Friedman: Hall Willing to Take a Short Term Deal [Hall Megathread] (Mod reminder #923)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If Hall wants a cup he chooses Boston, simple as that.
I don't think Boston has the defense of a cup winner anymore. On top of that Krejci and Rask will leave after this season, Boston is a one year window. They've already devolved into a one-line team. Losing Krug will cost them likely double digit points over the course of a season as they'll lose out on a crapton of PP points--which will in turn lower the totals of the Pasta line. I believe Boston will be able to retool over the course of the next two seasons, but does Hall want to waste two years of his career in that? Montreal's got objectively a much stronger prospect pool than Boston on top of a younger core that is going "all in" for the next 4-5 years at least.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Habs can front load big money also.....15M up front, the first 2 seasons might do it?
They usually just get used as leverage, and then the ufa signs elsewhere, so let's see where this goes...
I don’t see Hall doing well in Montreal. Hall needs to be like Kessel was in Pittsburgh - not “the guy”. A team that has Hall as “the guy” will do poorly. Surely he wants to get paid, so he will choose the most money, but he should choose Boston.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I don’t see Hall doing well in Montreal. Hall needs to be like Kessel was in Pittsburgh - not “the guy”. A team that has Hall as “the guy” will do poorly. Surely he wants to get paid, so he will choose the most money, but he should choose Boston.

who will Hall play with in Boston? They won’t break up the Bergeron line right ?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
who will Hall play with in Boston? They won’t break up the Bergeron line right ?
The key is in Boston Hall is not going to be the “go to guy”. In Montreal he’d be their top forward. That’s bad news for the Habs.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

i would assume he plays with Krejci. Does it really matter though? Their center depth is quite nice and knowing Boston they’ll be rotating wingers right up through to the final buzzer anyway

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It doesn’t have anything with me being a Habs fan, but am I the only that doesn’t see the Bruins as legit contenders anymore?

Good team but very middle of the pack team.

theyll still be near the top of the East. That’s enough for me

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
3 years x $7.5 million with Carolina is what I'd like to see. Then the Canes need to find a taker for Gardiner and one of Niederreiter or Dzingle. Pay to dump them if necessary.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
It doesn’t have anything with me being a Habs fan, but am I the only that doesn’t see the Bruins as legit contenders anymore?

Good team but very middle of the pack team going forward.
How do you personally define contender? Not only is there the usual question of who is injured come playoffs time, but there are still balls in the air right now that determine what they look like going into the season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What if Hall just goes to whomever offers the most dollars, and doesn’t choose the best opportunity to win? Could he choose Buffalo?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Colorado could still fit him in, theoretically. It’s going to depend on if they see Saad as a rental, or someone they want to keep. Have to think they’re out on Hall, but never doubt Sakic.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
What if Hall just goes to whomever offers the most dollars, and doesn’t choose the best opportunity to win? Could he choose Buffalo?

buffalo is not as bad as people make it seem. They’re just super inconsistent. He’d get to play with the best C out of any other team. And if he wants a short term deal? Yeah it’s probably the best fit. He can inflate his stats with Eichel and then hit UFA again afterwards

Not best C in the league, but probably out of the teams in on hall if Colorado isn’t in play anymore

Reactions: Luckylarry

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

i mean it’s possible. That’s not at all what hall was saying all year. He wants to be on a consistent contender and to win.

but who knows. Who thought Krug was going to stl?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
i see col,nash, mtl.

Boston ? They are done, no krug, chara, and Rask, their 3 first round pick were busts and no centers whats so ever in their pipeline, not even a future 2c. I DONT see Hall going there when their window is done.

MTL, NASH, COL window is opening now (col-mtl-nash in order)

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
How do you personally define contender? Not only is there the usual question of who is injured come playoffs time, but there are still balls in the air right now that determine what they look like going into the season.

I like the addition of Smith but I don’t know...

1st line is amazing
2nd line is okayish:
  • Debrusk is a solid player
  • Krejci is ok. Similar to us with Danault that most call a 3C (I think he’s a 2C)
  • Kase is unreliable due to be injury prone.
Bottom 6 outside of Coyle & Smith is suspect.
LD is suspect
RD is good

Prospect pool is the definition of vanilla

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
i see col,nash, mtl.

Boston ? They are done, no krug, chara, and Rask, their 3 first round pick were busts and no centers whats so ever in their pipeline, not even a future 2c. I DONT see Hall going there when their window is done.

Chara was toast anyways, Krug 30 yo no defense guy that gets manhandled in the playoffs. As far as no centers in the pipeline Studnicka is going to surprise a lot of people. He's a natural center that already play very good defense and was not intimidated in the PO/bubble. He generated a lot of good chances that other Bruins couldn't finish. So wishful thinking on your part.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
buffalo is not as bad as people make it seem. They’re just super inconsistent. He’d get to play with the best C out of any other team. And if he wants a short term deal? Yeah it’s probably the best fit. He can inflate his stats with Eichel and then hit UFA again afterwards

Not best C in the league, but probably out of the teams in on hall if Colorado isn’t in play anymore
A 29 or 30 year old UFA will not receive the cash a 28 year old does, if that is his motivation He signs long term with someone else. He could help Buffalo but thats not Buffalos biggest issue now. They have a couple forwards that need to be gone Okposo primarily then shed Hutton and get a legit starter unless Ullmark is ready to be that. The young guys on defense are a year older and getting better and the forwards need Goalafson to stay healthy and Skinner to well be the Skinner of 18-19 not what was out there last year. Skinners drop in production and Olofssons injury derailed last year. Staal will help the 2nd line

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
A 29 or 30 year old UFA will not receive the cash a 28 year old does, if that is his motivation He signs long term with someone else. He could help Buffalo but thats not Buffalos biggest issue now. They have a couple forwards that need to be gone Okposo primarily then shed Hutton and get a legit starter unless Ullmark is ready to be that. The young guys on defense are a year older and getting better and the forwards need Goalafson to stay healthy and Skinner to well be the Skinner of 18-19 not what was out there last year. Skinners drop in production and Olofssons injury derailed last year. Staal will help the 2nd line

Yes I know it’s not buffalo biggest need nor do I want him. I just have a feeling pegula is putting all his eggs in one basket. It’s been reported he could take a short term deal and hit UFA again, so that’s not just me thinking. If he wants to bet on himself and take a short term deal, Buffalo would be the best choice. You’re right we definitley need a goalie upgrade, but we aren’t as far off as people think. Definitley not a bottom 5 roster. Just way too inconsistent at times

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario

I also think that it would help both sides. It would give Jack help, and hopefully set up a winning foundation and hit the playoffs while Hall is here and then once he hits UFA again, some of our younger players might be ready to take that spot, or maybe players would want to come here by that point. Idk just a thought. I do think if he wants a short term deal and to bet on himself like dredger said, it would be a good fit

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
i see col,nash, mtl.

Where did Rask go? You are really underselling Studnicka to an lol level.

They will miss Chara (who still might be back) and Krug on special teams, but at 5 on 5? Chara was like a 40 Corsi guy away from McAvoy. McAvoy carried him around. And with Krug gone, McAvoy won’t have to be buried. You are way off buddy.

Reactions: Skelen

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
i see col,nash, mtl.

How is Rask done? And losing Krug isn't as big of a deal as people on the outside make it seem. They also have very good center depth despite their age and Studnika is arguably one of the better center prospects out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad