Hart 2015 Finalists

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
No player gets 'nominated' or put on the ballots. The voting is already over and compiled. The finalists are the top 3 votes getters plain and simple.

the ballots are based off what happens during the year. ovechkin and price were always gonna be on it. if you wanna say top votes, then fine but the top three are nearly always the award winners

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Does anyone know who, if anyone was in on more of his team's goals than Crosby? I think he was at 38%.

i could be wrong but ovechkin is probably higher, backstrom 18 goals and johannson 20 goals were right there for second on team with goals (brouwer was second with 21) plus all the pp goals go through ovechkin

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think price wins and he definatley deserves it.

But the big argument I can make for Tavares is that his level of play is so much higher than any of his teammates throughout the season. players in the top10 of points usually have a teammate not to far behind.
Tavares carries his team and franchise on his shoulders.

I'm proud of his nomination.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I think price wins and he definatley deserves it.

But the big argument I can make for Tavares is that his level of play is so much higher than any of his teammates throughout the season. players in the top10 of points usually have a teammate not to far behind.
Tavares carries his team and franchise on his shoulders.

I'm proud of his nomination.

but regardless of what you and I think, the media will go ovechkin second because its ovechkin. hes been there before. he is more popular. is it right? not really

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
the ballots are based off what happens during the year. ovechkin and price were always gonna be on it. if you wanna say top votes, then fine but the top three are nearly always the award winners

I think you misunderstood what I said. The winners are already decided. Those 3 finalists are not a final ballot on which players got chosen (Tavares) over others (Crosby, Benn).

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I think you misunderstood what I said. The winners are already decided. Those 3 finalists are not a final ballot on which players got chosen (Tavares) over others (Crosby, Benn).

oh haha i did misread :) sorry about that

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Me thinks Carey Price will be the the Hart Trophy winner. Montreal wouldn't even be a playoff team without him. And the last goaltender to win the Hart was Jose Theodore in 2002.

Yeah, and most Montreal fans wish their future's won't be the same!

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Price

50 feet of sunshine and rainbows

Tavares

100 feet of cumulus clouds

100 more feet of cumulus clouds

THE GROUND

Ovechkin

andrjusha

Mar 15, 2008
Fairfax, VA, USA

hercules130

Mar 24, 2015
since we already know carey price is gonna the hart and vezina,why have the other finalists attend

With the same logic, when there is an incredible movie released (think Titanic), why bother with the Oscars? Just send the trophies to James Cameron and be done with it.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Amazing how the West wins the Cup every year and yet doesn't even garner a single representative for the Hart.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Price is the one who deserves it but the writers love offensive spectacular plays (see Norris nominees) so I'm not 100% sure

That's what I'm thinking, Price deserves it most (not to say the other two don't) but Ovi has a strong case too and being Ovi.... You get the point. JT comes in 3rd methinks.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Amazing how the West wins the Cup every year and yet doesn't even garner a single representative for the Hart.

That's because most of the Western teams don't rely solely on one player as much as most Eastern teams do. They're more balanced than the team's the Hart Trophy nominees are representing. So in a way it helps being a star player on an average team if your sole interest is individual awards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad