Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I don't think Rykov replaced Day as much as he replaced Taylor. Sure, Taylor is still on the roster, but he's back in the press box even though the Pack are dressing 4RHD and playing one on the left side Taylor didn't get called up or get into any games until Lindgren got promoted, and played the left side behind Day and Geertsen, but still only got into six games.

BTW, does anyone know which RHD is playing the left side in Hartford? That's not something you see very often. It's kind of amazing how the org has gone from a dearth of RHDs to a surplus in just a season or two.
Not if you actually draft rds. Just like we would have a big team if we drafted big players. Not trying to be a wise guy but drafting strategy matters.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Isn’t ‘detest’ a little strong word? ;)
not when you've lost multiple teams, including one that abruptly was sold unbeknowst to even the affiliate that it was occurring, the story was a fan wanted to order season tickets and pick up a jersey that had been on layaway and halfway through that transaction was never completed because the franchise had been sold to be transferred to Springfield, who sold theirs per their agreement with Arizona, who placed it in Tucson, (the Falcons were born off a side deal when the Indians went to Worcester (now Utica), in fact, the original Spectra owned Mariners still exist, in Stockton, CA as the Heat, where it's been a Flames affiliate in Saint John, NB, Omaha, Quad City (Moline/Davenport, IA), and Abbotsford, BC).

Worcester's story is very similar, if not identical, the Ice Cats aka the Indians, under the Blues, then the grandstanding over Peoria replacing Worcester, before San Jose stepped in to the DCU, before becoming the Barracuda, and now the Railers HC, aligned with Bridgeport/Islanders, who just hired David Cunniff off the Pack coaching staff no less than two weeks ago.... it equates to the 18 month stint of the Pack being the Connecticut Whale against MSG's protestations about Baldwin's marketing shenanigans about Whalers Sports and Entertainment, and even that was done mid-season.... you don't rebrand a team mid year

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Catching up. I’m watching the game against Springfield from Friday night

just about the end of the first period. 2-2 score. Fogarty is making some ridiculous plays in this game. I mean high end. This guy is really really playing well. He absolutely should be called up next. He’s doing it all.

Rykov looks strong in his first action here

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

just about the end of the first period. 2-2 score. Fogarty is making some ridiculous plays in this game. I mean high end. This guy is really really playing well. He absolutely should be called up next. He’s doing it all.

I liked him at notre dame but maybe it’s just taking him longer to get to the big leagues.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Shesterkin made a ridiculous 2 on 0 save to keep it 2-2 then lettieri on the pp from ORegan and Keane makes it 3-2.

Shesterkin reminds me a lot of Jonathan Quick as a young goaltender but also a lot like Georgiev. And some raanta. You gotta note allaire has definitley had some influence on him here. Seems a lot more in control than he did in Russia but still as explosive and athletic. A lot to like about this kid but maybe the most to like is the mental make up. Just seems like nothing gets to him.

ORegan with a 3 point game off a bad bank shot goal 4-2 Pack with about 6 mins to go in the 2nd.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Love the save Shesterkin just made on a 2 on 1. Just held his ground like a rock basically stayed up doesn’t open up like hank does. Puck just hits him. Georgiev is great at this too just holding his edges

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The 5th Pack goal is on an excellent back hand sauce pass for a tap in set up by Rykov to Newell. Just a beauty of a set up by Rykov who looks great.

that’s his first point in North America.

now Shesterkin makes a ridiculous Jonathan quick split save on a down low 2 on 0 situation. Full sliding split save. Ridiculous.

I’ve got a pretty quiet day working from home today I’m gonna try and get thru all 3 games from the weekend give some thoughts.

Lias was ok in this one. Noticeable at least. It’s good knowing what he does the next night that he built off of this game. Looking forward to watching that one next

oh my I have no idea how Lettieri missed a wide open net here on some pretty passing on the PP.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
First period vs BNG

great deke by Lias for the goal. Always like his abilities around the net. Made it look easy. 1-0

Huska such a different type of goalie than Shesterkin. Just used his size moves well. Big athlete. Looks good here early.

Keane just buried someone in a fight that was surprising.

very good period Ebert with a bomb for the 2nd goal again Fogarty is everywhere out there. Nieves on the other hand has been awful

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2nd period

Kind of a breakdown on the bingo goal against not much Huska could do. 2-1

again the plays Fogarty is making just are really really high end. I mean I didn’t know or ever see it in him in the past but his skill set looks night and day from where he’s been in his career.

now Lias makes a great play skates with the puck surprisingly, pulls puck around dman slides to Fogarty for a tap in 3-1. Great play by andersson. It’s such a struggle for him to carry the puck really is, but at this pace with some space he makes a beauty of a slick play. Gaining confidence for sure.

late PP

Another great play by forgarty comes off the wall slides to ORegan who finds Andersson for a tap in right on top of the crease where he should be for the rest of his career. 4-1

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ok Sunday’s game vs Providence. First period

early goal but not much going on here other than Fogarty absolutely continuing to make plays that AHLers don’t make. I mean I have never been a Fogarty fan but geez.

I will say this. If the Rangers like Lias Andersson and want him to be a part of this team long term they would be doing him a tremendous service by moving him to wing. He is never going to drive play or be able to keep up in the middle but he can move the puck to a better player and get to the net where he’s at his best.

at this level it’s fine let him play center Continue to grow but he looks his best with Fogarty doing most of the work and getting him the puck. At the nhl level perhaps a middle six left wing role maybe some mins in front of the net on PP2 and of course PK time and he could be something. Brendan Lemieux is basically in that exact role for us now but it’s a role Andersson could fill potentially. He’s never going to be an NHL center. That idea should end.

Shesterkin zero problems here kicking pucks out squaring up. Looks bigger than he is because of his ability to hold those edges. And he is slightly bigger than Georgiev.

a highlight reel save again pushing across the crease does this at least once a game like Quick. Amazing

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2nd Period 2-0 early

Lettieri scores one of those slap shot from the left wall one timers on the PP that he can only beat AHL goalies with. I mean no one in front and from far out blew it right by the goalie.
Shesterkin’s ability to play the puck will be a definite weapon for sure

A bit about the two goalies. I’ve already talked about Shesterkin but Huska is a very different goalie he’s definitely no Where near as smooth as Shesterkin Georgiev or hank was when younger. Hes clunky for sure. He’s not as flexible. I should be objective here he’s not very flexible at all. But like I said earlier he’s strong and athletic and gets to his spots to square up really well. You aren’t blowing pucks by him forget it.

this may turn people off but he does remind me of Pavelec when Pavelec was on his game and with better rebound control. Most of Pavelecs biggest issues were between his ears. I don’t see that with Huska. But Pavelec was a good goalie when he was a young man. Just inconsistent. If Huska was a more consistent more in control Pavelec you’d have a really good back up goalie.

Maybe more like Connor Hellebuyck in a more modern styling keeping with Jets goalies.

Rykov is probably too good for the AHL already. His skating is great anyone that tells you otherwise isn’t paying attn. he’s also built like a young Ryan Mcdonagh. Strong as an Ox. I see no doubt in his game coming back from a pretty serious injury.

Wow what an unbelievable dangle by DiG to the back hand on a 2 on 1 makes it 3-0. This team definitely is feeling it offensively this weekend after really struggling for the past month after they lost Chytil. Shesterkin gets a point!

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

I had a difficult time understanding how Boo got the call up over Fogs. Twice.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I had a difficult time understanding how Boo got the call up over Fogs. Twice.

if you watch the two play it makes zero sense. Nieves has been awful. Dumb penalties u name it.

Fogarty 9 points in his last 6 games and playing like he has no business in the A.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
he looked great this weekend. I think he’s more polished than hajek frankly. Doesn’t really belong in the A
I really liked what I saw from Hajek at the end of last season, but Rykov has always been the guy that most intrigued me just based on the physical attributes. Now with Hajek looking a little lost, and then getting injured... would love to see Rykov come up and get some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad