Hamonic Requests Trade To Western Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Okposo is a UFA after this season (like Ladd and Buff). Reportedly, he's looking for about $7 million per season, and it seems that there's some question as to whether the Isles will re-sign him.

Yep, UFA after this year -- I was using old cap info. Still at 27 & being a top 6 player (normally first liner), I'd be a lot keener about signing him for 6.5-7 than I would be to sign Ladd at 6 x 6

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yep, UFA after this year -- I was using old cap info. Still at 27 & being a top 6 player (normally first liner), I'd be a lot keener about signing him for 6.5-7 than I would be to sign Ladd at 6 x 6

I agree... Okposo > Ladd, all else being equal. If Okposo gets $7M per year, Ladd isn't worth much more than $6M.

According to Lawless (grain of salt needed), the Jets have already offered Ladd $6M x 6 years. Anything more would be overly generous, in my view. If Ladd absolutely won't sign for that much, then the Jets need to trade him.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I agree... Okposo > Ladd, all else being equal. If Okposo gets $7M per year, Ladd isn't worth much more than $6M.

According to Lawless (grain of salt needed), the Jets have already offered Ladd $6M x 6 years. Anything more would be overly generous, in my view. If Ladd absolutely won't sign for that much, then the Jets need to trade him.

If thats true: trade him ASAP.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ladd is dumber than i thought if UUUUM he UUUUM turned UUUUM down 6 x 6 UUUUM million !! I hate listening to him getting interviewed , all he ever says is UUUUUMMM , i can't write it like he says um .:laugh:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Ladd is dumber than i thought if UUUUM he UUUUM turned UUUUM down 6 x 6 UUUUM million !! I hate listening to him getting interviewed , all he ever says is UUUUUMMM , i can't write it like he says um .:laugh:

Why would that make him dumb? There are a whole host of reasons players sign in certain places. Money is just one part of the equation.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Yeah um, I agree, um, if he turned down 6x6 then, um, he's pretty ***, um stupid and um, we're , um, lucky he, um did.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There's no way they could afford him given their current salary cap and pending free agents. They would need to trade Okposo for a "song" to make it work.

Not necessarily. IF they have to trade Okposo to make it work doesn't mean they can't get good value for Okposo.

It isn't up to us to figure out how they can do it. That is Snow's problem. I only said I don't know if they could do it or not. That actually isn't quite correct. I know they could do it if they wanted to badly enough. What is not known is whether they might want to take the steps necessary to be able to.

Maybe they aren't going to be able to sign Okposo and trade him for picks at the deadline or keep him as a rental and he walks. That frees up 2.8 mil, Hamonic is another 3.857142 = 6.657 That would be close to enough to sign Buff. They have 5.446 cap space now. Take another .5 mil out of that and there is enough to sign Buff. Of course they still need to replace Okposo but that is not our problem either. The point is that they certainly can do it if they choose to.

IIRC Snow was shopping Okposo for a while. Probably similar to Hamonic though. Trying to get way more than he is worth. I don't know what he might get for Okposo if he got serious about it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Where did Lawless say that? Last I saw (quite a while ago) Lawless said they had offered 6x5.8 and Ladd was asking 6x6.5 I haven't seen or heard anything on Ladd negotiations since then other than Chevy refusing to even say they were talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad