GDT: Happy New Year! Now Can We Finally Beat These Guys? OKC @ Houston, Tue. 1/1 4PM MDT

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
large.png
@
large.png

BARONS: 17-10-1-3 VS AEROS: 16-10-2-3

[fieldset=Game Info]Game Day: Tuesday January 1st 2013
Game Time: 4:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Season Series]
Date | Location | Result
10/26|OKC| 6-4 Houston
11/2|OKC| 4-3 OKC
11/3|OKC| 4-3 SO Houston
11/29|Houston| 2-1 SO Houston
11/30|Houston| 4-3 Houston
12/16|Houston| 4-3 SO Houston
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Lineups]BARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hall #22-Arcobello #26-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Hartikainen #10
Hamilton #13-Green #12-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-House #21-Lizon #36

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Marincin #28-Plante #4

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: D Henry #39

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Suspended: C Vande Velde #29 (1 more game left), W Pelss #23

Reassigned To Stockton: C Martindale #17, W Cornet #15

AEROS:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Jordan Eberle has been red hot of late. In his last 16 games he has scored 17 goals and added 11 assists.

AEROS TO WATCH: Jason Zucker always seems to be a difference maker for the Aeros when these 2 clubs meet, 28 of Zucker's 96 shots on goal have come against in just 4 games against the Barons inluding a 13 and 9 shots on goal games. Zucker also has 5 points in those 4 games (3-2-5).
Mikael Granlund is another Aeros player that seems to have a field day against the Barons with 3-1-4 and 11 shots on goal in 3 meetings with the Barons.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 2 as in the number of hattricks Jordan Eberle has scored in his pro career. Both of them were in December.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"He usually bugs me in the room if I have 2, he says I'm going to get a hattrick which usually jinxes it"-Jordan Eberle on teammate Taylor Hall giving him a hard time about never scoring a pro hattrick prior to his first career hatty[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Aeros
Games|31|31
Points|38|37
Wins|17|16
GF|105|95
GA|91|89
Power Play %|24.8 (1st)|20.1 (5th)
Penalty Kill %|79.6 (29th)|80.6 (23rd)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Aeros
GOALS: |Eberle (23)|Zucker (13)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (28)|Connelly (18)
+/-: |Eberle (+16)|McIntyre (+15)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
So here is a question worth discussing.... If the league and players reach an agreement and we do get a season, could Justin Schultz win the AHL and NHL rookie of the year in the same season? If a deal were to get done, I could still see him getting in the next 4 games before it is finalized. Assuming at his current clip he puts up 5 pts in those 4 games, he'd finish with 50pts in 35 games. Is 35 games enough to qualify? I would have to think 50pts from a rookie Dman in a full season would likely be good enough for rookie of the year. For the sheer impressiveness of the feat should he not get consideration, or do you guys think the AHL may be more interested in handing it out to someone who is there the whole season?

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
So here is a question worth discussing.... If the league and players reach an agreement and we do get a season, could Justin Schultz win the AHL and NHL rookie of the year in the same season? If a deal were to get done, I could still see him getting in the next 4 games before it is finalized. Assuming at his current clip he puts up 5 pts in those 4 games, he'd finish with 50pts in 35 games. Is 35 games enough to qualify? I would have to think 50pts from a rookie Dman in a full season would likely be good enough for rookie of the year. For the sheer impressiveness of the feat should he not get consideration, or do you guys think the AHL may be more interested in handing it out to someone who is there the whole season?

I would assume they would give it to someone who was there the whole season. I could be wrong. If I am, Schultz would probably have to be in talks.

Also, go away mini wild.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

I'd tell Schultz he get called up only when he breaks the defenseman goalscoring record. :sarcasm:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'd tell Schultz he get called up only when he breaks the defenseman goalscoring record. :sarcasm:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Ebs and Hall should do what the Nucks did to Sedin...just keep feeding him the puck to get points/goals haha

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton

Schultz should break the record; drop his gloves, stick, and helmet; skate straight to the dressing room; and leave the rink.

A Ted Williams style AHL retirement would only be fitting. :sarcasm:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Would be interesting to see which Barons would make it to the big club if there is a season.
Arcobello has played very well with Hall and Eberle. Could see him getting at least a few games in the big show.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Would be interesting to see which Barons would make it to the big club if there is a season.
Arcobello has played very well with Hall and Eberle. Could see him getting at least a few games in the big show.

He is playing well. However he won't get any chances with us unless there is an injury in the top 6 and maybe not even then. He won't be called up for a bottom 6 role (VV will though and that would be good). Arco needs to play a top 6 scoring role and I don't see him getting that opportunity here any time soon.

In saying all that I think he deserves a shot somewhere.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
If Gagner and Horcoff both get hurt I could see Arcobello getting called up.

That's what it would take. 2 of our centers getting hurt. If gags or RNH gets hurt then Horc moves up and VV gets called up...or something along those lines. Which is why I don't see him getting much of an opportunity here even with the infamous injury bug.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
As we found out during the last game...

2zswmfr.jpg

0 Shots 3 Goals :yo:

...Alex Plante sneaks in there with 2 PIMs

Last edited:

Calamus

Sep 1, 2008
If you're on the fence about paying for the stream, it is actually very high quality today IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad