Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i'm going to take a wild guess and say he is part of a trade package that is still being worked on.

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
i'm going to take a wild guess and say he is part of a trade package that is still being worked on.
Not implying the "WILD" are you? There are speculative rumors floating out there but not much substance as far as a source...Very strange he was basically told to stay home with your wife and skate on your own.. Hmmmm.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Not implying the "WILD" are you? There are speculative rumors floating out there but not much substance as far as a source...Very strange he was basically told to stay home with your wife and skate on your own.. Hmmmm.
thinking more like toronto, ottawa or edmonton. but if it's the wild, that would be funny.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds like they are working on a trade to me.

Reminder, Hak PROMOTED this guy to the 2nd line for a few weeks, just 2 months ago.

Note: let's just hope we get someone with less term or cap hit back. Could care less how bad they are, demote them. But a pending UFA or lesser cap hit is the goal. Actually getting someone better back would be a miracle.
After one good game and after saying that Sanheim-Gudas playing well for mutliple games didn't mean they deserved more time. :laugh:

What a stupid f*** he was.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe Fletcher is okay with packaging him with a pick (3rd rounder or so) just to get rid of him. He may want the cleanest cap roll slate possible for maximum maneuverability this summer.
A 3rd round pick to clear ~1.3M would be absolutely terrible. I wouldn't give up any asset just to get rid of him. Bury him in the AHL and deal with it for a year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
dsrfvVH.png

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think we will need to take a crappy contract back that will expire this year to move him. That's what this situations screams to me. Get out of the last year of his deal but we need to take some money back. I wonder what teams are looking to move an outdated 4th liner who can't play anymore.. any ideas?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think we will need to take a crappy contract back that will expire this year to move him. That's what this situations screams to me. Get out of the last year of his deal but we need to take some money back. I wonder what teams are looking to move an outdated 4th liner who can't play anymore.. any ideas?
The Blackhawks just got a positive return for Brandon Manning, so nothings impossible.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're trading for Kormorav and his remaining three years. Got to get tougher for Scott. :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I agree in theory, assuming he's far away from special teams. However, with Hak's overuse of him, and considering how long he's been here, I just can't stand seeing him anymore. I just want him gone at this point. It's sports PTSD.

Also, where the heck is Panarin and Kapanen in your lines next year? :sarcasm:

I understand completely about his misuse. I had thought of addressing that but what fun would a conversation be if I take the words out of others' mouths?

Panarin and Kapanen would be in the AHL. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Serenity, my friends. I can smell freshly-made jello over the horizon with this latest news. Then hopefully on to Jori Montana.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad