GDT: Happy New Year! Now Can We Finally Beat These Guys? OKC @ Houston, Tue. 1/1 4PM MDT

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
You mean, something other than blindingly optimistic?! :scared:

It's unlikely it'll amount to anything. Just thought it was relevant information.

Dat Schultz... any points of note yet?

Speaking of defencemen speaking, Deck's looked pretty good in his limited look so far.

He just means since it is weirdly written, it sounds like the Oilers are flying to Edmonton after the game, which isn't the case.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
After 2 periods... 2-2. 24 shots for OKC, 19 shots for the Aeros. Zucker and Coyle, Ebs with goals.

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
He just means since it is weirdly written, it sounds like the Oilers are flying to Edmonton after the game, which isn't the case.

Yeah - I noticed that after :cry:

I blame the writing. And the time. Lockout. Sadness. General amounts of sadness.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Wish I could be watching this. I think it's great that our studs have made Arcobello over a PPG. It's nice to see he's able to hold his own with them, and not be a complete turnover machine in the offensive zone a la Horcoff.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
If there are any Minny fans lurking...Coyle has impressed me every game we have played, does everything for you guys and does it well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Arcobello might just be strong and tenacious enough to replace Gagner, I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but he seems to think the game at a high level, takes and dishes hits pretty well, etc. I wouldn't consider him a permanent fit for the 2C position, but if he could give us a year or two and we could get something useful for Gagner then I'd consider it.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Wish I could be watching this. I think it's great that our studs have made Arcobello over a PPG. It's nice to see he's able to hold his own with them, and not be a complete turnover machine in the offensive zone a la Horcoff.

2 assists again so far today, he has become an assist machine with Hall and Ebs (wouldn't expect any less).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If there are any Minny fans lurking...Coyle has impressed me every game we have played, does everything for you guys and does it well.

IMO he was quiet in a few of our middle match-ups (say game 3 and 4 for the sake of discussion) but really solid in most. Zucker IMO has really been a standout.

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Listening to the radio about the "Canadian passion"... No Major Lacrosse franchises in Canada...?! I thought the NLL was the highest level of lacrosse... I could be wrong...

Also, lurking Minny fans, jealous of Zucker.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Listening to the radio about the "Canadian passion"... No Major Lacrosse franchises in Canada...?! I thought the NLL was the highest level of lacrosse... I could be wrong...

Also, lurking Minny fans, jealous of Zucker.

Pretty sure it is to, but it is kind of surprising that Lacrosse is really a dying sport in Canada. Barely any high school and University teams anymore.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
IMO he was quiet in a few of our middle match-ups (say game 3 and 4 for the sake of discussion) but really solid in most. Zucker IMO has really been a standout.

Zucker has definitely been good. He actually reminds me a lot of Omark (not a bad thing Omark is a good player). There is just something about the game Coyle plays that is impressive as hell. Zucker shoots a lot and gets more chances in the offensive zone though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Arcobello might just be strong and tenacious enough to replace Gagner, I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but he seems to think the game at a high level, takes and dishes hits pretty well, etc. I wouldn't consider him a permanent fit for the 2C position, but if he could give us a year or two and we could get something useful for Gagner then I'd consider it.

No way, he would killed at the NHL level IMO.
Swapping Gagner for Arcobello is a step back.

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

As much as I love Arcobello, I agree.

Arcobello? Has done less in lesser leagues and is a year older.
Gagner? A year younger, has been pretty damn good.

That being said, he should get a look. don't force his hand by making Gagner leave.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Aeros flat out have our number. I'd be very surprised if we pull a win out. It looked like early that this might be our game to lose, so much for that.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
The Aeros flat out have our number. I'd be very surprised if we pull a win out. It looked like early that this might be our game to lose, so much for that.

The baby Wild just find a way to win or keep it close every game against us. Its some law of the universe, just like Eberle and his shooting %

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
The Aeros have enough skill and grit spread evenly thoughout their line up with a nice bit of both in many of their players. Our players have one or the other, almost never both, and sometimes neither. Hall might be the only exception there but you can't just have one guy like that. It's a serious problem that concerns me deeply if this team ever expects to go anywhere near the cup.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

He's stronger on his skates than Gagner is or at least comparable so I don't buy the "he'd get killed" BS. The biggest differences between the AHL and NHL are speed and skill, player strength is VERY comparable between the two leagues.

Lowe in Oil

Aug 29, 2006
Montreal
He's stronger on his skates than Gagner is or at least comparable so I don't buy the "he'd get killed" BS. The biggest differences between the AHL and NHL are speed and skill, player strength is VERY comparable between the two leagues.

Are you saying Acrobello > Gagner?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've seen enough to know that I am not a fan of the Barons coaching staff, 5 consecutive losses to the same team at this level with the players that we have = completely unacceptable. Pair that with the complete lack of progress from Pitlick, Hamilton, and Teubert this season and I must admit that I am very underwhelmed by our coaching down there. If the NHL starts up and those players don't find themselves by year end I'm none too pleased if I am Tambellini.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad