Value of: Hampus Lindholm to New Jersey

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
From Anaheim’s perspective, it certainly does. He’s a top-10 defenseman locked up on a fantastic contract. For a budget team like the Ducks, that’s worth its weight in gold.

Doesn’t mean the deal makes any sense for the Devils. Nico isn’t going anywhere.

I’d much rather keep it simple and talk Fowler.
Lindholm a top 10 defenseman?

since when

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm isnt worth a top 3 pick straight up so try again

He is worth a 1st round pick with no protection, now if your team cant find away to avoid being a top 3 pick that's your problem. But if your making a move for Lindholm I assume your team feels confident it wont be drafting in top 3. If you don't like It don't ask.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Lindholm is a top 10 DMan in the league signed to a great contract

the Ducks aren't going to move him and to get them thinking about moving him, I'd imagine you wouldn't like what the price would be

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

the Ducks aren't going to move him and to get them thinking about moving him, I'd imagine you wouldn't like what the price would be

I think people see the whole ducks team sucks right now, and hoping to buy low on a star 25 year old dmen. But Anaheim really has no reason to sell low on Lindholm w/ his contract and age.

Fowler sure, Henrique maybe, silf of course... but the rest of them still in their primes... and the team isn't going to lower their value because of a shitty situation with the coach/team.

if anyone wants perry/kesler/eaves/miller, they are welcome to pick them up @ discounted price too :P

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Rangers got the 7th overall pick as the centerpiece in the Stepan trade (Raanta and TDA were throw ins/separate trade within a trade).

You're way off here. A young NHL player who has elite potential would have to be the center piece.

The Rangers also gave up what Arizona figured (correctly) to be their starting goalie and Arizona had another first ten picks later. If we do apples for apples, the best comparison I can think of Hamilton. And that's a better comparison than the Stepan deal by a mile. And, if you were correct, then you might as well say that the Oilers should expect to give up McDavid for someone of Lindholm's caliber since they also gave up Hall for Larsson. It doesn't work that way.

Anyway, the Ducks and Devils are probably not a good fit for a trade of any significance, especially not for someone like Lindholm, which is what these threads are sort of useful for.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
The reason I started the thread is because the Devils really need a LHD, and Anaheim is on the verge (or should be) of blowing it up and starting over. They need to get younger and faster.

They have two LHD, but since Fowler has only a 4 team trade list, it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere unless he chooses his destination, which would most likely really limit the return for the Ducks. In that case they would probably be better off keeping Fowler.

So Lindholm would be the next guy for the Devils to target. Maybe taking Kesler off the Ducks would help as well. Would any Ducks fans be interested in this?

To Devils:
Hampus Lindholm
Ryan Kesler

To Anaheim:
2019 1st round pick - top 2 protected (Hughes/Kakko) - deferred to 2020 1st, unprotected + 2019 2nd round pick
2020 2nd round pick
Will Butcher
Michael McLeod
Reilly Walsh

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The reason I started the thread is because the Devils really need a LHD, and Anaheim is on the verge (or should be) of blowing it up and starting over. They need to get younger and faster.

They have two LHD, but since Fowler has only a 4 team trade list, it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere unless he chooses his destination, which would most likely really limit the return for the Ducks. In that case they would probably be better off keeping Fowler.

So Lindholm would be the next guy for the Devils to target. Maybe taking Kesler off the Ducks would help as well. Would any Ducks fans be interested in this?

To Devils:
Hampus Lindholm
Ryan Kesler

To Anaheim:
2019 1st round pick - top 2 protected (Hughes/Kakko) - deferred to 2020 1st, unprotected + 2019 2nd round pick
2020 2nd round pick
Will Butcher
Michael McLeod
Reilly Walsh
Kesler has a nmc that he sure isn’t waiving for NJ. We’re also not going to blow things up, and if we did we wouldn’t start by moving out best/youngest/signed long term on a good deal defenseman.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Kesler has a nmc that he sure isn’t waiving for NJ. We’re also not going to blow things up, and if we did we wouldn’t start by moving out best/youngest/signed long term on a good deal defenseman.

How do you know he wouldn't waive for NJ?

Anaheim would be smart to blow it up the forward core though. I understand not wanting to move out any defenseman.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

To Devils:
Hampus Lindholm
Ryan Kesler

To Anaheim:
2020 2nd round pick
Will Butcher
Michael McLeod
Reilly Walsh

-Even if Anaheim is blowing it up, most likely Lindholm/Gibson/rakell/kase/Montour/Ritchie are young enough and good enough to stick around.
- We have Lindhlom fowler Larsson mahura, fowler is likely the odd man out at some point..... Lindholm is to valuable to the team(w/contract and playstyle to move)… I think wed rather take a cheaper return on fowler and free up the cap space, rather than move Lindholm.

As for the trade itself, its prob pretty good value wise... but realistically it just doesn't get us excited enough to move our best player out side of Gibson.

1st is good, but if that pick ends up 10+... really not exciting from Anaheim perspective
20 2nd is a solid toss in
Butcher would be an okay replacement to hold that spot while we rebuild
Mcleod/walsh are good prospect

but overall I just feel like if we moved Lindholm it would be for a star caliber nhl player, 1 for 1, or small adds.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Definitely better:
Hedman
Karlsson
Subban
Josi
Seth Jones
Vlasic
Burns
Ryan Suter
Doughty
Big Buff
Giordano
Pietrangelo

Probably better
Ekholm
Dougie Hamilton
Klingberg
Ryan Ellis

And that's without really thinking about it too much. Very good defenseman. Better than anyone the Devils have. Not one of the top ten in the league.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

To Devils:
Hampus Lindholm
Ryan Kesler

To Anaheim:
2020 2nd round pick
Will Butcher
Michael McLeod
Reilly Walsh

Even in a blow it up scenario, Lindholm is a piece to build around. Please just listen to the responses you are getting from literally everyone on both sides and stop trying a force an idea that simply makes no sense for Anaheim. You have one piece for whom it makes sense to consider, and that player isn't going to be moved - end of conversation.

Kesler demanded a NMC because he doesn't want to move his family. Common sense says he's obviously going to block a trade across the continent to a non playoff team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
there is no chance guys like Vlasic, Suter, and Pietrangelo are better than Lindholm

I'd take Lindholm over any of your "probably better" list as well

Reactions: Getz2perry

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Definitely better:
Hedman
Karlsson
Subban
Josi
Seth Jones
Vlasic
Burns
Ryan Suter
Doughty
Big Buff
Giordano
Pietrangelo

Probably better
Ekholm
Dougie Hamilton
Klingberg
Ryan Ellis

And that's without really thinking about it too much. Very good defenseman. Better than anyone the Devils have. Not one of the top ten in the league.

Some big (and even laughable) reaches on your list, realistically Lindholm is right in that 8-15 range.

Stephen Gionta

Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
-Even if Anaheim is blowing it up, most likely Lindholm/Gibson/rakell/kase/Montour/Ritchie are young enough and good enough to stick around.
- We have Lindhlom fowler Larsson mahura, fowler is likely the odd man out at some point..... Lindholm is to valuable to the team(w/contract and playstyle to move)… I think wed rather take a cheaper return on fowler and free up the cap space, rather than move Lindholm.

As for the trade itself, its prob pretty good value wise... but realistically it just doesn't get us excited enough to move our best player out side of Gibson.

1st is good, but if that pick ends up 10+... really not exciting from Anaheim perspective
20 2nd is a solid toss in
Butcher would be an okay replacement to hold that spot while we rebuild
Mcleod/walsh are good prospect

but overall I just feel like if we moved Lindholm it would be for a star caliber nhl player, 1 for 1, or small adds.

Thank you for this response. Why don't all posters respond like this.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
there is no chance guys like Vlasic, Suter, and Pietrangelo are better than Lindholm

I'd take Lindholm over any of your "probably better" list as well
Its all really debatable, where people have dmen ranked... and the style that Lindholm plays isn't going to cater to the average fan respecting him.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How do you know he wouldn't waive for NJ?

Anaheim would be smart to blow it up the forward core though. I understand not wanting to move out any defenseman.
Because he would want to go to a contender. And most likely play a prominent role, don’t think he would get that in NJ. Remember he basically forced the canucks to trade him to us or Chicago so he could win a cup. No offense but I don’t see NJ winning a cup within the next three years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thank you for this response. Why don't all posters respond like this.
Everyone has this weird issue on hfboards, where if they agree a value is close/or fair it might actually happen irl. At the end of the day this is all just speculation for fun/interest. I try to do my best to give solid reasoning to why its a no or yes, and give a fair evaluation of the trade, not a simple HAHA YA RITE! or the simple "gunna take hishier", while I think Lindholm is worth hishier… its a counter productive move for jersey to make, so I try to look at the trade from both sides too.

I actually don't think fowler would have an issue going to new jersey personally... they have young assets, him and hall played together in Windsor, if I remember correctly he was prtty close with kyle palmeiri too in Anaheim. And really new jersey isn't super far from where he grew up.

Just because he has a 4 team list, doesn't mean he cant accept trades to more then 4 teams.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Definitely better:
Hedman
Karlsson
Subban
Josi
Seth Jones
Vlasic
Burns
Ryan Suter
Doughty
Big Buff
Giordano
Pietrangelo

Probably better
Ekholm
Dougie Hamilton
Klingberg
Ryan Ellis

A lot of that list is pretty debatable, and a lot depends on what you value or need in a dmen. Very hard to make a set list of whos better... and its easy to counter Lindholm now, due to the ducks having a bad season and his #'s not being as good as normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad