Friedman: Hall Willing to Take a Short Term Deal [Hall Megathread] (Mod reminder #923)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Question for Boston fans: Has Jeremy Jacobs mentioned anything about a spending limit? I know a lot of people in Buffalo have lost their jobs, due to him laying them off. It just seem strange for to be so tight on spending in one area, and then spending out of control in another area.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Rask just few days ago said he wants to keep playing

he has said different things at different times. Who knows what that means or where.

the question is..... would hall bet his career on it?

who knows.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
The best spot for hall would be Colorado. The chance to play with mackinnon, rantanen and makar is too good to pass up

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Question for Boston fans: Has Jeremy Jacobs mentioned anything about a spending limit? I know a lot of people in Buffalo have lost their jobs, due to him laying them off. It just seem strange for to be so tight on spending in one area, and then spending out of control in another area.

A big part of Jacobs wealth is in travel and tourism

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Rask and Krejci both came out previously saying their current deals will be their last.
No End in Sight?

Krejci will be an unrestricted free agent following the 2020-21 season, which will wrap up the six-year, $43.5 million contract he signed in 2014. And the pivot made it clear on Monday afternoon that he has no plans to retire when that deal expires next summer.
"We'll see [what the future holds]. I'm not planning on retiring, that's for sure," said Krejci, who will be 35 at the end of the deal. "I'm gonna play after that. What's gonna happen I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens after next year. But definitely not planning on going into the next season as it being my last."

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No End in Sight?

Krejci will be an unrestricted free agent following the 2020-21 season, which will wrap up the six-year, $43.5 million contract he signed in 2014. And the pivot made it clear on Monday afternoon that he has no plans to retire when that deal expires next summer.
"We'll see [what the future holds]. I'm not planning on retiring, that's for sure," said Krejci, who will be 35 at the end of the deal. "I'm gonna play after that. What's gonna happen I don't know, I guess we'll see what happens after next year. But definitely not planning on going into the next season as it being my last."
Previously Krejci said he'd be going back to play for his hometown after this deal. We'll see, he's already started declining.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Columbus goong hard after Hall, but I dont think he wants to play there. Its his first time to be free to choose where to play.

Very enrertaining if Hall ends up Bruins. That would just confirm that Edmonton should have chosed Seguin (wich they should), and Bruin should have chosed Hall.

This is false, and you're wrong. Their GM actually went on video and met the media to say that they are out on Hall.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I counter with CBJ. If the Koivu signing help Jarmo get Granlund and suddenly Hall decided to go there, they would be a contender.

They could ice:

Hall - PLD - Atkinson
Granlund - Domi - Björkstrand
Foligno - Koivu - Nyqvist
Nash - Jenner - Texier

Jones - Savard
Werenski - Gavrikov
Doesnt matter - Doesnt matter

Merzlikins
Korpisalo

This should be a Top3 team in the league easily. They actually have the cap-space to do it when Dubinsky sits on LTIR

Except for you know, their GM telling us that they are not in on Hall.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Rask and Krejci both came out previously saying their current deals will be their last.

You were misinformed: Bruins' David Krejci Has No Plans To Retire Once Contract Is Up In 2021 - NESN.com

“I’m not planning on retiring, that’s for sure,” Krejci said. “I want to play after that, how long or what’s going to happen I don’t know. I guess we’ll see what happens after next year. But definitely not planning on going into the next season with it being my last.”

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sabres were reported as one of ten teams presenting proposals. Hall has spoken about how much he loved Krueger. He would slot in beside Eichel which could boost his stats on a short team deal. Pegula's jet was tracked going to Kingston yesterday and scheduled to go from Kingston-Buffalo today. Pegula has been known to throw silly money at free agents before.

I think there is lots of reasons why Hall would not want to play in Buffalo but they sure might still be in the running.

That would make Eichel happy to. Makes sense if he was interested like you are claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad