Value of: Hampus Lindholm to New Jersey

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
there is no chance guys like Vlasic, Suter, and Pietrangelo are better than Lindholm

I'd take Lindholm over any of your "probably better" list as well

I don’t agree with every name on his list either, but even so, there are clearly more than 10 dmen who are better.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t agree with every name on his list either, but even so, there are clearly more than 10 dmen who are better.
I think the way the NHL is trending.... its better to look at top 10 dmen under 27(or just younger nhl dmen) ... and I think Lindholms on that list... if you are trading for Lindholm its for a long term plan/fix. Some of those guys listed are pretty old and if you made a trade/signed them... your likely going to regret it.

I think his age/contract hold a lot of value that people are ignoring by simply saying "hes not top 10 player" and listing 30-34 year old dmen ahead of him.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I think the way the NHL is trending.... its better to look at top 10 dmen under 27(or just younger nhl dmen) ... and I think Lindholms on that list... if you are trading for Lindholm its for a long term plan/fix. Some of those guys listed are pretty old and if you made a trade/signed them... your likely going to regret it.

I think his age/contract hold a lot of value that people are ignoring by simply saying "hes not top 10 player" and listing 30-34 year old dmen ahead of him.

Yeah if we’re factoring age, I don’t think you’d find many arguing he isn’t top 10 in that regard.

I was referring solely to current on ice impact today. Even then, he’s still top 20 IMO.

spiderham616

Feb 5, 2019
This is Larsson 2.0, Ducks fans expect a Hall like return for Lindholm and Lindholm although great isn't a superstar defenseman.

From a Leafs perspective have read for years how 'laughable' it was to compare Rielly to the might Lindholm, funny that Rielly is up for a Norris and Lindholm is a solid blueliner that hasn't evolved much as a talent.

If a sucker wants to overpay for Lindholm go ahead but he's not worth the price Ducks would want. He's great defenseman to fill out a top four not a true 1D to build a blueline around. He's no franchise talent.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This is Larsson 2.0, Ducks fans expect a Hall like return for Lindholm and Lindholm although great isn't a superstar defenseman.

From a Leafs perspective have read for years how 'laughable' it was to compare Rielly to the might Lindholm, funny that Rielly is up for a Norris and Lindholm is a solid blueliner that hasn't evolved much as a talent.

If a sucker wants to overpay for Lindholm go ahead but he's not worth the price Ducks would want. He's great defenseman to fill out a top four not a true 1D to build a blueline around. He's no franchise talent.
Ducks fans don't expect Lindholm to be moved at all.
Lindholm > Larsson ever was
First few seasons Lindholm was > Rielly, last season it was pretty close to =, this season rielly is def the better option. Both still young, going forwards rielly def in the better situation and should be better, but I wouldn't shut the door on Lindholm either.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
there is no chance guys like Vlasic, Suter, and Pietrangelo are better than Lindholm

I'd take Lindholm over any of your "probably better" list as well

For example, Ryan Suter is coming back from a nasty injury and has 30 points in 54 games, which is better than Lindholm’s 20 in 47 games, which is kind of Severson-esque. Value given age and contract is a different issue, which would be a valid point.

As I said before, in his entire career Lindholm has only gotten at least one Norris vote once, and he finished 17th. Yeah, it’s only sportwriters opinion, but someone who is obviously a top ten defenseman who is now 25 should have done a little better.

spiderham616

Feb 5, 2019
Ducks fans don't expect Lindholm to be moved at all.
Lindholm > Larsson ever was
First few seasons Lindholm was > Rielly, last season it was pretty close to =, this season rielly is def the better option. Both still young, going forwards rielly def in the better situation and should be better, but I wouldn't shut the door on Lindholm either.
Larsson landed Hall. Makes him an MVP talent to Devils fans.

I've seen the back and forth on Rielly vs Lindholm for years, Leafs fan post the numbers, Rielly holds up fine especially given Rielly has had replacement level talents as partners his whole career and Lindholm has always had stellar partners, given the quality of defensive partner driving play emerging as a pillar for advanced stats this speaks volumes to put that comparison in perspective.

But I know how this works, show evidence, who cares, Lindholm > Rielly cause NPC group think.

Now the reality is undeniable, Rielly > Larsson. Rielly's ceiling was always higher, he's just a better athlete and talent. Larsson will always be better defensively sure but Lindholm has never been that dynamic puck rusher.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Lindholm is 25. By the time the Ducks are back in contention (which wont be long IMO with their talent) he will still be in his prime and perhaps even better with his experience.

No way in hell Anaheim should be trying to move him. Fowler and Manson are a bit older but the same still applies, unless the Ducks have to make a move, trade wise.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
For example, Ryan Suter is coming back from a nasty injury and has 30 points in 54 games, which is better than Lindholm’s 20 in 47 games, which is kind of Severson-esque. Value given age and contract is a different issue, which would be a valid point.

As I said before, in his entire career Lindholm has only gotten at least one Norris vote once, and he finished 17th. Yeah, it’s only sportwriters opinion, but someone who is obviously a top ten defenseman who is now 25 should have done a little better.

and why are we using solely points to judge defensemen, again...?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Norris generally goes to older guys either way, overall is pretty dumb

Outside of Subban/karlsson I think everyone that won it was 26+.

Rielly/parayko/provorov have never gotten a vote... fowler/manson have as many votes as Lindholm. Idk how serious I take the votes after 1-3.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Some of the people posting in here are crazy. Lindholm is a 1D, probably not top 10 in the league, but definitely way better than Larsson ever was. That being said I have no clue why anyone mentions his contract. He's only got 3 years left after this one, and he's UFA when it expires. I'd honestly count that as a major knock on his value. I don't want to risk him walking in 3 years. And he'll be due a massive raise.

No way in hell would I ever consider Nico for Lindholm. It's just how ducks fans don't want a package that looks like Butcher+Wood+2020 1st for Lindholm we sure as hell don't want something like Lindholm+++ for Nico unless it's literally a no brainer like Lindholm+Rakell+Gibson for Nico+Cory. Basically, Nico is off limits and Lindholm is off-limits for whatever the Devils could offer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Larsson landed Hall. Makes him an MVP talent to Devils fans.

I've seen the back and forth on Rielly vs Lindholm for years, Leafs fan post the numbers, Rielly holds up fine especially given Rielly has had replacement level talents as partners his whole career and Lindholm has always had stellar partners, given the quality of defensive partner driving play emerging as a pillar for advanced stats this speaks volumes to put that comparison in perspective.

But I know how this works, show evidence, who cares, Lindholm > Rielly cause NPC group think.

Now the reality is undeniable, Rielly > Larsson. Rielly's ceiling was always higher, he's just a better athlete and talent. Larsson will always be better defensively sure but Lindholm has never been that dynamic puck rusher.
I never said Lindholm was better then rielly, and I was on the side of the bar that said "if reilly can ever play to his potential" he will be better than Lindholm, but at the time of the threads you are referring too, id say Lindholm was the better player. Up until last year, rielly really didn't play to where people thought he would(part of that could be attributed to partners and the team around him). Hell back then Lindholm/rielly were putting up similar offensive #'s. Now rielly has arguably the best forward core in the league around him, and his offensive output has increased dramatically, of course some of that credit is going to go back to his forwards. And that's not even discrediting him, that's fact. Rielly has always had the potential to become a top 10 dmen in the league, but up until last year(more so this year) he hadn't really been that player.

Lindholm made his partners better, and the team around him better. But seeing as your a leafs fan I assume youll find a way to cry and play the victim over what I posted.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I never said Lindholm was better then rielly, and I was on the side of the bar that said "if reilly can ever play to his potential" he will be better than Lindholm, but at the time of the threads you are referring too, id say Lindholm was the better player. Up until last year, rielly really didn't play to where people thought he would(part of that could be attributed to partners and the team around him). Hell back then Lindholm/rielly were putting up similar offensive #'s. Now rielly has arguably the best forward core in the league around him, and his offensive output has increased dramatically, of course some of that credit is going to go back to his forwards. And that's not even discrediting him, that's fact. Rielly has always had the potential to become a top 10 dmen in the league, but up until last year(more so this year) he hadn't really been that player.

Lindholm made his partners better, and the team around him better. But seeing as your a leafs fan I assume youll find a way to cry and play the victim over what I posted.

Don't feed the troll.

Reactions: Getz2perry

spiderham616

Feb 5, 2019

Lol, Lindholm walked onto a contending core from day one and Rielly had to be a horse on a terrible Leafs roster now Rielly is criticized for having great forwards? Lindholm had prime MVP Perry and prime Getzlaf... see this is the double speak that makes my stomach turn on this issue.

I'll tap, somehow, someway Lindholm is better, there is always an excuse. You convinced me.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
That's fair. I'm going to change it to top 3 protected. So if the Devils don't win a lottery ball, the pick is Anaheim's.

That’s not how that works while getting a teams best Defenseman. Unprotected first. If you don’t like it? Other teams will

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Definitely better:
Hedman
Karlsson
Subban
Josi
Seth Jones
Vlasic
Burns
Ryan Suter
Doughty
Big Buff
Giordano
Pietrangelo

Probably better
Ekholm
Dougie Hamilton
Klingberg
Ryan Ellis

And that's without really thinking about it too much. Very good defenseman. Better than anyone the Devils have. Not one of the top ten in the league.

Lol Ryan Ellis and Hamilton....

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Have you seen Riellys +/-?

Riellys -46 career
Lindholm is a +80

I mean we are comparing apples to oranges here. But I think you should see those stats before knocking on Lindholm. His +/- is bad.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
If it were up certain Devils fans we wouldn't have had a single first round pick this entire rebuild.

Stop including them in proposals. It's stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad