Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Is it confirmed that Renwick is a healthy scratch and not injured? Seems very weird to me.
Either he's injured or in the doghouse of Matsos/Staios.. something isn't right. Yet Conor Ali, a guy who couldn't cut it in Kingston or Sudbury, is getting minutes..

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Either he's injured or in the doghouse of Matsos/Staios.. something isn't right. Yet Conor Ali, a guy who couldn't cut it in Kingston or Sudbury, is getting minutes..

From what I have been told,and he has relatives here in Windsor and area,is that it's a shoulder injury that has kept him out.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
From what I have been told,and he has relatives here in Windsor and area,is that it's a shoulder injury that has kept him out.

This makes much more sense. He wasn't playing bad and is only 16. It didn't make sense that the Bulldogs would scratch him.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Makes sense--that explains why he's been out. It's a huge blow to the Bulldogs--especially when they're heading headfirst into a rebuild and likely to see much of their roster gutted in the next few weeks, and really need him (and Jenkins) in the lineup.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs win! Mattinen adds an empty-netter to put a capper on a 5-2 win, a much needed victory for Hamilton to try to keep contention hopes alive--though it also may tempt Staios to buy instead of sell if the Bulldogs go on a run, which would be unwise at this point considering how few assets the team has.

Also helping the Bulldogs--Fronts defeated the Battalion 7-5, so Hamilton is back in the 8 spot.

Bring on the Spitfires tomorrow.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Lol. Yeah there must have been something else already slotted in on TSN that Stew or the Bulldogs had to find another station to broadcast the game live. I believe it's only happened a handful of times that they've had to do that.

In the meantime, Stew just posted a little while ago that the game is on TSN1150 tonight. Pre-game starts at 6:30.

You are exactly right, in this case it was the Grey Cup, which makes sense why it was on 1150 vs 1050 Toronto

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
According to the starting lineup board they're trying Jenkins on offence today. Interesting move
Can't blame the Bulldogs for trying--especially when the team needs to find a role for him.

BTW, Donofrio is starting again as well--Zachary Roy is Matsos' doghouse? Or are the Bulldogs trying to salvage Nick Donofrio's value ahead of the deadline?

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Can't blame the Bulldogs for trying--especially when the team needs to find a role for him.

BTW, Donofrio is starting again as well--Zachary Roy is Matsos' doghouse? Or are the Bulldogs trying to salvage Nick Donofrio's value ahead of the deadline?
I doubt it has anything to do with Roy. I think they're just giving Donofrio another shot after the win yesterday. Didn't get to see it with my own two eyes but maybe he played well enough to earn back to back starts

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
1-1 after 1.

Moving Jenkins to offense has worked so far, as he assisted on Navrin Mutter's 3rd of the season.

And regarding Roy--just realized he's given up 4+ goals in 3 of his last 4 starts--now it explains why Matsos is going to Donofrio.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario

I don't understand the narrative that if one goalie earns back to back starts, the other is possibly in the doghouse. Good lord...

How about the idea that there is no doghouse and this is how a tandem works. Give one a few games, play the other a few games. If both aren't playing as well for a bit, rotate them until someone gets going again.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
3-1 Bulldogs after 2--Entwistle has added a pair, with Saigeon(2 assists), Strome (1 A), and Kaliyev(1 A) chipping in.

Of course, we need to hope Hamilton doesn't have another 3rd period collapse--especially when they need wins more than anything.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Only 3110 for Star Wars Day.. thought a promotion like this would've boosted attendance. Is Hamilton struggling that badly to draw fans into the seats?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Another win for the Bulldogs, 3-2 over the struggling Windsor Spitfires!

Donofrio blocks 23 of 25 shots for back-to-back wins--and saved the team from collapse, as the 3rd period was lackluster.. Bulldogs were badly outshot 13-2 in the 3rd.

Next up, another round of the K-9 Cup, as Niagara comes into town again, and the Bulldogs look for a weekend sweep and look to get back into contention for at least a mid-level playoff spot (no way they'll or anyone will catch Ottawa).

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Roy starting today, Jenkins on defense, Conor Ali hurt, joining Renwick (shoulder) on IR.. Bulldogs down to 6 D again.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
3-1 IceDogs mid 3rd. Saigeon just scored. But a very disappointing crowd for another round of the K-9 Cup..with only 2696 showing up for today's game.

Why is attendance so low? I know there's been problems with attendance in the O this year--but Hamilton has been notable, especially after winning a championship--thought they'd have more fans showing up.
Price hikes? Economic issues? Bad parking? The arena? Ti-Cats?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs lose this round of the K-9 Cup, pounced 5-1 by the IceDogs.

Though it's likely because it was Niagara, Bulldogs defense was very soft in this game, giving up 41 shots. Conor Ali not being in the lineup didn't help either.

Zachary Roy may be hitting the rookie wall--giving up 5 goals.

We'll see what happens in the week ahead--will Staios start selling off, or will he wait till closer to the trade freeze or after the World Jrs.?

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Bulldogs lose this round of the K-9 Cup, pounced 5-1 by the IceDogs.

Though it's likely because it was Niagara, Bulldogs defense was very soft in this game, giving up 41 shots. Conor Ali not being in the lineup didn't help either.

Zachary Roy may be hitting the rookie wall--giving up 5 goals.

We'll see what happens in the week ahead--will Staios start selling off, or will he wait till closer to the trade freeze or after the World Jrs.?

You can’t blame that game on Roy. He was spectacular. I’d say that if not for him, it would have been 8-1 at least. He made 6 or 7 hi lite reel saves in the 3rd period alone. His composure and focus as a rookie is tremendous. You guys have a gem for years to come.

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
3-1 IceDogs mid 3rd. Saigeon just scored. But a very disappointing crowd for another round of the K-9 Cup..with only 2696 showing up for today's game.

Why is attendance so low? I know there's been problems with attendance in the O this year--but Hamilton has been notable, especially after winning a championship--thought they'd have more fans showing up.
Price hikes? Economic issues? Bad parking? The arena? Ti-Cats?
I think it two straight home games in has many days can get expensive Ti Cats season done it not the fact the Bills are winning.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
I think it two straight home games in has many days can get expensive Ti Cats season done it not the fact the Bills are winning.

True, but low attendance hurts more in Hamilton due to the arena being too oversized for the OHL--2696 doesn't look as bad in say, Kingston than it does in Hamilton..

And low numbers are likely next weekend with North Bay and Flint coming in.. teams that don't draw in Hamilton.

Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Is Liam Stevens a lock for the season or is he at waivers risk being a fringe 99
I didn't see today's game but overall I think Stevens is a decent depth veteran player for this season. If anything, I wonder about Burnell who's been injured all season. I think it would be wise to place him on waivers, like they did with Templeton a year ago, to open up an OA spot for another veteran forward since there's a good chance of 2 or 3 top forwards being traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad