Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Correction to stuff I posted earlier. Hartford will not play Hershey or Providence in the 1st round. I forgot that the 1st and 2nd place teams in the division get a bye into round 2.

As of right now, being in the 5th spot, we are slotted to play Charlotte. If that ends up being our opponent, we might as well not even play the games. We've got a better change vs Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. So, we've got to hope that Charlotte passes WBS for the 3rd spot. They are 2 points behind with a game in hand, but WBS holds the tiebreaker.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I know Berard is LW but does he have any experience at all playing RW either in college and or at times with Hartford?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We managed 1 goal in the final 4 seconds against Charlotte last time. Can we get 2 goals today?

Chmelar and Vaisanen are both in, centered by Korczac.

Domingue is in net again.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Sykora scores on the PP to make it 1-1 in the 2nd. It's the first PP goal they have scored against Charlotte in the last 29 attempts.

Edit: They had a 5-minute PP shortly after, but only managed 1 shot on goal despite good zone time. Berard did beat Knight on one shot, but it hit the goal post.

Edit2: That shot that hit the post actually went in, so it's 2-1 Hartford and they are still on the PP.

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Edstrom with a breakaway, short-handed, backhand shot to beat Knight to make it 3-1.
haven't watched in a while. watching the 2nd period. They looked disjointed and loose for portions but as they got more physical they looked a lot better. They have a lot of big boys suddenly, Chmelar, Vaisanen, Edstrom, Pitlick --- with that kind of size, it could allow players like Berard and Othmann to play with more of an edge. Mackey is also back from injury as far as i know. I don't know if he's in today.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
haven't watched in a while. watching the 2nd period. They looked disjointed and loose for portions but as they got more physical they looked a lot better. They have a lot of big boys suddenly, Chmelar, Vaisanen, Edstrom, Pitlick --- with that kind of size, it could allow players like Berard and Othmann to play with more of an edge. Mackey is also back from injury as far as i know. I don't know if he's in today.
Mackey is in. He's been back for a few games now.

Scanlin, Mancini, Hollowell, Robertson and Hillman are the other dmen.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nice win w 2 vet scoring Fs (petan, Belzile) healthy scratches

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
When we did the prospect ranking this summer my list was a bit different from the board's. I've said it before but ultimately I think with Berard and Othmann in the mix there's a good chance they push Cuylle down to the bottom line in the near future. Not that thats a bad thing... obviously Othmann is more highly touted but I think even Berard's speed and skill will compliment that 3rd line a little more. Our future 4th line should be really solid

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pack add depth for playoffs

ECHL Playoff brackets are set; Cincy didn't make it; neither did Worcester

So Pack recalled Panwar from Cincy while NYR moved Lindbom, Boyko from Cincy to Pack

also winger Blade Jenkins, signed mid-season by Pack, when they had lotta Fs out, recalled to Pack from Worcester

only other pro guy who might join Pack from E would be Berzolla, his Florida team faces Jax in 1st round

rookie d-man Siedem, who signed w Pack for next 2 years, played 2 games w Pack, on ATO, before returning to Notre dame to finish classes, could re-join on another ATO

BMB and Roobroeck can join if their OHL seasons end before Pack's does
(I guess Tarnstrom, too, but no obvious indication NYR have plans for him, his rights expire in 6 weeks)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Pack add another NCAA UDFA D-man on a 2-year deal (as w Siedam)
Case McCarthy played 5 seasons at BU, this year wore 'C', last 'A'
NYR GM Chris Drury a loyal BU alum ...

"He is a big hitter and the type of big hitter that that is extremely effective without pulling himself out of position to lay down the boom", McKeen's Hockey 2019 (via EliteProspects)

---------------
slight update, he wasn't UDFA, had been drafted by NJD

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad