Value of: Hampus Lindholm to New Jersey

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
We’d be better off asking about Fowler and seeing if he’d waive his 4 team protection. Lindholm will cost a lot just as far as fair value and Anaheim has no reason to move him so increase the cost even more.

Reactions: Bet the Over

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Lindholm doesn't come close to landing Nico. But outside of him the Devils have nothing that would get it done for the Ducks. They obviously wouldn't be looking to trade for Hall or Blackwood which are the Devils only other players of significant value.

With all due respect, Butcher and McLeod are both pretty unattractive. Plus a pick 2 drafts now and it is top 3 protected? Awful offer.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You're not getting a new 25 year old best dman, and getting to make any of your best assets unavailable. I mean Lindholm almost surely goes no where anyway, he's a piece to build around even in a retool scenario - but to make an offer for a D like that lead by a protected 1st, you're kidding yourself.

I really don't care what anyone thinks about "value", if teams call about Lindholm and don't have a future 1C like Hischier to offer, shop elsewhere.

Reactions: Doothpick

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
No it doesn't.

From Anaheim’s perspective, it certainly does. He’s a top-10 defenseman locked up on a fantastic contract. For a budget team like the Ducks, that’s worth its weight in gold.

Doesn’t mean the deal makes any sense for the Devils. Nico isn’t going anywhere.

I’d much rather keep it simple and talk Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad