Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not sure why or how he thinks pouting his way thru the last two weeks is going to get him to NY any faster. If anything it’s going to get him on a one way flight back to Siberia. This is starting to look really bad

Reactions: bl02 and egelband

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Sucks to hear... There have been much better players than Kravtsov that have had to endure the rigors of the AHL. Five good games is all it takes sometimes to get back to the bigs... it's not like he was ever destined to spend the year there. I'm disappointed considering I've only heard good things about his attitude

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I didn't go overboard in my thinking when Krav was benched and then scratched (b2b in less than 24 hrs) last weekend and I won't with a poor showing this time around. Hopefully the "pouting" was more of a symptom of frustration from not doing what he believes he can do at that level. In the end, once again, we'll see how the coaching staff responds.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe I'm jumping the gun (No one really knows how serious this is) but If i'm JD and JG I'm having a sit down with this kid. We can not...I Mean we can not afford to have this kid go off the tracks. We are already starting to under utilize our 7th overall pick from the previous year. We need this kid to eventually make a top 6 forward impact

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Didn't watch the game but from most accounts, Kravtsov played well in the beginning of the game but cooled off as the game progressed. He got pulled after a rough stretch in his own zone and got pulled in a game where they had a 1 point lead. Seems like they just don't trust him defensively at the moment.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There could be a bunch of things going on with Kravtsov. For one he could be homesick. It's a big cultural adjustment for a 20 year old. Another thing I don't think the AHL gets enough respect. It's a tough league to play in--you have to work hard for your points--it's also a long grinding schedule and Hartford has yet to get to the bus riding part of it but that's coming too. It's got to be one of the least (if not the least) fun leagues to play in--the grind, the smaller rinks, the constant wrestling match going on getting the puck up the ice, the overall physical play. In that respect Vitali is a big guy but he also needs to get stronger. Chytil has got that bull like size and strength--he's a load to deal with. Kravtsov not so much. It's right that he earns his ice time--coaching and staff can work with him on that. He's an extremely important player for our future.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kravtsov sat on the bench the benched for the final 12 minutes. He looked like a whiny brat out there on the ice. He better change because it's not a good look

Not sure why or how he thinks pouting his way thru the last two weeks is going to get him to NY any faster. If anything it’s going to get him on a one way flight back to Siberia. This is starting to look really bad

... i'm JD and JG I'm having a sit down with this kid. We can not...I Mean we can not afford to have this kid go off the tracks...

... lets not go crazy with one ... opinion that he looked like he was pouting on the bench...

this is why these broads can be so silly, with all these 'hot takes,' amateur psychologists, and rushing to judgement.

the re-build ("Build") has always gonna demanded patience, and that process is still going,
having KK, Krav, Fox, Shesty in Camp didn't end the build, it just shifted into a next, but still EARLY, phase of the process, which was always gonna stretch over multiple seasons

Krav is a 19 year old kid with 2 games of NA pro hockey experience, who showed in KHL and international tournaments what he is capable of.

NYR team management, i am sure, sees nothing extraordinary here;

please, don't let impatience, short-sightedness or self-importance lead to making such a big deal of Krav's first 2 games, please back away from demanding your expectations be met immediately, resist the itch for instant gratification,

calm down, friends. enjoy the ride
as we have for 2 years, see the silver lining of road to the bright future, remind yourself that the bumps and ruts along the way are unavoidable part of the journey

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yikes. No offense to AK, but lets not go crazy with one person’s opinion that he looked like he was pouting on the bench. We have no idea what was happening.

Yeah, I am always a little gun shy to claim that someone is not playing well because they aren't trying. We heard the same thing about Lias last season. I think people started to talk about it just because he didn't produce for a stretch in the AHL.

I've not seen the game. But just in general, we should be careful to say that someone isn't putting in an effort just because they aren't performing.

Remember that the AHL game is -- VERY -- different from the NHL, not to mention the KHL. If he was having trouble adjusting to the NHL, the adjustment he must do to the AHL is of course 3-4x as big.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
this is why these broads can be so silly, with all these 'hot takes,' amateur psychologists, and rushing to judgement.

Hehe, I also think part of the problem is people taking "'hot takes,' amateur psychologists, and rushing to judgement" to seriously and running with them.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

the re-build ("Build") has always gonna demanded patience, and that process is still going,
having KK, Krav, Fox, Shesty in Camp didn't end the build, it just shifted into a next, but still EARLY, phase of the process, which was always gonna stretch over multiple seasons

Krav is a 19 year old kid with 2 games of NA pro hockey experience, who showed in KHL and international tournaments what he is capable of.

NYR team management, i am sure, sees nothing extraordinary here;

please, don't let impatience, short-sightedness or self-importance lead to making such a big deal of Krav's first 2 games, please back away from demanding your expectations be met immediately, resist the itch for instant gratification,

calm down, friends. enjoy the ride
as we have for 2 years, see the silver lining of road to the bright future, remind yourself that the bumps and ruts along the way are unavoidable part of the journey

I'm criticising his effort. Or lack thereof. That has nothing to do with talent or skill.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Krav knows he's needed in New York and he'll be playing with the bigs eventually. He really needs to just embrace his time at Hartford. I mean you're with two of your good friends in Rykov and Igor. You're very possibly the best prospect we have that's not in the NHL. You're getting your first taste of North America. You're getting paid well.

Embrace it, man. Have fun. You're going to be playing in MSG before you know it.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lias pouted and looked like **** when he was sent back down last season. He is obviously doing fine from an attitude and effort standpoint this year. These are young guys. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

How did that express itself?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How did that express itself?
His first stint, he was constantly engaged and fighting for pucks and just like a little heat-seaking missile out there. A short time after going down he just looked almost disinterested at times and wasn't nearly as involved as he was before. He wasn't pushing the play, it was like he was reactive and not proactive.

Of course, just like with the Kravtsov thing, this was just my impression of things, and may be incorrect. With Lias I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the staff being upset with him--it just looked like he was pouting to me, and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce