Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Is it possible the Finnish police mixed up Weise and Lehtera?

Jori Pablo Escobar is certainly a useless piece of shit slug but at least for his sake he doesn't have a horse's ass for a face.

Both should be taken to the dog food factory for....a tour :naughty:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Go home and pack your stuff

b5d694b238597b78d62e5885e517dd7ebed868aer1-250-271_128.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Sounds like they are working on a trade to me.

Reminder, Hak PROMOTED this guy to the 2nd line for a few weeks, just 2 months ago.

Note: let's just hope we get someone with less term or cap hit back. Could care less how bad they are, demote them. But a pending UFA or lesser cap hit is the goal. Actually getting someone better back would be a miracle.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Sounds like they are working on a trade to me.

Reminder, Hak PROMOTED this guy to the 2nd line for a few weeks, just 2 months ago.
he had no place on that 2nd line but he did have a couple of good games

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Now we can try playing the sleuth game. If it was Montreal, he’d probably have gone with the team. The mystery team didn’t claim him, so either they needed the retention, have a full roster and need to send him to the AHL, or both.

Anyone have any thoughts who might want him?

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Maybe Fletcher is okay with packaging him with a pick (3rd rounder or so) just to get rid of him. He may want the cleanest cap roll slate possible for maximum maneuverability this summer.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My unpopular opinion is that I'm okay with Weise as Forward #12-13 on this squad in 2019-20 after Lehtera is gone, Simmonds and Raffl have been traded, and some prospects crack the lineup. He seemed to start doing this season what he was brought in to do, which is be a big-bodied bottom-6 forward with some scoring touch (okay, not so much) and decent all-around play.

Giroux – Couturier – Konecny
Lindblom – Patrick – Voracek
van Riemsdyk – Frost / Vorobyev / someone else – Aube-Kubel
Laughton – Knight / Vorobyev – Rubtsov / Weise / Allison / etc.

Have someone like Weise as the designated F sitter, and getting a game every 4-5 wouldn't be a bad thing.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Wow, so instead of getting claimed on waivers the Flyers might actually get something for him. It wouldn't be the first time a guy cleared waivers only to be traded soon there after. I wonder if Fletcher could actually get a pick for him if he retained some of his salary #WeiseWatch

Reactions: DaphneLion

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Maybe Fletcher is okay with packaging him with a pick (3rd rounder or so) just to get rid of him. He may want the cleanest cap roll slate possible for maximum maneuverability this summer.
They don't need the cap space that bad. My guess is they trade him and a 7th for a 5th, or retain some salary and just get a 5th or 6th.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Now we can try playing the sleuth game. If it was Montreal, he’d probably have gone with the team. The mystery team didn’t claim him, so either they needed the retention, have a full roster and need to send him to the AHL, or both.

Anyone have any thoughts who might want him?

Just to follow up on this line of thought, here's the list of teams (not counting us and Montreal) who have 23 man rosters and at least one open contract slot, sorted from least to most projected cap space on CapFriendly:

DET, WAS, ANA, EDM, LA, PIT, STL, SJ, NYR, TBL, FLA, BUF, VGK, BOS, WPG, NSH, VAN, NYI, NJ

Looking at this, my top 5 guesses are Anaheim (b/c Murray), Edmonton (lol Chia), Vegas, SJ (for no real reason, just a hunch), and Nashville.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
My unpopular opinion is that I'm okay with Weise as Forward #12-13 on this squad in 2019-20 after Lehtera is gone, Simmonds and Raffl have been traded, and some prospects crack the lineup. He seemed to start doing this season what he was brought in to do, which is be a big-bodied bottom-6 forward with some scoring touch (okay, not so much) and decent all-around play.

Giroux – Couturier – Konecny
Lindblom – Patrick – Voracek
van Riemsdyk – Frost / Vorobyev / someone else – Aube-Kubel
Laughton – Knight / Vorobyev – Rubtsov / Weise / Allison / etc.

Have someone like Weise as the designated F sitter, and getting a game every 4-5 wouldn't be a bad thing.

I agree in theory, assuming he's far away from special teams. However, with Hak's overuse of him, and considering how long he's been here, I just can't stand seeing him anymore. I just want him gone at this point. It's sports PTSD.

Also, where the heck is Panarin and Kapanen in your lines next year? :sarcasm:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They aren't going to waive him, not re-assign him, and tell him not to travel with the team unless they are planning to trade him. Ladies and gentlemen, looks like the Dale Weise era in Philly is coming to an end soon #WeiseWatch

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They aren't going to waive him, not re-assign him, and tell him not to travel with the team unless they are planning to trade him. Ladies and gentlemen, looks like the Dale Weise era in Philly is coming to an end soon #WeiseWatch
And for sure we will be getting a contract back. That's almost always how these things shake out.

But as long as it's cheaper or with less term, who cares who it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad