GDT: Happy New Year! Now Can We Finally Beat These Guys? OKC @ Houston, Tue. 1/1 4PM MDT

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Its not by any means accidental.

Its one org stressing system hockey and players HAVING to buy into systems and another hoping to get by on individual talents alone.

In a team sport guess which wins almost every time?

Absolutely. I'm just concerned with two things, aside from the coaching that is, 1) the defense - which is still green, has no depth, and guys like Plante and Teubert who were both first round picks look to be dead in the water in terms of development and 2) depth forwards/later round picks, specifically Hamilton, Pitlick and Lander, and even MPS to a degree even though he's put a valiant effort in adapting his game.

They're just too young and have a lot of guys who are struggling for long stretches... the AHL overall is a pretty good league, many teams have NHL caliber prospects and tweeners/plugs playing there. But it starts and ends with the defense, anytime you have a 22 year old rookie as your #1 anchor by a longshot, you're in trouble.

I think Nelson has trouble adjusting game plans and may be a bit slow to react or try things... he seems like a bit of a doofus in general but I don't think he's the whole problem. It's a different situation, different roster this season. Have to let him have this season and probably even one more barring a major collapse.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Remember when many of these names (especially the two bolded ones) were getting penciled into everyone's "oil of the future" second line?

Good times.

Pitlick after a decent start to the season has fallen off the map and Paajarvi has a long ways to go to be considered top 6 material. Both players likely benefit immensely from the lockout ending so that they get more minutes and a bigger role in OKC or in Pitlick's case maybe Stockton for a little while.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
sad to say I was late to the party here... Love the win by my boys in Houston but I love the chatter on your boards the most. You guys make me laugh :D truly this will become a great rivalry for the next decade and the think with realignment the Wild and Jets could spawn into something great as well.

Zooker (Zucker) is playing well and he sure likes playing OKC .... Coyle sure does look the part of the everyday NHLer.

I can't believe that Eberle is still going strong, I mean will the kid cool off at any point. Whew.

Cheers amigo's

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
sad to say I was late to the party here... Love the win by my boys in Houston but I love the chatter on your boards the most. You guys make me laugh :D truly this will become a great rivalry for the next decade and the think with realignment the Wild and Jets could spawn into something great as well.

Zooker (Zucker) is playing well and he sure likes playing OKC .... Coyle sure does look the part of the everyday NHLer.

I can't believe that Eberle is still going strong, I mean will the kid cool off at any point. Whew.

Cheers amigo's

You guys can win all that you want at the AHL level as long as we end up having your number at the NHL level :p: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad