Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Here is the official Maine Mariners opening night lineup.
Maine Mariners – Connor LaCouvee, Tom McCollum, Josh Couturier, Zach Tolkinen, Scott Savage, Brandon Crawley, Johnny Coughlin, Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin, Jonathan Racine, Ryan Dmowski, Greg Chase, Dawson Leedahl, Michael McNicholas, Dillan Fox, Terrence Wallin, Jake Elmer, Nick Master, Taylor Cammarata, Lewis Zerter-Gossage, Alex Kile, Morgan Adams-Moisan
Reserve – Ty Ronning, Gabriel Sylvestre
Injured Reserve – Francois Brassard, Ryan Ferrill, Shawn McBride
ECHL announces Season-Opening Rosters

In my earlier post I forgot Jonathan Racine, an experienced defenseman who was signed recently by Maine. So Maine has 26 players, 21 on the opening night roster, 2 reserves and 3 on injured reserve.

Hard to see how Ronning being a reserve and not suiting up for the opening night is anything but a big problem for him.

Couldn't find a reference to this but am sure you are correct.

ECHL teams are allowed to have 21 players on their opening night rosters with 2 players placed in reserve for a total of 23. MARINERS CAPTAINS NAMED FOR 2019-20 SEASON - Maine Mariners
The current Mariner website still lists 25 players so we should soon hear of 2 more cuts and the two players on reserve, one of whom apparently is Ronning.

Maine has an affiliation with the Rangers/Wolfpack but also a secondary affiliation with Laval, the Montreal AHL team.

The 25 man roster breaks down as follows:

Rangers contracts (4) -- Crawley, Leedahl, Elmer, Ronning
Wolfpack contracts (6) -- McCollum, Tolkinen (Mariners Captain), McBride, Chase, Dmowski, Zerter-Gossage
Laval contracts (2) -- Lacouvee (goalie), Adams-Moison (forward)
Milwaukee contract (1) -- Savage (defenseman) alternate captain He played for Maine, which has his ECHL rights. He signed with Milwaukee but did not make the team and was sent to the ECHL where Maine exercised its rights to place him on its roster
Maine (12) -- Brassard (G), Coughlin (D), Kile (F), Wallin (F) alternate captain, Camarrata (F), Ferrell (F) all of whom started on Hartford's training camp roster
-- Crevier-Morin (D) alternate captain, Silvestre (D), Adams-Moison (F), McNichols (F) all of whom started on Laval's training camp roster
-- Fox (F) who started on Hershey's training camp roster
-- Master (F) who started on Lehigh Valley's training camp roster.

Because Maine has so many players it has cut several it signed over the summer and traded rookie Brett Supinski to Idaho for future considerations. It also declined to take two other Laval players who were sent to the ECHL. Maine Mariners hope to hit their stride in second season

This is much more than you will want to know about Maine. From a prospect point of view the players to focus on are the four Rangers players, the four Wolfpack non veteran players and perhaps Coughlin and Silvestre, who are rookie defensemen and Master who is a rookie forward. Everyone else has been in the ECHL before.

First game is tomorrow night.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Ronning having not played in the preseason and not in the season opener is questionable.

IIRC he went on reserve for a period last year and we didn't know why, and in fact he was injured. I don't really understand how the reserve/injured reserve systems work. So maybe he's injured? Maybe he's looking for a trade?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
well, same result, different year.

Adirondack dominates the Mariners going out to a 3-0 lead , Mariners respond with 2 Taylor Cammarata G, (ONE looked at by the new video replay system) but Adirondack finishes it off with 2 more and wins 5-2.

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Crawley -1 3 shots
Elmer -1 2 shots
Zerter Gossage 0 1 shot
Leedahl -1 1 shot
Dmowski scratch
Ronning Reserve List

well, same result, different year.

Adirondack dominates the Mariners going out to a 3-0 lead , Mariners respond with 2 Taylor Cammarata G, (ONE looked at by the new video replay system) but Adirondack finishes it off with 2 more and wins 5-2.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
CANTLON'S CORNER: PACK PREPARE FOR ANOTHER PAIR OF GAMES

Great read and a lot of quotes from the coach.

C4882589-F83B-4E95-B29A-13B12B50C67F.png

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sucks that Ronning isn't in. I had been saying since watching him last year that he doesn't look like an NHL prospect, to me, but you still root for him. No idea why he didn't play in the preseason game or the opener and why he's on reserve, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has asked for a trade. Guys with NHL ties (sons, brothers, nephews, etc.) always seem to use their connections to maneuver around when they feel they've hit a wall.

Of course, it could be an injury or something totally benign.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He could also very feasibly be considering leaving hockey.
Definitely a possibility. I would think he'd want a chance to stick in another organization first, but I know literally nothing about his personal preferences. If he has received harsh evaluations, he may see the writing on the wall and decide to pursue something else. What's his dad doing these days?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Definitely a possibility. I would think he'd want a chance to stick in another organization first, but I know literally nothing about his personal preferences. If he has received harsh evaluations, he may see the writing on the wall and decide to pursue something else. What's his dad doing these days?

I wonder how well he would perform at like the Allsvenskan lvl. I think teams are hesitant to acquire these type of guys, but they are seriously under scouted.

We get — from my POV a bit childish — debates on which leagues are the best etc. Facts are that the league’s and game are very different. Some ECHL players can be impact guys in the SHL and some good NHLers can’t even cut it in Allsvenskan. That are facts.

One very big difference is that in Europe you must be a good big ice skater while in NA you must be quicker with the starts and stops, have the intensity.

Reactions: nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pack win 3-1. Jones, DiGiuseppe and Chytil finished with a last second empty netter. Pack held Springfield to just 7 shots on goal over the first two periods. Springfield got 10 in the 3rd and Igor stood on his head to stop some of them.......but the Pack's D seems to be a lot better this year and a 3-0 start is very nice beginning for us.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chytil and Kravtsov should be in the NHL, but them being in Hartford is pushing their other players down in a healthy manner.

Listening to the radio feed---Kravtsov seems to be struggling a bit. Chytil took a couple or three long ones from the blueline but as the game went on he got better and better and had several really good shots and ended the night with 8 shots on goal. He was a factor and probably the Pack's best forward tonight all things considering.....he did make one big f***up in his defensive zone in the 3rd though that Igor bailed him out on.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hartford 3-0 Nice...Maybe we can see some playoffs this year for them. That would be nice for some of the younger players down there.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sucks to hear about Kravtsov. Was hoping after a week of not playing/being scratched he would come back tonight with some fire.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad