Hamonic Requests Trade To Western Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
OK fine. Have it your way. All kinds of insiders are claiming to know. Neither you nor I knows for certain if they are knowledgeable or honest. Of course it is only those same sources who claim that this request for a trade by Hamonic even exists. If you believe one part of their report why not the rest? But you will believe whatever you choose.

Hamonic himself has come forward, that part isn't guesswork.

Snow may want 'this and that' in a trade, he may even come forward and say it publicly. But at the end of the day, he likely won't get what he wants. That's really my point and why a blue line with Trouba, Myers and Hamonic is a possibility.

It would be like Little requesting a trade for personal reasons to be closer to family in Alberta, specifically Edmonton. We can hypothesize that Oilers are best fit, and have a surplus of Cs, and if they want Little, Nuge or Draisaitl has to come back in a deal. But at the end of the day, IF Little went there, odds that Nuge or Draisaitl would actually come back is very low, Imo. They would not offer them, only as a last resort, but Edmonton would be just as happy with what they have now. That's why if a deal is made to accommodate Hamonic, it likely wouldn't favor the Isles.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hamonic himself has come forward, that part isn't guesswork.

Snow may want 'this and that' in a trade, he may even come forward and say it publicly. But at the end of the day, he likely won't get what he wants. That's really my point and why a blue line with Trouba, Myers and Hamonic is a possibility.

It would be like Little requesting a trade for personal reasons to be closer to family in Alberta, specifically Edmonton. We can hypothesize that Oilers are best fit, and have a surplus of Cs, and if they want Little, Nuge or Draisaitl has to come back in a deal. But at the end of the day, IF Little went there, odds that Nuge or Draisaitl would actually come back is very low, Imo. They would not offer them, only as a last resort, but Edmonton would be just as happy with what they have now. That's why if a deal is made to accommodate Hamonic, it likely wouldn't favor the Isles.

Go back to the 1st post in this thread. It was not Hamonic who went public. It started with a report from Dreger.

Snow says what it is he wants. If he doesn't get it as you say no deal is done. He doesn't settle for something else because he is under absolutely no pressure or compulsion to make any deal at all.

You are the one speculating here.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Go back to the 1st post in this thread. It was not Hamonic who went public. It started with a report from Dreger.

Snow says what it is he wants. If he doesn't get it as you say no deal is done. He doesn't settle for something else because he is under absolutely no pressure or compulsion to make any deal at all.

It was Friedman who broke the story, not Dreger.

Friedman also broke the story that the Isles were about to move Dipietro by paying other teams with assets. He also reported, for years that the Isles were pursuing various deals with the leafs that turned out to be chatboard nonsense.

There's always a kernel of truth with sources but you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

What am I speculating a about?

Story broke by Freidman, and Hamonic spoke to the media and his teammates on the news. No speculation on news, just what Snow will get in a deal.

You're the one saying there is no chance the Jets can have a blue line of Trouba, Myers and Hamonic. I say there is a chance.

At some point, if Hamonic wants out and loses patience in this process, then he may hold out or retire. Not there yet. But to say Snow can continue to let this go indefinitely, perhaps years, that just won't happen.

The real group that is not obligated to do anything is the Jets. If they can't get him somewhat on their terms, why do it? And their terms are not known at the moment.

The probability he is moved to Jets may not be that great. Perhaps because Snow holds firm on his ask from Jets. But wherever he goes, I think we will be surprised at how little Snow gets in return.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
It was Friedman who broke the story, not Dreger.

Friedman also broke the story that the Isles were about to move Dipietro by paying other teams with assets. He also reported, for years that the Isles were pursuing various deals with the leafs that turned out to be chatboard nonsense.

There's always a kernel of truth with sources but you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

In this case, Hamonic has addressed it in media. The desire is confirmed. What Snow has actually asked for and what the teams may have offered, all speculation

Snow can say he wants a dman to replace him. About same age, signed, and a RH d. And not a pending UFA. Well he's basically telling everyone he's asking for Myers or Trouba but not Buff. He's negotiating in the public. And Chevy isn't biting.

At the end of the day, if Snow gets a comparable player great on him. It rarely works out that way.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Story broke by Freidman, and Hamonic spoke to the media and his teammates on the news. No speculation on news, just what Snow will get in a deal.

You're the one saying there is no chance the Jets can have a blue line of Trouba, Myers and Hamonic. I say there is a chance.

At some point, if Hamonic wants out and loses patience in this process, then he may hold out or retire. Not there yet. But to say Snow can continue to let this go indefinitely, perhaps years, that just won't happen.

The real group that is not obligated to do anything is the Jets. If they can't get him somewhat on their terms, why do it? And their terms are not known at the moment.

The probability he is moved to Jets may not be that great. Perhaps because Snow holds firm on his ask from Jets. But wherever he goes, I think we will be surprised at how little Snow gets in return.

I really don't understand this line of reasoning either. Why wouldn't the NYI be interested in Buff ++ as a deal. Hamonic has patience but at some point they will want to or basically feel forced to make a deal. Even if Buff isn't included in the deal (if we can make the trade around other players & not include Myers or Trouba, Buff will be then more than expendible to make another trade.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
In this case, Hamonic has addressed it in media. The desire is confirmed. What Snow has actually asked for and what the teams may have offered, all speculation

Snow can say he wants a dman to replace him. About same age, signed, and a RH d. And not a pending UFA. Well he's basically telling everyone he's asking for Myers or Trouba but not Buff. He's negotiating in the public. And Chevy isn't biting.

At the end of the day, if Snow gets a comparable player great on him. It rarely works out that way.
There's no evidence that Snow wants Myers.

He also hasn't made any public statements about what he wants. The stuffabout a young defender was reported by other gms like Don Maloney.

So, I really have no clue what you are discussing here.

Going way beyond the data and basically making stuff up.

The "facts" that we have so far are as follows:
1) Hamonic asked for a trade to a "Western team" for personal reasons.
2) Hamonic does not have a NTC, but Garth Snow is trying to accommodate his request. He apparently asked for a trade prior to the beginning of the season but is also willing to play out the current season.
3) Several other GMs have said that Snow is asking for a young defender at a similar level in exchange.
4) Multiple sources have the Isles wanting Trouba (not Myers) and WPG balking.
5) Multiple sources say that teams are unwilling/unable to meet Snow's ask, and that Snow is folding his cards for now.

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
There's no evidence that Snow wants Myers.

He also hasn't made any public statements about what he wants. The stuffabout a young defender was reported by other gms like Don Maloney.

So, I really have no clue what you are discussing here.

Going way beyond the data and basically making stuff up.

The "facts" that we have so far are as follows:
1) Hamonic asked for a trade to a "Western team" for personal reasons.
2) Hamonic does not have a NTC, but Garth Snow is trying to accommodate his request. He apparently asked for a trade prior to the beginning of the season but is also willing to play out the current season.
3) Several other GMs have said that Snow is asking for a young defender at a similar level in exchange.
4) Multiple sources have the Isles wanting Trouba (not Myers) and WPG balking.
5) Multiple sources say that teams are unwilling/unable to meet Snow's ask, and that Snow is folding his cards for now.

Maybe the reports are are different here, but, sources had said Snow didnt want picks or prospects or pending UFA for Hamonic.

I take offence stating I'm making stuff up. Do you want me to list the articles?

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Maybe the reports are are different here, but, sources had said Snow didnt want picks or prospects or pending UFA for Hamonic.

I take offence stating I'm making stuff up. Do you want me to list the articles?
Multiple sources confirm the isles won't take picks or prospects.

What you did essentially manufacture was the idea that all of that is coming from Snow or that Snow is negotiating through the media. But, by all means, back up your claims.

Show me ONE single direct quote from Snow, or show me a single legitimate source that has any direct info from Snow.

Falling that, I think it is pretty clear to went well beyond the data. I'm not accusing you of lying but I think you've taken a great big giant leap.

The two gms in the league who are least likely to engage in public negotiations are actually with wpg and nyi.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

You're speculating that Snow might not want what we were told he wanted or that he might take something other than what he said he wanted. That is pure speculation on your part.

At any rate I'm going back to where I was at several posts ago. This isn't worth arguing about. Have it your way. :)

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
You're speculating that Snow might not want what we were told he wanted or that he might take something other than what he said he wanted. That is pure speculation on your part.

At any rate I'm going back to where I was at several posts ago. This isn't worth arguing about. Have it your way. :)

My posts were absolutely speculation. Speculation with no inside info whatsoever. I admitted that again and again.

We have few "facts" here, that's for sure.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
[mod]

One wonders if there is any discussion about this on the Isles board, or maybe we're a more interesting bunch. Besides, I thought that all trade discussions / negotiations regarding Hamonic have been shelved for the rest of the season. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Multiple sources confirm the isles won't take picks or prospects.

What you did essentially manufacture was the idea that all of that is coming from Snow or that Snow is negotiating through the media. But, by all means, back up your claims.

Show me ONE single direct quote from Snow, or show me a single legitimate source that has any direct info from Snow.

Falling that, I think it is pretty clear to went well beyond the data. I'm not accusing you of lying but I think you've taken a great big giant leap.

The two gms in the league who are least likely to engage in public negotiations are actually with wpg and nyi.

Ok, I see what you're saying and you're right. Snow has not said anything publicly, and 'sources' may just be speculating as much as we are.

The 'negotiating in public' comment was made thinking the 'sources' had inside knowledge or contact with Snow and Snow was 'directing' the information leaked to the media. But that's a leap by me to be sure. There's no direct confirmation of that, and 'sources' could just be speculating like we are.

I will say, Snow is in a tough spot and any leverage he can gain on this (orchastrated or not)- through bringing in more teams or having the value rise - good on him.

jetman

May 21, 2015
Just saw this over on the trade board:

Not surprising on either front. (Chevy offering Buff and Snow saying no). A lot more surprising that we actually are hearing this.

It says Chevy is willing to trade Buff if a good deal comes along but besides that not much.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The only way the Isles would do the Hamo-Buff deal is if they intended to re-sign him. I don't think he's the right fit for them long term. Maybe at the TD if they go all in.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just saw this over on the trade board:

I am a huge Buff fan and IF this is true , that's a awful trade for the Jets !! Does this mean Chevy is willing to sign Ladd long term and stupid money ? God i hope not .... for good and bad Buff sells alot more tickets than boring overrated mistake prone Ladd !!!:shakehead

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am a huge Buff fan and IF this is true , that's a awful trade for the Jets !! Does this mean Chevy is willing to sign Ladd long term and stupid money ? God i hope not .... for good and bad Buff sells alot more tickets than boring overrated mistake prone Ladd !!!:shakehead

If the Jets have determined that they won't resign Buf, it is a smart offer.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Here's how Buff for Hamonic would be an acceptable trade for Snow. Jets sign Buff for 6 years at 7 million and then offer 2 million in salary reduction.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not surprising on either front. (Chevy offering Buff and Snow saying no). A lot more surprising that we actually are hearing this.

It says Chevy is willing to trade Buff if a good deal comes along but besides that not much.

Snow should say no. I said before... why would the Islanders trade their best d-man for a guy who is a UFA and might walk in 7 months anyway? Far too risky of a move for Snow.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Here's how Buff for Hamonic would be an acceptable trade for Snow. Jets sign Buff for 6 years at 7 million and then offer 2 million in salary reduction.

I doubt we are going to self inflict $2M in dead cap space. We'd effectively be paying $6.35M for Hamonic. IMO that is a Maple Leafesque move.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I doubt we are going to self inflict $2M in dead cap space. We'd effectively be paying $6.35M for Hamonic. IMO that is a Maple Leafesque move.

To me it's spending 12 million to keep a Myers or a Trouba. Jets are losing Buff anyways. What will they get for him, nothing or a 2nd rounder? Jets could have Hamonic for 8 years so it's not too much per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad