Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Weise seems like a genuinely nice guy. I don't know where the idea comes from that he's some kind of locker room cancer.

They just want his contract off the books. That's my feeling.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I tink the problem with Weise stems from a sequence, playing a regular role in Montreal, getting buried on the 4th line in Chicago, and signing here with the promise he'd get to play a top 9 role like in Montreal
2014-15: 79g 10-19 29 all at ES
2015-16: 56g 14-12 26, 10-9 at ES, prorates to 15-13 28 at ES, same as the previous year.
2015-16: 15g 0-1 1 9:57 a game in Chicago

So he comes here thinking he was signed to a similar role that he played in Montreal.
His first year here, he has his best possession metrics, 53.1 Corsi, E +/- 7.0 but only 13 points.
Then his role shrunk. Other than a few weeks with Couts, he got stuck with bad centers most of his time here.

I think this was a miscalculation by Hextall, Weise wasn't really skilled enough to be more than a marginal 3rd line RW, on a team with TK, Voracek and Simmonds, out of place at LW, but lacking the mentality of a 4th line energy guy (and overpaid for the role). He can play physical, but never played up to his size, has some speed, but doesn't fly around with his pants on fire.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What’s the gist of it ?

Just basically a character attack with nothing of substance to back it up. Made it sound like Boruk had something personal against him.

For example:
That all changed when Scott Gordon replaced Hakstol. Weise was relegated to a fourth-line checking role, which, let’s just say, he refused to embrace. In recent games at Washington and last Saturday in New Jersey, Weise played a combined 20:38 with a whole lot of nothing — no shots, no hits, no blocks and, quite frankly, no interest.

Equating poor quality of play to not trying. Shocking that a player averaging 10 minutes per game on the 4th line didn't produce much and acting as if no hits or blocks means anything.

To make matters worse was Patrick’s disturbing admission: “He was really good at helping me stay positive through the slump and when everything wasn't going well. He's by far the best teammate I've ever had."

The best teammate he’s ever had?

If Weise was this incredible teammate, then he would have spent the past two seasons leading by example on the ice as the hardest-working player on the team, and not tell a teammate all the cushy things he wants to hear when things aren’t going so well.

As if giving encouragement to a young player is a bad thing. The same guy who took Hart in on Xmas. As if his poor play on the ice means he can't be a good guy off the ice.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just basically a character attack with nothing of substance to back it up. Made it sound like Boruk had something personal against him.

For example:

Equating poor quality of play to not trying. Shocking that a player averaging 10 minutes per game on the 4th line didn't produce much and acting as if no hits or blocks means anything.

As if giving encouragement to a young player is a bad thing. The same guy who took Hart in on Xmas. As if his poor play on the ice means he can't be a good guy off the ice.

That second part is pure trash

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's very possible for Weise to be a good teammate and mentor yet be discontented because he thought he was mislead when he signed here - and to not be able to play a major role on a losing team is doubly irritating.

Whether he deserves to be in the top 9 is one question, whether he signed with the understanding that he'd be used as a top 9 forward and feels betrayed is another.

Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If he has been b***hing about his playing time, or usage, or anything else, then I retract my earlier statement about it not being cool to leave him at home. He is a total non-event of a hockey player with an event horizon face, though I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with anything, so don't @ me.

Well, seeing as there's been nothing about this from anyone other than this singular piece of human garbage, I doubt that's the case.

At the very least, we have no reason to believe it at this time and I'd believe someone reading tea leaves before I trust a word out of Boruks mouth.

Seriously, if I actively tried to gather the biggest group of ignorant idiots I could find, I couldn't possibly hope to match the team that NBCSP has assembled for the Flyers. Not a single decent person in the bunch, save for Taryn.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's very possible for Weise to be a good teammate and mentor yet be discontented because he thought he was mislead when he signed here - and to not be able to play a major role on a losing team is doubly irritating.

Whether he deserves to be in the top 9 is one question, whether he signed with the understanding that he'd be used as a top 9 forward and feels betrayed is another.
Well, the guy who may have told him he'd be a top 9 player is gone now. The coach that liked him is gone too. There is no assurance anymore. Every player has to fight for his spot. Weise should know that.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Seriously, dude has to have Hapsberg blood in his lineage.

View attachment 176335

Resemblance is uncanny.

tumblr_ndic8tNpcm1tctm09o1_1280.jpg

Painting source: Flemish School (c. 1515) - Emperor Charles V (1500-58)

The infamous "Habsburg jaw" is apparently the result of inbreeding: How Incest Caused The Deformities And Downfall Of One Of Europe's Most Powerful Royal Families
...the Habsburg jaw and the debilitating costs of rampant, decades-long incest among Europe's most powerful royal families.

It gets better. There are theories about an extra-terrestrial aspect to the look:

By admittedly flawed memory, the Habsburg (also Hapsburg) monarchy ruled east central Europe around the 16th and 17th centuries AD.

Habsburgs are invariably recognized by their insanely prominent chins, narrow faces, and passionate love for a stew made with sauerkraut, garlic, potatoes, caraway seeds, and mice.

(...)

There is a renegade theory that the DNA quirks associated with peculiar facial abnormalities of the Habsburgs, was actually introduced by mating with extraterrestrials.

Clearly, there is no preponderance of evidence to support this, and it is generally accepted in anthropological circles that the keen resemblance to primitive cave drawings depicting long chinned "star visitors" is merely coincidental.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I 100% buy the extraterrestrial influence, but when people say "Habsburg" instead of "Hapsburg," I feel like I am about to have a stroke.

"We" are spelling it with "b" here just like any German speaking country in Europe, so you can imagine my surprise when I first found out they are actually called "Hapsburg" somewhere.. made no sense to me :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

For example:

I have no problem with that first paragraph because the effort actually was not there to me with Weise.

The bottom paragraph is very unprofessional of Boruk though. What a meathead.

Reactions: Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"We" are spelling it with "b" here just like any German speaking country in Europe, so you can imagine my surprise when I first found out they are actually called "Hapsburg" somewhere.. made no sense to me :laugh:

I have no problem with that being the official, or correct way to say it - it's just that it was never pronounced that way when I was in school - not ever, not once lol

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I have no problem with that being the official, or correct way to say it - it's just that it was never pronounced that way when I was in school - not ever, not once lol

Our pronounciation is closer to the "p" anyway too, I was just surprised :laugh:

To get back on topic of Dale Weise, here is another jaw from his dynasty

25821-004-406EA3F6.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

For example:

Karma is a wonderful thing. These clowns don’t realize these guys have a life away from the game. There is no accountability with these jackasses

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->