Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm - II

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Didn’t go well but I appreciate him doing it instead of letting himself get Sedin’d. Bitch move by Bennett though, go try that with Frederic or even somebody like Beecher. Somebody that’s actually fought
Bennett I’m sure is fine with doing that to whomever. Lindholm actually escalated it with that gloved left to start the fight. Loved it.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Bennett I’m sure is fine with doing that to whomever. Lindholm actually escalated it with that gloved left to start the fight. Loved it.
Loved it? That was embarrassing for Lindholm. One soft gloved punch and then he turtled. He has at least a few inches and probably 20 pounds on Bennett. At least attempt a few punches and then wrestle him down if you are going to start that stuff.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Thought
Loved it? That was embarrassing for Lindholm. One soft gloved punch and then he turtled. He has at least a few inches and probably 20 pounds on Bennett. At least attempt a few punches and then wrestle him down if you are going to start that stuff.
So if he sat there and did nothing after Bennett was pushing his head down we'd all be saying he should stand up for himself.

But when he gets up and throws a punch and gets beat by a guy who regularly fights in his first fight we also aren't happy.

So basically we're only happy if he wins the fight? What kind of logic is this?

It's a fighter vs a non fighter, let's be reasonable here...

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
E81C2EEE-03E4-4BB0-AD20-7B2C119CE8DF.jpeg

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
So he could either continue to get bullied or do something knowing that he was going to get his a$$ kicked by one of the tougher guys in the league. So he punched him in the nose and took what was coming. The guy was humiliating him, driving his face into the ice. Good for Lindholm for pushing back.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
So he could either continue to get bullied or do something knowing that he was going to get his a$$ kicked by one of the tougher guys in the league. So he punched him in the nose and took what was coming. The guy was humiliating him, driving his face into the ice. Good for Lindholm for pushing back.
Spot on! and I will tell you you it turned Lindholms game around as well. He was solid after that.

Bennett is the one that should be embarrassed, fing punk

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He did not start it, and lets have him hit you with that " soft gloved punch "

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Thought
So if he sat there and did nothing after Bennett was pushing his head down we'd all be saying he should stand up for himself.

But when he gets up and throws a punch and gets beat by a guy who regularly fights in his first fight we also aren't happy.

So basically we're only happy if he wins the fight? What kind of logic is this?

It's a fighter vs a non fighter, let's be reasonable here...
Like I said, if he is going to get into it, don’t kinda get into it and then turtle. He is much bigger and stronger, throw a few punches and then wrestle Bennett to the ground.

Reactions: Clode

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Like I said, if he is going to get into it, don’t kinda get into it and then turtle. He is much bigger and stronger, throw a few punches and then wrestle Bennett to the ground.
Being bigger than a guy doesn't make you stronger and definitely doesn't make you a better fighter - he pushed back and got his ass whooped...way better than sitting there and taking it.

Sure he turtled at the end, should he have just let Bennett punch him in the head while he was down instead?

Reactions: Raleighfern

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Didn’t go well but I appreciate him doing it instead of letting himself get Sedin’d. Bitch move by Bennett though, go try that with Frederic or even somebody like Beecher. Somebody that’s actually fought

Sure I'd have preferred Hampus win the fight. However I'd rather see him stand up for himself & lose rather than take that bullshit from Bennett or any other player for that matter.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
hey everybody, imagine thinking he was the one starting that stuff lmaooooo

Couldn’t be me

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
This board is funny man. All year “the Bruins never stand up for themselves, what a bunch of pansies”

The second a guy actually pushes back “OMG how embarrassing”

Pick a lane.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Notice when you stand up to Florida the shit tends to stop. Good on Lindholm, Bennet picked a guy who doesn't fight, he should get a medal for bravery...
After Lindholm's little bit of pushback the Panthers were largely a tame bunch. Not sure if the scrum had anything to do with it, but it was very noticeable to me as well.

This board is funny man. All year “the Bruins never stand up for themselves, what a bunch of pansies”

The second a guy actually pushes back “OMG how embarrassing”

Pick a lane.
I was fine with Lindholm's response. That's not his game at all. I don't expect him to be the next recipient of a PJ Stock Ass Kicking Crew T-Shirt, but he handled himself perfectly fine.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If you want to have a go at someone, you shouldn't pick the total non fighter who went last night. Bennett was being a total prick (fits FLA as a whole). As someone else said, rather than get Sedin'd, Lindholm had the balls to pop Bennett a decent shot in the chops which he knew was going to get the reaction it did. Can't give him shit for that.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Until Bennett starts shit with a Deslauriers, Xhekaj, Olivier, Gudbranson, etc. and holds his own, I would refrain from calling him one of the tougher guys in the league. I’m willing to bet he’d get absolutely humbled by a guy that knows how to do more than throw wild overhand rights, hence why he picks his spots and is a third man in more often than not. He threw a jab at Deslauriers once in a scrum and wanted NOTHING to do with him once Deslauriers oddly reacted to it. He’s a punk.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Until Bennett starts shit with a Deslauriers, Xhekaj, Olivier, Gudbranson, etc. and holds his own, I would refrain from calling him one of the tougher guys in the league. I’m willing to bet he’d get absolutely humbled by a guy that knows how to do more than throw wild overhand rights, hence why he picks his spots and is a third man in more often than not. He threw a jab at Deslauriers once in a scrum and wanted NOTHING to do with him once Deslauriers oddly reacted to it. He’s a punk.

Yeah, I'd definitely throw him in the "rat" category rather than the "tough" guy category.

He's a very good rat though, pulled some awful crap vs us last year in the post season.

Reactions: Grimey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I noticed their entire team was a lot less chippy in the 3rd...of course until the game was over and Tkachuk did his usual act
Yes you picked up on that, and typical Tkachuk, make sur there is someone between them, I know he is a good player but I think you come back at him you are taking a little something away from him......I am not sure what is going to happen with this Bruins team in the playoffs, they could get knocked out in the first round again but if that is the going to be the case, I hope it is Florida so the Bruins just will take the approach lets just beat the shit out of them for the next team they play......What a crazy stupid rant I just went on, but I cannot help myself, I just hate that team garbage POS !!!!! team. Come on Maroon ,get better..........

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like the nasty that came out of him there. Little gloved sucker punch set it off. If they unlock that part of his game then we've got an engaged and physical Hampus that forwards don't want to be in the corner with.

Bennett with the absolute scumbag move of throwing while he's on the ground and restrained by refs though.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad