Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Good 1st by HFD vs Providence.

Lias has played well and had a few chances. Nice to see him being at the center of things there. Still little annoyed at their PP that almost often ends up with Vinny L taking a bad shot from far out...

Lias FOs are impressive. I am not sure what his record is. But he wins many completely clean. Very important on the PP and in the attacking zone. He can benefit from some man strength. But he got really strong hands which pays of in-front of the net and at the circle.

Shesty has been solid. Playing these games is awesome for him. A lot of action. Still good support from the team in-front of him, but also a lot of action.

Geertsen at forward is a bit of a lol.

Goal is Newell from Getts and Boo.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Igor with his big first AHL point :handclap:

Stopped 23 of 24 so far. Getting peppered with shots over the last few minutes.

Reactions: Ola

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Nieves went back and Rykov replaced Day. In terms of the AHL this is a significant improvement

I don't think Rykov replaced Day as much as he replaced Taylor. Sure, Taylor is still on the roster, but he's back in the press box even though the Pack are dressing 4RHD and playing one on the left side Taylor didn't get called up or get into any games until Lindgren got promoted, and played the left side behind Day and Geertsen, but still only got into six games.

BTW, does anyone know which RHD is playing the left side in Hartford? That's not something you see very often. It's kind of amazing how the org has gone from a dearth of RHDs to a surplus in just a season or two.

Reactions: egelband

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Keane with another assist too. His production down there is gonna force hands at some point.

Already have seen some DeAngelo and Fox on pairings. If the left side keeps struggling between Staal and Hajek, he might get the first shot

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
HFD has found a good balance now with three lines that play good hockey and a solid 4th. The top 3 players are maybe not on the 1st, the top 4-6 on be 2nd and so forth. But it’s so much more important to have three lines that works instead adhering to some silly skill hierarchy like DQ is so obsessed about.

I’ve seen a lot of Rykov so no surprises about how he looks here. But you can tell that he has played 2.5 games since August and those 2.5 games have been played the last 2.5 days... Tried to lift a puck high out of the zone and fanned on the clear so he Bruins got a scoring chance. But he is mostly playing solid hockey.

Keane is doing many good things. But from my POV, he isn’t NHL ready.

Remember that HFD play an umbrella on the PP and Keane plays the pts. He gets many pts from just moving the puck along. Those three guys up high on the umbrella (Vinny L-Keane-O’Reagan) will get quite many pts.

He plays a little too much with blinders on streaking down the ice, is a little sloppy with the puck etc.

BUT the kid is of course still really young. Just saying that I think there is a BIG difference between Fox and ADA on one hand and Keane on the other.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
HFD has found a good balance now with three lines that play good hockey and a solid 4th. The top 3 players are maybe not on the 1st, the top 4-6 on be 2nd and so forth. But it’s so much more important to have three lines that works instead adhering to some silly skill hierarchy like DQ is so obsessed about.

I’ve seen a lot of Rykov so no surprises about how he looks here. But you can tell that he has played 2.5 games since August and those 2.5 games have been played the last 2.5 days... Tried to lift a puck high out of the zone and fanned on the clear so he Bruins got a scoring chance. But he is mostly playing solid hockey.

Keane is doing many good things. But from my POV, he isn’t NHL ready.

Remember that HFD play an umbrella on the PP and Keane plays the pts. He gets many pts from just moving the puck along. Those three guys up high on the umbrella (Vinny L-Keane-O’Reagan) will get quite many pts.

He plays a little too much with blinders on streaking down the ice, is a little sloppy with the puck etc.

BUT the kid is of course still really young. Just saying that I think there is a BIG difference between Fox and ADA on one hand and Keane on the other.
Thanks for all the updates :)

Reactions: bl02 and Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nieves odyssey of 4 games in 4 nights ends also with 4 wins and what's more he was a + player in all 4 games.

That’s tough!

When HFD has the depth they have now, they are going to be hard to beat late in 3 games in 3 days stretches. Think the lines were:
Belesky-Lias-Fog (matched against the top unit of Providence, Carey and co)
Vinny L-DiG-ORegan
Newell-Boo-Getts
Geertsen-Jones-Meskanen

The 1st lines played even, but HFDs depth on the 2nd and 3rd line paid off.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Elmer's scored 10 goals so far. Ronning has 7 points in 5 games for Maine. Gropp has 7 points in 9 games for Maine. Leedahl is still injured. Crawley is back from injury and scored an assist. Leedahl is still out.

Attendance in Portland was 2749 for Saturday night game. I don't know how the Mariners will survive past this season if they can't get their average attendance over at least 3000.
ATTENDANCE IS a non factor, the only way the franchise stops is the Rangers can Chris Drury, bmoak

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Team is owned by Comcast, though. Comcast could sell the team or it could simply fold, regardless of anything with the Rangers. No?
committed to the market, they went two years +, without a tenant..... I detest fans who claim attendance is the primary reason a team should fold.... if that were true, Hartford wouldn't be in pro hockey after the Whalers bolted Connecticut for Carolina had the Rangers not stepped in there, Comcast also would have to divest itself of the Wolf*Pack SINCE Spectra runs the Pack's business operations

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
committed to the market, they went two years +, without a tenant..... I detest fans who claim attendance is the primary reason a team should fold.... if that were true, Hartford wouldn't be in pro hockey after the Whalers bolted Connecticut for Carolina had the Rangers not stepped in there, Comcast also would have to divest itself of the Wolf*Pack SINCE Spectra runs the Pack's business operations

Isn’t ‘detest’ a little strong word? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad