Speculation: Hansen wants out

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Hansen would be lucky to get an nhl contract next year. He’s awful at this point. I’m guessing he’ll go to Europe and play somewhere.
He may get a shot to return to Vancouver. He would fit in better than a guy like Brendan Gaunce. Can play up and down the lineup. His speed and tenacious checking would be a welcomed return to Vancouver. Even if his production has dipped he could return to 3rd or 4th line duties alongside Sutter and possibly Motte or Granlund. I see very little stopping him from returning unless Jim feels its not worth bringing him back.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Nick fan here would love him back on our 4th line, / minor leadership role. A lot of us polled for him as a shark. Sad it didn’t work out. No doubt in my mind he can still be a solid 4th liner occasional 3rd line duty for any team.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I can't see him and Edmonton not coming together. There's a spot next to Connor McDavid and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins that he'd have a good shot at winning. His competition is Ty Rattie.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Hansen is a good player. I don't know what the Sharks shitty coach did to him but he's definitely worth taking a shot on...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Oilers need good depth players like him. Especially for his PK abilities (We suck at special teams)

We have a lot of borderline NHL wingers on the team like Aberg, Cagiula, Rattie so opportunity could be there.

Only one top9 RW spot available though as Yammamoto and Pulju will both be top9 RWs on the club next season.
Highly doubt that, Rattie will be on McDavid's wing before either of those 2 get a chance there.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he gets a good contract with another team and becomes the steal of the free agency. That or he heads to Europe.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'd very much like Hansen back in Vancouver. The team has changed, but we have had need of what he brought since the Burrows and his own trade sent our our veteran two way wingers. Come on home Jannik!

You guys want Burrows back too?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
That’s quite a wishlist.

Ahaha indeed.

Admittedly I still have a want for a couple Finns on the team to help Puljujarvi. But this team needs an overhaul on its bottom 6 and PK'ers. Adding those guys fixes those massive issues.

RNH-McDavid-_***_
Lucic-Draisaitl-_***_
Filppula-Strome-Puljujarvi
Komarov-Kharia-Kassian

With those RW positions being filled by Rattie, Aberg, Slepyshev, Hansen, or even Strome if you move Filppula to centre.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
One thing rarely talked about since Hansen left is his last altercation with Kadri which left him with a separated shoulder I believe, either way since that injury he’s never been the same, he was traded not long after that.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He likely gets a nhl job if he wants, but anything more than 1 year 1.5 million is unlikely.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Does he still have a year left? How much is he being paid? I would like him in Vancouver but I'd rather just wait a year.

2.5 million next year, but I think he gets bought out. I mean, the guy is done as an nhl player. He’s awful. I’d be surprised if he even got a PTO.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers need good depth players like him. Especially for his PK abilities (We suck at special teams)

We have a lot of borderline NHL wingers on the team like Aberg, Cagiula, Rattie so opportunity could be there.

Only one top9 RW spot available though as Yammamoto and Pulju will both be top9 RWs on the club next season.
Another Jokinen experiment...

Is Hansen even an upgrade over Jokinen of 2yrs ago?

Chia needs to aim higher

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I'd like Ducks to sign him. I'd think he can replace Silf with Cogs-Kes and allow Silf to either play with Henrique/Getz in a more offensive role, or get traded in a package for an upgrade at F.

member 105785

2.5 million next year, but I think he gets bought out. I mean, the guy is done as an nhl player. He’s awful. I’d be surprised if he even got a PTO.

Canucks notably give out a lot of PTOs, they also gave Brendan Morrison a PTO in 2010, he then went on to play a few more years afterwards for other teams, wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with Burrows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad