Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Same here, I love having season tickets even if the team isn't very good.

I think Niagara has a pretty decent shot this year. They have most of their players back from last year, a strong goalie and some good additions this week. They could win the conference.

Reactions: three dog night

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Same here, I love having season tickets even if the team isn't very good.

I think Niagara has a pretty decent shot this year. They have most of their players back from last year, a strong goalie and some good additions this week. They could win the conference.

Division you mean--Ottawa 67s are leading the conference by a mile (19 straight games with a point, BTW).

Bulldogs desperately need a win tonight--North Bay is pulling away in the standings (3 points up on the Bulldogs now), and we're only a few weeks till the trade freeze. Bulldogs need to make a run--otherwise it'll be an easy decision for Staios to blow up the roster for picks/young players.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Bulldogs have 45 gsmes left to make up those 3 points. Let's not panic yet.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
No panic for the Bulldogs so far today--up 2-0 vs. the IceDogs, with Entwistle and Strome scoring goals, and Saigeon with 2 assists.

2 periods to go, though--let's hope the IceDogs don't come out aggressive in the 2nd period..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Saigeon's added a goal, Strome another assist, and the Bulldogs have a 3-1 lead after 2. Let's hope Hamilton can hang on and get a much needed win.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Yes you can’t win in the penalty box season series even at a game each good luck tomorrow against Peterborough.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
.And a strong game for the Bulldogs, as they win 5-2 vs. the IceDogs--the K-9 Cup is now tied at 1 apiece.

Bulldogs went 2/8 on the PP, as Niagara made a steady march to the penalty box, with Strome and Saigeon picking up goals on the PP.

Zachary Roy made 31 saves in the victory--

Saigeon 1G 2A
Strome 1G 2A
Entwistle 2G
Kaliyev 1G, 1A

Petes come into town tomorrow, as the Bulldogs look to make it a 2 of 3 weekend and get back above water in the race (pending Colts and Battalion games).

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Division you mean--Ottawa 67s are leading the conference by a mile (19 straight games with a point, BTW).

Bulldogs desperately need a win tonight--North Bay is pulling away in the standings (3 points up on the Bulldogs now), and we're only a few weeks till the trade freeze. Bulldogs need to make a run--otherwise it'll be an easy decision for Staios to blow up the roster for picks/young players.

No, I mean that once the playoffs roll around they have a shot at representing the conference. Everybody talks about Robertson being a huge add for them, but Paquette is important too. Niagara has a mobile, but fairly small defence and Paquette helps them huge.

They won't be going anywhere if they continue to take dumb penalties like they did today though.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs up 3-2 after 2 periods--Mutter with another goal, Entwistle and Mattinen also adding a goal, Kaliyev with 2 assists.

Bulldogs have badly outshot the Petes.. now let's see what happens in the 3rd. Bulldogs need a 2/3 weekend to try to get back in the mix.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs defense collapses yet again and Zachary Roy struggles in the 3rd period, and the Bulldogs lose big, 6-3 to the Petes.

Max Grondin got a hat trick.. and led the charge against the Bulldogs.

That 3rd period was absolutely brutal.. with Roy giving up 4 goals on just 11 shots.

What the heck happened?

Next up, the Fish (in Missy), Windsor,and Round 3 of the K-9 Cup vs. Niagara--but how much longer can Staios wait for this team to start winning before he begins a selloff? Except for North Bay, most of the East is starting to pull away in the race--I'm betting 1-2 more weeks before Staios nukes the roster, especially with the trade freeze coming up.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Roy was bad today. 3 games in 3 days looked like it took its toll in the 3rd period on Hamilton.

First goal was a softie, second goal Landry took a horrible angle and it caused a breakaway. That goal late in the second period changed the game. They had nothing left in the 3rd period.

Nice to see they have tried to spread the offense out a bit over 3 lines. Mutter with a few goals since being moved onto a line with Entwistle and Saigeon.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Any idea when Logan Morrison will return? He's missed a month--combined with injuries to Renwick and Jenkins, Bulldogs are losing a lot of development time for 3 of their 16-year old rookies.. especially with the team's roster set to be gutted in the coming weeks.

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Any idea when Logan Morrison will return? He's missed a month--combined with injuries to Renwick and Jenkins, Bulldogs are losing a lot of development time for 3 of their 16-year old rookies.. especially with the team's roster set to be gutted in the coming weeks.
I think I heard yesterday that Renwick was a healthy scratch on the broadcast but I could be wrong

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Three game stretch coming up, anyone making the trip out to Missy?
I probably won't be, I still have yet to go to an away game in the past two seasons. I am kind of disappointed because it doesn't look like it will be on TV either tonight. That's the second game this year without a TV broadcast. Now that I think about it it might have been another Mississauga game earlier this year that wasn't on tv

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Mississauga doesn't have a broadcast partner. So no one films the games. Therefore the local channels cant broadcast it.

Rogers bailed on Mississauga, closed their office here during the spring of 2017. Humber College had been picking up some broadcasts at some point last season, had not heard what was happening this season as I go to the home games.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Last year Cable 14 traveled to broadcast Hamilton's games in Mississauaga but they didn't a few weeks ago when Hamilton traveled there (probably budget reasons). Not sure which radio station Stew Kernan will be calling the game on tonight but it's usually TSN1150. The last time they were in Mississauga it was on Funny 820am.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The last time they were in Mississauga it was on Funny 820am.

Are you joking? All kidding aside I would never have looked there. I usually catch some of your pre game show on 1150 when Ham and Missy play. At least this year Missy does have it's own pre game show on a new Mississauga/Peel based station but it is only 15 min before the game.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Are you joking? All kidding aside I would never have looked there. I usually catch some of your pre game show on 1150 when Ham and Missy play. At least this year Missy does have it's own pre game show on a new Mississauga/Peel based station but it is only 15 min before the game.
Lol. Yeah there must have been something else already slotted in on TSN that Stew or the Bulldogs had to find another station to broadcast the game live. I believe it's only happened a handful of times that they've had to do that.

In the meantime, Stew just posted a little while ago that the game is on TSN1150 tonight. Pre-game starts at 6:30.

Reactions: Rounder8

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Donofrio starting (due to 3 in 3 weekend), Renwick still not in the lineup (healthy scratch), and the Bulldogs lead 2-0 after 1, with Saigeon and Kaliyev with goals.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Is it confirmed that Renwick is a healthy scratch and not injured? Seems very weird to me.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
4-2 Bulldogs after 2--it's been a strong night for Saigeon, Kaliyev and Strome, and Donofrio has had little work as the Fish seem unprepared tonight..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad