Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm - II

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, I'd definitely throw him in the "rat" category rather than the "tough" guy category.

He's a very good rat though, pulled some awful crap vs us last year in the post season.
Totally agree. He’s tough, don’t get me wrong. But I think there’s a reason he picks his spots.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Still contributing more to the topic than your post

Went into this exact topic in great length with specific criticims last night in the GDT. But if you want me to contribute by arguing with strawmen I will.

Hampus Lindholm's not doing enough chores home, yet some of you seem to criticism him when he does do the laundry, so which is it?

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
It's hockey you can't have a "I don't fight" label or else you turn into the Sedin head speedbag.
Like dealing with all bullies or rats sometimes you need to fight back. Realistically you can't at every moment. But in a situation like that I'd like my team to have players who can put a stop to the shenanigans themselves. You don't need to win the fight. Is it so bad to want your team to stand up for themselves in a demonstrative way? We're left taking the high ground. High ground doesn't get anywhere come playoff time. Every year a bully wins.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Went into this exact topic in great length with specific criticims last night in the GDT. But if you want me to contribute by arguing with strawmen I will.

Hampus Lindholm's not doing enough chores home, yet some of you seem to criticism him when he does do the laundry, so which is it?
All I'm saying is if you're going to come into a thread and post about something you disagree with why not specifically quote the post and open a dialogue rather than make a vague post like you did?

Like I still don't get your point with this post, do you disagree that people don't complain about no pushback and also complain when there's pushback? Or disagree that those two points are relevant to each other?

You can criticize Lindholm for not doing the chores and once he does do his chores you can be unhappy with how he did his laundry - but I think you should still be able to see that it's a positive that the effort is being made to do his chores, especially if it's his first time ever doing his chores, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Monty needs to split Lindholm and Carlo. They are taking the toughest minutes, but aren't really shutting anyone down as a pairing: https://985thesportshub.com/listicle/bruins-panthers-takeaways-ty-anderson/

Together for almost 13 minutes of five-on-five time Tuesday night, the Lindholm-Carlo pairing was on the ice for two goals against, while the Panthers held a 10-2 on-ice advantage in shots with the duo on the ice. Of course, the Lindholm-Carlo was once again given a huge assignment, as they spent the majority of their evening against the Carter Verhaeghe-Sam Bennett-Matthew Tkachuk line, but the goals against are beginning to stack up.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Lindholm was getting embarrassed there and left both gloves on, but at least he jabbed once. I just wish we had someone who could do the same to Bennett.

Like Lucic on Burrows after he went after Bergeron.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
All I'm saying is if you're going to come into a thread and post about something you disagree with why not specifically quote the post and open a dialogue rather than make a vague post like you did?

Like I still don't get your point with this post, do you disagree that people don't complain about no pushback and also complain when there's pushback? Or disagree that those two points are relevant to each other?

You can criticize Lindholm for not doing the chores and once he does do his chores you can be unhappy with how he did his laundry - but I think you should still be able to see that it's a positive that the effort is being made to do his chores, especially if it's his first time ever doing his chores, no?

What's important for you to understand is that I'll post as much or as little as I want. That's just how it works. Sometimes it drives me nuts when other people do it, too, so I get it. I just don't give a shit today.

If you're really curious how I feel use the search button to see what I said last night. In the meantime I don't feel like arguing with anyone specifically, I just wanted to comment generally on how many people are arguing against something that isn't real (or that only one or two people have said).

Reactions: NDiesel

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's hockey you can't have a "I don't fight" label or else you turn into the Sedin head speedbag.
Like dealing with all bullies or rats sometimes you need to fight back. Realistically you can't at every moment. But in a situation like that I'd like my team to have players who can put a stop to the shenanigans themselves. You don't need to win the fight. Is it so bad to want your team to stand up for themselves in a demonstrative way? We're left taking the high ground. High ground doesn't get anywhere come playoff time. Every year a bully wins.
Yep. You have to be physical and make forecheckers think twice about going into the corners with them. Chara would punish people. Even smaller defensemen who play tough can be a little cheap with the stickwork and make the other team not have a great time. Not everybody needs to be a wrecking ball to be effective, but when the Tkachuks and Wilsons of the league go below the red line, all 6'5" Brandon Carlo is likely to do is invite them to his bible study.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
both guys just look kinda gassed to me, need to get them some days off down the stretch. Or even just change up the d pair to spread out the dzone starts more. Run Lindholm-Mac, Lohrei-Carlo, Gryz-Peeke for a game.
I want Worthespoon , in there before Gryz or Loheri

Reactions: zaYG

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What's important for you to understand is that I'll post as much or as little as I want. That's just how it works. Sometimes it drives me nuts when other people do it, too, so I get it. I just don't give a shit today.

If you're really curious how I feel use the search button to see what I said last night. In the meantime I don't feel like arguing with anyone specifically, I just wanted to comment generally on how many people are arguing against something that isn't real (or that only one or two people have said).
Fair enough, I get the feeling of not wanting to discuss it and for real I appreciate the honesty in this post when you really didn't owe me a response.

Hasn't been the best day for me so apologies if it seemed like I was jumping on you there

Last edited:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Fair enough, I get the feeling of not wanting to discuss it and for real I appreciate the honesty in this post when you really didn't owe me a response.

Hasn't been the best day for me so apologies if it seemed like I was jumping on you there

It's fine man. Glass houses/stones, etc. All good. In fact, a very nice exchange in the end. Hope you have a much better night.

Reactions: NDiesel

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Loved it? That was embarrassing for Lindholm. One soft gloved punch and then he turtled. He has at least a few inches and probably 20 pounds on Bennett. At least attempt a few punches and then wrestle him down if you are going to start that stuff.
Bennett was mocking him. He did the best he could. He doesn’t fight and you can tell had no idea how to. Not sure if they play again or not but if so Frederic better give Bennett absolutely no choice but to fight

Great another ok guy!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
This board is funny man. All year “the Bruins never stand up for themselves, what a bunch of pansies”

The second a guy actually pushes back “OMG how embarrassing”

Pick a lane.’

This board is funny man. All year “the Bruins never stand up for themselves, what a bunch of pansies”

The second a guy actually pushes back “OMG how embarrassing”

Pick a lane.
I’d rather he skate away than throw a weak gloved punch and then turtle like he did.

hey everybody, imagine thinking he was the one starting that stuff lmaooooo

Couldn’t be me
He didn’t start it and he certainly didn’t finish it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I forget who made a joke on here the other day saying he just forgot how to play hockey. . .(being serious, it wasn't me- I just remember reading it.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad