Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

(Online) I am one of those megalomaniacs who thinks I know best in the universe and as a side effect I don’t often find myself really taking to others opinion, but I got to say, @Steve Kournianos observations are becoming really precise and spot on (from my POV).

upload_2021-2-14_3-3-43.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Really if we're not counting Lafreniere or Miller or any of the guys on the Rangers prospects anymore I'd probably have Lundkvist and Schneider in our top three prospects with Kravtsov and the LD guys wouldn't be far behind. 2 to 5 years from now our D should be outstanding. That will be great for Shesterkin and Alex if he's still here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Really if we're not counting Lafreniere or Miller or any of the guys on the Rangers prospects anymore I'd probably have Lundkvist and Schneider in our top three prospects with Kravtsov and the LD guys wouldn't be far behind. 2 to 5 years from now our D should be outstanding. That will be great for Shesterkin and Alex if he's still here.

The D's good this year and Alex is playing like a scrub. I hope he's not here in 2 to 5 years. The guy at his best was inconsistent, now he just sucks.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The D's good this year and Alex is playing like a scrub. I hope he's not here in 2 to 5 years. The guy at his best was inconsistent, now he just sucks.

Goalies can have ups and down periods too and Alex is still pretty young. For what else we have in the net in our system he's No. 2 easily at least until someone like Wall starts playing and showing he's ready.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Goalies can have ups and down periods too and Alex is still pretty young. For what else we have in the net in our system he's No. 2 easily at least until someone like Wall starts playing and showing he's ready.

But his ups were never that good. At his best he'd be a monster one game and a sieve the next. This isn't Lundqvist who would go MIA for a month but the rest of the time was unbeatable.

Reactions: The Godfather

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
But his ups were never that good. At his best he'd be a monster one game and a sieve the next. This isn't Lundqvist who would go MIA for a month but the rest of the time was unbeatable.

If this is the new normal for Georgiev sure, but I doubt it. He was pretty consistent in his underlying numbers his first three seasons. For two of them he was better than the declining Lundqvist.

I won't give up on him being a solid backup yet, but he's certainly getting paid like one so he needs to step it up and get back to .910.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If this is the new normal for Georgiev sure, but I doubt it. He was pretty consistent in his underlying numbers his first three seasons. For two of them he was better than the declining Lundqvist.

I won't give up on him being a solid backup yet, but he's certainly getting paid like one so he needs to step it up and get back to .910.

Last year the gap in stats between him and Shesterkin was warranted because the Rangers were a sieve defensively, this season he really needs to do better. The worst defensive game the Rangers played I'd say was the Islanders game and Georgiev didn't even start that one. Though that one Pens game that he did start was pretty bad.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Last year the gap in stats between him and Shesterkin was warranted because the Rangers were a sieve defensively, this season he really needs to do better. The worst defensive game the Rangers played I'd say was the Islanders game and Georgiev didn't even start that one. Though that one Pens game that he did start was pretty bad.

The Rangers defending at least after the first few games has gotten significantly better this year---it's just the offense has gone anemic. So yeah I get the point that the goaltending if it's up to the same par should keep us in more games. The last few years we really needed to figure out the D---this year it's more the O.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack 1-0 after 1. Outshooting Bridgeport 11-2. Wall makes outstanding save on one of the two shots showing good mobility to get across the net to stop a 2-1. Reunanen gathers turnover and finds Reuschhoff who snipes in his first goal of his pro career toward end of period. Bridgeport not very good. Pack 0-3 on power play. At a couple of points I noticed Barron made passive plays and I remember Quinn being quoted as saying Barron played tentative. Looks like that to me. Khodorenko still handles puck well. No Justin Richards.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Whelan and Geertesen getting their first action
Wall in net, Garand is backup

Richards sits again, despite effective, productive first game - any insights?
... he missed camp apparently for Covid considerations

Dmowski sits (played both earlier games)
Crawley sits again (played game 1)

Seems Taylor, Ronning, Elmer are the players to not see gameday rosters yet
(Shawn McBride not listed at official HWP or AHL rosters, but also no record of assignment elsewhere)

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-2 after 2. Pack outshooting Bridgeport 25-13. Geertson shot on goal rebounds to Barron who makes nice cross ice pass to Brodzinski for goal. Both Bridgeport goals come from 30-40 foot out. First shot Bridgeport comes in 2 on2 , player shoots and camera doesn't show puck go in so can't tell what happened with Wall. Second shot looked like Wall should have had it but perhaps he was screened. Wall plays very deep in the net not challenging shooters.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Pack played really, except they could never get a 2-goal lead going... clearly the better team. I'll give Wall the benefit of doubt, first pro game, first overall game this season. Not a debut to remember, but hopefully he will reach his best sooner than later.

That being said, you still have the junior kid Garand to get a game, as well as Huska, still to play his first game.

Reactions: cwede

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Tyler Wall really looking shaky... I know it's his pro debut, but literally any shot could go in against him. I hope he gets the jitters out of the way and gets a grip.
I like huska better tbh. He was pretty good when he play pre-season against the Flyers. He’s just such a big guy like dubnyk or bishop. Sometimes those guys take a little longer to settle down and find their style. I know he didn’t have a great year last year

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Agree. The big difference today was Kinkaid wasn't in goal. Pack outshot Bridgeport 32-18. Brodzinski picks up Bridgeport turnover behind the net and passes out from to Newell for 3-2 lead. But Pack have defensive breakdown and Bridgeport gets open shot from above the circle. The camera is behind the play so it's hard to see whether Wall screened or just missed shot but third shot from above the circle that Wall lets in. Fourth goal is another defensive breakdown where Bridgeport player walks in from the side and passes across the net and looked like it went in off a Bridgeport player skate.

Over 3 games Reunanen and Brodzinski are the players that consistently stick out. Khodorenko, Cuylle, Barron and Reuschhoff had had moments. Schneider looked good in his 2 games. Rest of the players, meh. Not bad just meh.

Tyler Wall really looking shaky... I know it's his pro debut, but literally any shot could go in against him. I hope he gets the jitters out of the way and gets a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad