner is something I've never seen before. It does look like they are literally playing inside of a barn. Would be nice if they would let them back into their main facilities.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
OLd time hockey. Probertish... Our Boy Geerson warming up for taking a shot at the THUG Nick Ritchie on Thursday night? I certainly hope so... After Chara left, Bruins best tough guy is like Fredric? Young, strong, fearless but not that intimidating. Yet. Ask Lemmy...

Would love to see him get a chance.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The fisheye camera in the corner is something I've never seen before. It does look like they are literally playing inside of a barn. Would be nice if they would let them back into their main facilities.
When they announed Providence would be playing elsewhere, they said their normal arena "is unavailable for this season as it is being used by the State of Rhode Island for various Covid-19 related initiatives." So, whatever all that means--shot clinics? Command center? Who knows.

I imagine the person doing the main video work is probably like the Director of Sales or something, one of the people they actually kept on payroll in some capacity. They probably laid off or furloughed most of the normal crew through this season.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Tyler Wall back in goal. Same defense except Taylor in for Crawley and looks like the same forwards from last game with Geertson playing forward. No James Sanchez.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Tyler Wall back in goal. Same defense except Taylor in for Crawley and looks like the same forwards from last game with Geertson playing forward. No James Sanchez.
WATCHING both this thread and the Providence thread to see how they differ.....

Hughes replaces Senyshen on the Lauko line.... and McKegg is added to the PRO Lineup....

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Yes, it's a Gregg McKegg siting. Pretty sleepy period. Bruins lead 1-0. Shots are 8-5 Pack. Bruins goal on an innocent play coming in 2-2. The pass goes to the winger coming down the left side. Guitari drives him wide but still able to get off a sharp angle shot that avoids Wall. Not a lot of dangerous shots. Pack power play was awful. Bruins on power play on Cuylle with about 90 seconds left in the period. No one standing out although I continue to like how Reuschhoff uses his body to protect the puck. Not sure why he is playing with O'Leary and Geertson.
WATCHING both this thread and the Providence thread to see how they differ.....

Hughes replaces Senyshen on the Lauko line.... and McKegg is added to the PRO Lineup....

Reactions: Ola

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Rangers should call up Morgan Barron, he has been heating up as of late

Seems like NYR's plan is to give Barron and Reunanen the year in Hartford for stability, and have them compete for the big club in a real preseason next year.

We maybe might see them late this season when Hartford is done, but I wouldn't bet heavily on it.

Which of the two make it might depend on who Seattle takes in expansion. If Lemieux goes, Barron feels like a shoe-in. If they take Hajek, it opens up a spot for Tarmo.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
3-0 Bruins after 2. Pack outshooting Bruins 22-14. Bruins score on a power play with a cross ice tip in on which Wall had no chance. Shortly thereafter a shot from the blue line is tipped in. The camera shot was behind the play so I couldn't tell what happened on the tip in. Wall later makes a great save on a Bruins short handed chance. The Khodorenko-Newell-Barron line had a couple of good shifts and surprisingly the O'Leary-Geertson-Resuchhoff line had a couple of chances. The veteran line of Brodzinski-Greco-Gettinger has been invisible.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I am a big Barron fan having watched many of his games at Cornell and I have watched all of the Pack games this year. Barron is doing fine in his rookie year but not in any way dominating that would lead you to think he is ready. We should tap the brakes on calling him up now.
They will, once he is ready AND his performance bonuses aren't a problem anymore, capwise

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
And as Amazing K notes the cap is a problem. Vince M. retweeted an analysis by Puckpedia showing that the Rangers have cap room for Kravtsov but very little else. So to bring either Barron or Reunanen up the Rangers are going to need to clear cap space.

I think Reunanen's game has slipped a little. Still handles the puck well but not generating as much offense as at the beginning of the year. Still like him but think he needs more time in Hartford.

I am a big Barron fan having watched many of his games at Cornell and I have watched all of the Pack games this year. Barron is doing fine in his rookie year but not in any way dominating that would lead you to think he is ready. We should tap the brakes on calling him up now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And as Amazing K notes the cap is a problem. Vince M. retweeted an analysis by Puckpedia showing that the Rangers have cap room for Kravtsov but very little else. So to bring either Barron or Reunanen up the Rangers are going to need to clear cap space.

I think Reunanen's game has slipped a little. Still handles the puck well but not generating as much offense as at the beginning of the year. Still like him but think he needs more time in Hartford.

Reunanen would be fine if they move Johnson to the taxi squad. You'd clear 1,075,000 with that move, while Reunanen's cap hit (including performance bonuses) is $925,000

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack lose 5-2 outshooting Bruins 28-23. Early in the period Paul Thompson starts a fight with Oscar Steen and mauls him. He gets 2 for slashing 5 for fighting and a game misconduct. I'm not sure I've ever seen only one player get a fighting penalty. So the Pack have to kill off a 7 minute power play. And then Mason Geertson erupts. Patrick Newell digs a puck behind the net and passes out to Geertson who beats Jeremy Swayman. You can slow Geertson down but you can't stop him. Shortly after Gettinger trying to forecheck behind the Bruins goal line falls and takes himself out of the play leading to a 5-3 on which the Bruins score with Wall not having a chance. After killing off the power play the Pack gets a power play and start their second unit. Reuschhoff takes a pass behind the net and finds an open Morgan Barron to make the score 4-2. Later Newell digs out another puck behind the net and finds Barron who is stopped on a great chance. Bruins score an empty netter to finish the scoring. I thought the 3 best Pack players were Newell, Barron and Reuschhoff. The Hartford veterans just did nothing, even Brodzinski.

So we're a third thought the season and the Pack are 3-5. Some hopeful signs but no one dominating.

Reactions: egelband and 28

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Would the Rangers risk losing Jack Johnson to waivers??????

Right now the Rangers are at 23 players so when Kravtsov comes the team will have to drop someone, presumably one of the forwards.

I would like to see Reunanen get a shot by the end of the year but he's just been OK the last couple of games after a hot start. During the 7 minute power play this afternoon he never left the bench. So clearly the coaches see something they don't like in his defensive game.

Reunanen would be fine if they move Johnson to the taxi squad. You'd clear 1,075,000 with that move, while Reunanen's cap hit (including performance bonuses) is $925,000

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Would the Rangers risk losing Jack Johnson to waivers??????

Right now the Rangers are at 23 players so when Kravtsov comes the team will have to drop someone, presumably one of the forwards.

I would like to see Reunanen get a shot by the end of the year but he's just been OK the last couple of games after a hot start. During the 7 minute power play this afternoon he never left the bench. So clearly the coaches see something they don't like in his defensive game.

The only person in the Rangers organization who is afraid Johnson might be claimed off waivers is JD :laugh:

Reactions: Ranger Ric

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
no idea why they haven't waived either/both Johnson or/and Smith for assignment to Taxi
cause this organization still believes that they are NHL players at this point in their career. this just proves that this organization can't even scout NHL talent either. in most organizations Smith and Johnson would be in the AHL. not the Rangers cause they also don't want to hurt their feelings.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Kevan Miller really but he’s been out. That guy is seriously tough. Frederic is good mind you and so is Lauzon but Miller can knock people down. He almost never loses.

I’d like Geertsen over Frederic. He’s easily the toughest guy in our organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad