Sportsnet: Hanifin drawing attention

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why? He not good?
Man hates him. Tbh it’s a bit irrational how far he takes it.

Hanifin is fine. He just isn’t flashy like kylington or as good an all around dman as say Weegar, but he’s fine.

What? He’s been a top D in the league for 3 years in a row?
Now this is not true either. Fringe top 60, I see him as a solid #3 imo.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Hanifin is fine. He just isn’t flashy like kylington or as good an all around dman as say Weegar, but he’s fine.

He's been top 20 analytically for 3 straight years now. Top 10 in 2 of those 3 years. The notion that he's a #3 is frankly ridiculous.

Bond

May 10, 2012

I think he is a #2 and the Flames D looks thin without him.

Reactions: Conbon

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Why? He not good?
He’s been given every opportunity to be THE guy in our defense group but all he’s doing now is blocking the path of a superior player in Kylington.

Useless in the offensive zone despite all the PP time. Not slow, but not really the upper echelon skater he’s advertised to be. Pretty soft in tight-checking games. He’s found his niche now as a shut-down guy that can only contain second line talent and below.

Would love nothing more than to get some good assets for him because he is overmatched in the top pairing role we keep trying to play him in. 8 more years of Hanifin would be silly after the 6 we’ve seen from him

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He’s been given every opportunity to be THE guy in our defense group but all he’s doing now is blocking the path of a superior player in Kylington.

Useless in the offensive zone despite all the PP time. Not slow, but not really the upper echelon skater he’s advertised to be. Pretty soft in tight-checking games. He’s found his niche now as a shut-down guy that can only contain second line talent and below.

Would love nothing more than to get some good assets for him because he is overmatched in the top pairing role we keep trying to play him in. 8 more years of Hanifin would be silly after the 6 we’ve seen from him

Sold. You can have one Victor Olofsson.

Ledge And Dairy

analytically he's been a top ~25 5v5 dmen for a while but fell back this year a bit as the team in general had relatively poor results. Calgary is definitely best off trying to extend him though. If he is traded it should be only be if he doesn't want to sign a long term deal or if Lindholm wanting out forces us to rebuild, and then only moved for futures

Reactions: Nanuuk

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
analytically he's been a top ~25 5v5 dmen for a while but fell back this year a bit as the team in general had relatively poor results. Calgary is definitely best off trying to extend him though. If he is traded it should be only be if he doesn't want to sign a long term deal or if Lindholm wanting out forces us to rebuild, and then only moved for futures
He should be priority ahead of Lindholm for signing IMO. His game will age very well. Anything under 7 even at max term I'd sign in a second.

Hanifin

For

Kuznetsov
Flames counter with your choice of Kadri or Huberdeau. Or both. Cap dumps for cap dumps. Assets for assets.

Reactions: andora and Conbon

Ledge And Dairy

He should be priority ahead of Lindholm for signing IMO. His game will age very well. Anything under 7 even at max term I'd sign in a second.
While I agree that the age is better I think Calgary sinks without Lindholm. You need a legitimate 1C and without Lindholm Calgary doesn't have anyone remotely close to filling that role. If Lindholm won't sign this summer Calgary should probably look to do an LA Kings style rebuild where they sell hard for the next 2-3 drafts while still having some big deals on the roster then start the upswing right after that. Everyone talked about the Kings having the best prospect pool in the league the last few years but their best prospects when they started rebuilding were Gabe Vilardi and Rasmus Kupari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad