Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dale Weise rides again.

c51b4072a8ecd58a47f867334f1db802.gif

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Of course there was a reason. I am pretty confident Fletcher wanted to give another team a chance to claim Weise. They didn't so status quo. It was worth a chance.
I always wonder what's going through the mind of a player that's put on waivers. Those 24 hours must feel very long.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think there’s like a 30 day window now with Weise where he can be sent up & down to the minors without the waiver process. That could be something that interested another team.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think there’s like a 30 day window now with Weise where he can be sent up & down to the minors without the waiver process. That could be something that interested another team.
Well like EE said, it could mean a trade is on the way and they want to sent back a contract or some cap.

With 1 game left then a weak off, hopefully we come back as a team with a few new pieces.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Would not be surprised if he gets traded for another player with a bad contract.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
maybe weiese requested to be put on wavers, hoping another team would claim him. after the hot mic thing and, him getting scratched for superfly juri.i could see him asking to go to another team.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Or maybe Fletcher just sucks and has no plan. There's no reason for the Flyers to take back bad contracts anymore.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Or maybe Fletcher just sucks and has no plan. There's no reason for the Flyers to take back bad contracts anymore.

Only thing that makes sense to me would be a pending UFA that comes off the books at year's end. Although, those moves are the typically made in the off season, so I got nothing.

I would imagine that Fletch has a plan, I just wish I knew what it was. This do nothing approach is frustrating. It's entirely possible that Fletch wants to tank. We have players that could make this team better TODAY.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Only thing that makes sense to me would be a pending UFA that comes off the books at year's end. Although, those moves are the typically made in the off season, so I got nothing.

I would imagine that Fletch has a plan, I just wish I knew what it was. This do nothing approach is frustrating. It's entirely possible that Fletch wants to tank. We have players that could make this team better TODAY.
and as we have said are in a period where we need to evaluate some of the potential talent. I do suspect things will start to move soon. Trades are picking up around the league and he should be able to offload the guys he wants to a few weeks before the deadline itself. It is frustrating to still be rolling out Varone, AMac, Raffl, etc.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
He should absolutely be looking to take back salary and contracts (preferably short term) if the return is good enough.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He should absolutely be looking to take back salary and contracts (preferably short term) if the return is good enough.

Expiring contracts maybe. Contracts that extend into next year? No freaking way. The big-name UFAs are too good this year, and we should be in on all of them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Signing FAs isn't dependent on cap room the next year or two, but projected cap room 3-6 years out.
So taking back some short-term money won't impact FA decisions, especially with Lehtera, Raffl and Simmonds coming off the books ($10+M).

I doubt we sign more than one big FA in any case, both because we need to save cap room down the road and competition is fierce for the top FAs.
Unless of course we move Voracek or JVR and get their contracts off the books.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
hopefully his plan is to sell Simmonds cheap....with the caveat that team must take Weise and/or Farmer.

I'd take it at this point.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
hopefully his plan is to sell Simmonds cheap....with the caveat that team must take Weisse, Lehtera, and/or Farmer.

I'd take it at this point.
Why? We don't need cap space. The worst thing we could do is attach one of those contracts and get lesser value for Simmonds. Plus Lehtera is off the books after this season.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Expiring contracts maybe. Contracts that extend into next year? No freaking way. The big-name UFAs are too good this year, and we should be in on all of them.
Noted. Just saying that we have the flexibility to take on salary this year (and retain salary) and could in the future depending on who is moved. They should be fine for next season as well, even without moving on from AMac this summer. They've never had this much cap flexibility and should capitalize on it with their budget as big as it is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cap room is an asset and should be used.
Especially when making TDL trades, where a number of playoff teams are close to the cap and need help fitting an addition, taking back a bad salary can sweeten a deal.
Knock Lehtera all you want, but getting Farabee and Frost for B Schenn is worth living with him for two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad