Speculation: Hansen wants out

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
He's a free agent so he can do whatever. DeBoer didnt like the guy for whatever reason, thought he played well in the 2nd half of this year but brought nothing last season

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hansen would be lucky to get an nhl contract next year. He’s awful at this point. I’m guessing he’ll go to Europe and play somewhere.
He is a UFA. Guessing he will sign in the nhl. But his stint in SJ cost him a lot of money. Instead of being a 32 year old getting a 4 year deal, he will have to settle for a 2 year deal. Don’t see him getting a raise.

Odd how it played out for Hansen in SJ.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Ya, I dunno what it is with Pete DeBoer and Hansen. They’ve had bad blood for most of the season. There was an article a number of months back were Hansen complained about how the organization treated his family. Looks like things never improved. Boedker and Heed have had a rough go of it as well.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
It's a little comical how much of a dud his trade has become- he never got a chance/put it together in San Jose, and Goldobin is entering a make it or break it year.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
It’s so sad for me to see Hansen crap out on San Jose. He was the perfect third forward on the Canucks, fast, smart, amazing on the forecheck, great defensively with a bit of offence as well. I have no idea why he’s been so bad for them as I don’t watch many SJS games. Only thing I’ve noticed is that they’ve played him on LW when he’s always been a RW for us.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd very much like Hansen back in Vancouver. The team has changed, but we have had need of what he brought since the Burrows and his own trade sent our our veteran two way wingers. Come on home Jannik!

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers need good depth players like him. Especially for his PK abilities (We suck at special teams)

We have a lot of borderline NHL wingers on the team like Aberg, Cagiula, Rattie so opportunity could be there.

Only one top9 RW spot available though as Yammamoto and Pulju will both be top9 RWs on the club next season.

Reactions: TFHockey

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No one would blame the guy given the way things went down here. He's probably a good 4th liner somewhere and probably for cheap since he'll have to prove himself again. He was better than a couple guys that they had played over him this season but that tends to happen when coaches play favorites.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Deboer really had it out for Jannik. He was much better than Melker Karlsson and Joel Ward and couldn’t crack the lineup over either

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I could see the Flames looking at him for their 3rd line RW slot. Might fit will with Jankowski and Bennett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad