Friedman: Hall Willing to Take a Short Term Deal [Hall Megathread] (Mod reminder #923)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If Hall was good he'd be signed by now. He should accept whatever Col offers.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like the addition of Smith but I don’t know...

1st line is amazing
2nd line is okayish:
  • Debrusk is a solid player
  • Krejci is ok. Similar to us with Danault that most call a 3C (I think he’s a 2C)
  • Kase is unreliable due to be injury prone.
Bottom 6 outside of Coyle & Smith is suspect.
LD is suspect
RD is good

Prospect pool is the definition of vanilla

Hall Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Kase
DeBrusk Coyle Smith
Kuraly Studnicka Bjork

I think you are smoking something.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I like the addition of Smith but I don’t know...

1st line is amazing
2nd line is okayish:
  • Debrusk is a solid player
  • Krejci is ok. Similar to us with Danault that most call a 3C (I think he’s a 2C)
  • Kase is unreliable due to be injury prone.
Bottom 6 outside of Coyle & Smith is suspect.
LD is suspect
RD is good

Prospect pool is the definition of vanilla
I see. Well, they certainly lacked finish in the conference semifinal, but I think either of the big name UFAs would turn things around for them for at least 2-3 years considering what they've got in McAvoy and Pastrnak. I guess they also have questions to answer in net. We'll see.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How is Rask done? And losing Krug isn't as big of a deal as people on the outside make it seem. They also have very good center depth despite their age and Studnika is arguably one of the better center prospects out there.
Didn't the Bruins ask him for his choices of teams to go to? Seems like they have moved on from him, right or wrong.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I also think that it would help both sides. It would give Jack help, and hopefully set up a winning foundation and hit the playoffs while Hall is here and then once he hits UFA again, some of our younger players might be ready to take that spot, or maybe players would want to come here by that point. Idk just a thought. I do think if he wants a short term deal and to bet on himself like dredger said, it would be a good fit
I get your line of thinking but Hall has two options he is considering cash out now or playing for a cup. Believe me I want Buffalo to get back on track also but honestly they are a goalie and a couple more years away from the young guys being able to make the leap back. There have been so many mistakes made since this rebuild started it sometimes seems there is no end. 3 GM's and countless coaches have been a crippling effect. Changing direction over and over. There is a reason Jack has been concerned to say the least with the direction of the organization.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He only finished 2nd in Vezina instead of 1st. Rask is done.

i think there are legit questions about his commitment to playing past his contract.

he has had 2 LOA. He has said he doesn’t know if he will re sign.

if you are hall. That has to play into your mind right?

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Didn't the Bruins ask him for his choices of teams to go to? Seems like they have moved on from him, right or wrong.

That was the rumor but Sweeney said days later that "he's a part of the future moving forward" so I think they were just exploring options if they were true. Chances are he comes back and will likely continue to be a top puck stopper for at least a few years, even if not in a Bruins jersey.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hall Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Kase
DeBrusk Coyle Smith
Kuraly Studnicka Bjork

I think you are smoking something.

So you decided to break the 1st line to fit Hall, ok I get it. Tell me how this group plans to be legit contenders in 2-3 years, let alone next year?

I assume you didn’t post the D-corp because outside of McAvoy & Carlo, there isn’t much to see there.

As I said, this team is ok. I just can’t grasp how some of you say things : if he wants a cup, Boston is the only choice. I mean really?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
How is Rask done? And losing Krug isn't as big of a deal as people on the outside make it seem. They also have very good center depth despite their age and Studnika is arguably one of the better center prospects out there.
Rask and Krejci both came out previously saying their current deals will be their last.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
So you decided to break the 1st line to fit Hall, ok I get it. Tell me how this group plans to be legit contenders in 2-3 years, let alone next year?

I assume you didn’t post the D-corp because outside of McAvoy & Carlo, there isn’t much to see there.

As I said, this team is ok. I just can’t grasp how some of you say things : if he wants a cup, Boston is the only choice. I mean really?

Well, Habs is a team that's actually on the way up.

With the Bruins he may have 1 or 2 more chances. But with the Canadiens, if he signs long term, he may have more.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Rask and Krejci both came out previously saying their current deals will be their last.

Haven't heard any such thing besides the media taking words out of their mouth. If you have a confirmation link that'd be great.

If they were both done after this year, Boston would have either went ALL in or out by now and they haven't.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yeah most of the best ones didnt. Hall, Pietrangelo, Dadonov, Toffoli, Hoffman are still unsigned. Are they bad players?

Petro in my opinion is waiting for

1.) cap clearing
2.) tampering.

he has made his call. He made it weeks ago.

hall is holding things up. He is making his decision. But it’s not at all just the removal of the courting period. The league went without it for years and players signed July 1

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
It doesn’t have anything with me being a Habs fan, but am I the only that doesn’t see the Bruins as legit contenders anymore?

Good team but very middle of the pack team going forward.
presidents trophy winning team and now they are no longer contenders. take off those glasses they are blurring your vision. this team will retool now and be right back in the hunt for lord stanley for the
next few years at least. losing krug hurts only a bit, they have replaceable players on the roster already to take his spot.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
link please. tuukka already has said multiple time he is not thinking of retirement or past his current deal. he has said and its been linked to the article he is not worried
about it and is playing out this contract and it will sort itself out. Never said he was retiring never said he was leaving after this contract. Krejci has never said anything
regarding his future too. Fake News...hahah

Tuukka Rask Shuts Down Early Retirement Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Parker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad