Sportsnet: Hanifin drawing attention

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It was frequently discussed that VO for a Calgary dman made sense for exactly that reason, but I always felt like it was because his goal scoring made him a player we could fleece Calgary with, not because Calgary would be a better team.

His shot is something else though. A shot like OV, a game like Brad Boyes. If 13 is what you’re in the market for he’s a fine guy to toss into the deal. You’ll probably be miserable watching VO playing top 6 minutes.

You would need to really be happy with Hanafin for 13 because VO isn’t a ton of value and imo is not of relevant value in a hanafin trade.
I think a mid 1st + 2nd + ok roster player is what we should be expecting for hanifin. ollafsson will be very interesting since we havnt had a top notch shooter since prob iginla lol.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I don't think we will ever be glad to have Kadri or Huberdeau.

Of course I'd do the Leafs trade you propose. I just don't see a universe where they would. Marner gets crapped on constantly but he's a PPG guy who plays 2 way hockey on any team in the league. He can be a 100 point guy with the right finisher.
Which is why I want him , I agree with the Hubi deal but who's s going to be dumb enough to take him ? Kadri is the Calgary whipping boy right now , 7m is second and third line money in today's NHL , go through the list of guys making 7 and find 10 guys that you would rather have in the playoffs . Look at the guys who will start this season making 8+ and do the same .Would you rather have Willy Melander who is making 6.96 AAV this year and expecting 8+ on his extension or Naz ? Do you really think Nylander gets his thumb shattered , has surgery and comes back to destroy St Louis in one game and score multiple clutch goals with his hand in a cast that prevents him from tying his own skates ? NFW , Kadri's deal is right on the money , last year was an outlier for the whole team and every Flame should be evaluated by ignoring last year's stats except Markstrom .

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Which is why I want him , I agree with the Hubi deal but who's s going to be dumb enough to take him ? Kadri is the Calgary whipping boy right now , 7m is second and third line money in today's NHL , go through the list of guys making 7 and find 10 guys that you would rather have in the playoffs . Look at the guys who will start this season making 8+ and do the same .Would you rather have Willy Melander who is making 6.96 AAV this year and expecting 8+ on his extension or Naz ? Do you really think Nylander gets his thumb shattered , has surgery and comes back to destroy St Louis in one game and score multiple clutch goals with his hand in a cast that prevents him from tying his own skates ? NFW , Kadri's deal is right on the money , last year was an outlier for the whole team and every Flame should be evaluated by ignoring last year's stats except Markstrom .
I'd rather have Nylander all day every day. Not close for me. Kadri's effort level last season was pathetic. His defensive work was atrocious. I was expecting solid 2 way work and 60 points. We got close on the points, but he's the worst defensive center I've seen in Calgary since Marc Savard in the young guns era.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
We have the C and D they need. Just don't know how it works out well for us. The pieces they'd want to unload aren't pieces we need.

Nothing from DeBrusk, Lysell, Lorhei is of interest? The picks prospects returned from Ullmark? IF DeBrusk would want to stay in Calgary, if seems like him + a nice futures piece isn't crazy? But maybe I misunderstand Calgary's needs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Nothing from DeBrusk, Lysell, Lorhei is of interest? The picks prospects returned from Ullmark? IF DeBrusk would want to stay in Calgary, if seems like him + a nice futures piece isn't crazy? But maybe I misunderstand Calgary's needs.
There is zero chance a kid who cheered for the Oilers growing up, whose dad played for the Oilers and currently works for the Oilers is interested in being a Calgary Flame. This is coming from someone who knew Jake casually when he was in Swift. He hated the Flames. Now, it could be 8 years of life has changed his perspective, but I doubt he has any interest in signing here.

I like the player and person. He had a good reputation as a young kid. Just not the place he'd want to be.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad