Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
everyone is always in a rush with everything. Tarmo is 22 years old and has played 2 pro games in the north america. We should be very happy with his play, as well as the other youngster, thru 2 games but I don't see a need to suddenly rush him to ny. Let him continue to get comfortable and build confidence....if he continues his play he'll earn a call up.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
He's played only LD in the two games. If he keeps playing like he has in these games it's not out of the question that later this year we see a third Ranger D pairing of LD Reunanen and RD Hajek. I think the plan always was to have him come to Hartford to get used to the NA game. The Rangers brass knows that Johnson and Smith are gone after this year and Bitetto is signed only for the Seattle draft list. Don't give up yet. Let's see how this plays out.

Honestly, Reunanen was lights out in Traverse and didn’t get a single PS game last season. This year he wasn’t close in Camp. I don’t think DQ appreciates what he brings. I also don’t for a second believe in Reunanen at RD.

If he gets a chance I think he would stick.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
You're right that we need to get some games for Wall and Huska but I think the Rangers wanted Kinkaid to get some action in the event that one of the two Ranger goalies were injured. I also think that it was not a bad idea to have solid goaltending to start the season and give the kids some confidence.

Hopefully Wall and even Huska get some starts coming up. Really no reason to send out Kinkaid.

Brodzinski has been a nice acquisition.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
As of this moment Schneider cannot be called up because he only has an AHL contract. And he has to go back to the WHL if the league starts up unless he signs with the Rangers and the team decides to keep him in NY. He cannot play in Hartford if his league starts up. That's why Robertson is gone.

I feel like Schneider would be Trouba's replacement if it's anyone.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hopefully Wall and even Huska get some starts coming up. Really no reason to send out Kinkaid.

Yes and no.

Yes: Rangers looking after their best interests first and foremost. And that is to have a no. 3 goalie with experience and games under his belt to fill the gap in case Georgiev/Shesterkin go down with injuries/unable to play. NHL needs and wants will always be paramount to everyone below them, AHL, ECHL, etc.

No: The obvious, AHL is about development, so no reason to not play Huska and Wall... season only has what, 24 or 26 games. Neither will really progress in their development with so few games though, but some games are better than zero. Huska is playing practice goalie in NY with the taxi squad really won't help his progress.

I think Huska should have stayed in Europe to get regular playing time. I don't recall what the deal was with Wall, but unlucky him to turn pro in these damn times, especially with the Pack's ECHL affil. Maine not playing this season, another 2 goalie spots lost.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes and no.

Yes: Rangers looking after their best interests first and foremost. And that is to have a no. 3 goalie with experience and games under his belt to fill the gap in case Georgiev/Shesterkin go down with injuries/unable to play. NHL needs and wants will always be paramount to everyone below them, AHL, ECHL, etc.

No: The obvious, AHL is about development, so no reason to not play Huska and Wall... season only has what, 24 or 26 games. Neither will really progress in their development with so few games though, but some games are better than zero. Huska is playing practice goalie in NY with the taxi squad really won't help his progress.

I think Huska should have stayed in Europe to get regular playing time. I don't recall what the deal was with Wall, but unlucky him to turn pro in these damn times, especially with the Pack's ECHL affil. Maine not playing this season, another 2 goalie spots lost.

Agreed but he should have gone to a different team. Zvolen was never going to play him over Rahm

Reactions: Osminator

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Keith was recalled to Taxi today.
NYR, after Tues vs NJ, play 10 of 12 away.
Good they got Keith these 2 games, just in case

but Pack's schedule is soo limited , only 3 more in Feb (17th, 21st, 27th)
it is tough situation for the goalies to find their groove, let alone develop

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cuylle should have been given an assist on the first goal, Khodorenko's rebound put back was off Cuylle's shot. Again, Cuylle didn't look out of place.
The early play of both Schneider and Cuyelle is making me believe that both are coming to camp with a chance to win a spot. Schneider vs. Lundqvist for a spot sounds like an intriguing camp battle.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The early play of both Schneider and Cuyelle is making me believe that both are coming to camp with a chance to win a spot...

I am quite enthusiastic about both guys, however,
I expect both to spend '21-22 in Major Junior and
I expect both to spend, at least, almost all '22-23 in AHL, and likely much of '23-24

being a very promising prospect doesn't have to mean NHL-ready at 20 or 21
no need to rush them, they are looking great, but also guys in pipeline who are further along

all is trending really well, but perhaps not really, really soon for '20 picks

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No one is rushing, but if they are showing that they are handling the AHL well this year, not sure how much of a challenge playing in juniors is going to offer. I also think that this is Schneider's last year in juniors, though I could be wrong.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I am quite enthusiastic about both guys, however,
I expect both to spend '21-22 in Major Junior and
I expect both to spend, at least, almost all '22-23 in AHL, and likely much of '23-24

being a very promising prospect doesn't have to mean NHL-ready at 20 or 21
no need to rush them, they are looking great, but also guys in pipeline who are further along

Schneider was drafted as a 19 year old so I actually see him playing in the AHL next year with some possibility of seeing NHL time. Cuylle however is probably looking at the OHL.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No one is rushing, but if they are showing that they are handling the AHL well this year, not sure how much of a challenge playing in juniors is going to offer. I also think that this is Schneider's last year in juniors, though I could be wrong.

Schneider was drafted as a 19 year old so I actually see him playing in the AHL next year with some possibility of seeing NHL time. Cuylle however is probably looking at the OHL.

Braden Schneider Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Schneider only turned 19 in September, woulda been 18 if draft in June.
But, yeah, this coming season would be his 4th full season in Junior, and he will be 20 before Dec 31 2021. So, if what i read online is accurate, he could play AHL in fall'21.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Braden Schneider Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Schneider only turned 19 in September, woulda been 18 if draft in June.
But, yeah, this coming season would be his 4th full season in Junior, and he will be 20 before Dec 31 2021. So, if what i read online is accurate, he could play AHL in fall'21.

yes that is right. Next year schneider will be considered a 20 year old so he is allowed to play in the AHL next year (Robertsson too)....Cuylle was born in Feb 2002 so next he will be considered a 19 year old so its nhl or juniors for him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
yes that is right. Next year schneider will be considered a 20 year old so he is allowed to play in the AHL next year (Robertsson too)....Cuylle was born in Feb 2002 so next he will be considered a 19 year old so its nhl or juniors for him.

Schneider would be eligible based on CHL seasons as well. Not that it matters much LOL. But next season we can see a Robertson-Schneider pairing in Hartford

Reactions: Osminator

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Hunter Skinner isn't signed yet, is that why he was able to go to Utah in the ECHL? That kind of thing seems like an obvious move for these guys, they're even playing a busier schedule.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hunter Skinner isn't signed yet, is that why he was able to go to Utah in the ECHL? That kind of thing seems like an obvious move for these guys, they're even playing a busier schedule.
He was allowed to sign an ECHL deal because the OHL is still suspended. Same for Cuylle in the AHL.

Schneider, Robertson, Garand were in the same boat. They're doing partial reopenings in the WHL by province, which is why Robertson had to go back and now Schneider will be heading back soon.

Reactions: resting buch face
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad