3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Why do I keep reading this? One of the beautiful things about hockey is that the game is policed by the players. I don't lose my mind at Marchand when he licks Callahan or when Wilson pulverizes Panrain. I'm mad at the Rangers for not imposing retribution. If youre getting bullied... you don't cry to the bully.
Couldn't agree more. What "should" be taken out of this game from the NHL are better distribution of penalty minutes. I'm speaking of Trouba continuously having to defend himself, which in itself is FINE. But like Micheletti stated he shouldn't get ANY penalty minutes. 2 for roughing and 2 for instigating for Bastian. What did Trouba do wrong? He avoided a possible altercation as best he could. When "enough was enough" he had to pummel him. Why not? He was going to get 5 regardless, right?
Point is.....4 minutes might minimize this in the future. Trouba would be a great weapon in that regard, drawing penalties and would lend for just a little bit more physicality, that the NHL has gotten away from and "FOR ME" drew me in as a fan, back when rivalries were all about kicking each other's asses.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The part I don’t like about Rempe’s hit is Bastian never truly had possession of the puck. The puck was whipped up the boards and deflected by Edstrom or whoever it was and Bastian never had the puck on his stick. This wasn’t a situation where Bastian is skating down the ice with his head down without paying attention. Those are on the player. This play happens often along the boards and players are in a vulnerable position. I think it’s reasonable for a player to not expect a huge hit in that situation.

I think The “kEeP yOuR hEaD uP” crowd are pretty ridiculous here. I won’t be surprised if Rempe gets 3+ games. If the kid picks his spots I think he’s can have a huge impact especially in the playoffs when things are more physical. You can tell the Devils were rattled after that hit and never recovered.
He put himself in a vulnerable position with his head down. The puck was there and he was playing it. He was eligible to be hit. He’s apparently prone to it as he got nailed by Trouba later WITH HIS HEAD DOWN AGAIN. Lindgren does this same shit, puts himself in vulnerable positions. You do that you WILL get smoked. If putting your head down makes you ineligible for a hard hit, everyone will just start skating with their heads down. Wont that make for a great game. If you like the Ice Capades.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m sorry but reading comments it’s like there’s an imagined segment of the fans that argue that there was no penalty. No one argues that and further pretty much everyone agrees that it did warranted a major. But beyond this? There’s no telltale of any action by Rempe that could be used to make it a suspendible offense.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If that game ended the Devils season yesterday, that was glorious. If somehow this version of the Devils sneak into the playoffs, not sure we should worry about them like we did at the start of the year. The good Hughes is clearly hurt. The bad Hughes was REALLY bad. Timo wasn't noticeable. There are gonna be a lot of surgeries for Devils players as soon as their season ends. They aren't right at the moment. That's clear.
I caught NHL tonight, as they were evaluating the game. They nailed "their vets" as in Timo Meier and Andrej Palat saying "where were they"? WHO exactly is stepping up and saying "this cannot happen"!
It's wild how many OT points BOS has.
I like our record better. Isn't it preferable that you have 4 more legit wins and 4 more legit losses, than 8 more "losses" in which Boston has left the ice "losing the game" yet come away with 8 pts.?

We'd be more livid that the team didn't score on either the major or double minor.

Double pissed off that it took the Devils just 4 seconds to score on theirs.
Yeah, haha. Was thinking that game time. We scored in 4 or 5 seconds whereas the Devils couldn't do that in 5 minutes! Spoke volumes.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I’m sorry but reading comments it’s like there’s an imagined segment of the fans that argue that there was no penalty. No one argues that and further pretty much everyone agrees that it did warranted a major. But beyond this? There’s no telltale of any action by Rempe that could be used to make it a suspendible offense.
It was definitely a penalty, I’m still unsure if it should have been a major by the rules. It definitely wasn’t a match penalty though.

It was an unfortunate situation where bastian had his head down and was hunched over. These things happen in a split second, if rempe is a second earlier bastian has his head up. And then we aren’t even discussing if it’s a penalty or not

Reactions: bhamill

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I like our record better. Isn't it preferable that you have 4 more legit wins and 4 more legit losses, than 8 more "losses" in which Boston has left the ice "losing the game" yet come away with 8 pts.?
Yes, the NHL agrees too as that's the first tie breaker I believe (ROW)

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

So the head butt is less severe than a punch? So you don't get in trouble? Isn't it more painful than bruised knuckles?o_O:fence:

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
The hits were totally different.

Trouba didn’t sprint 20 feet before landing his shot. Had Rempe just lined up Bastian and smoked him with his head down he doesn’t get tossed.
Trouba came direct off the bench and came from an angle lol. It was clean though. Rempe GLIDED he wasnt even in stride, he pulled up he couldve charged if he wanted. Clean. Your username still cracks me up

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Again, if you can't make the check to the body, don't make the check. Checking a player flush in the head is not acceptable. It's pretty simple.
Cool, so if im a player why shouldnt I skate head buried straight in the defensive zone? Your proposal is no one can touch that player. “No my proposal is they skate to the side of him and hope he doesnt get ahead of them and then the defender can push him.

Hockey, not golf. Pretty simple

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Cool, so if im a player why shouldnt I skate head buried straight in the defensive zone? Your proposal is no one can touch that player. “No my proposal is they skate to the side of him and hope he doesnt get ahead of them and then the defender can push him.

Hockey, not golf. Pretty simple
You can hit those guys, just don't hit them primarily in the head. League doesn't care if you blow up a guy who wasn't looking as long as your hit was mainly through their body and not the head

This is just how the league looks at stuff these days.

CLEANNNN. Mannnn tomorrow rangers flyers is appointment television. Rempe vs reaves next saturday will be electric
lol why so we can watch Reaves try to catch anyone and then make a big show about him trying to wrestle Rempe and not get punched in the head

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You can hit those guys, just don't hit them primarily in the head. League doesn't care if you blow up a guy who wasn't looking as long as your hit was mainly through their body and not the head

This is just how the league looks at stuff these days.

lol why so we can watch Reaves try to catch anyone and then make a big show about him trying to wrestle Rempe and not get punched in the head
It's going to be a challenge for him. People's heads are what his body lines up with. He's gonna have to crouch down.

Crouching Rempe Hidden Edstrom

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We'd be peachy with not scoring a goal on the man advantage for 9 minutes, or all the other PPs?

How about someone doing that to one of our players, player comes back into the game, gets laid out again, and no one else stands up for that player and instead that player has to take matters into their own hands?

Even with the penalties taken, they were playing undisciplined. That would have been exacerbated if the Devils actually converted.
Exacerbated, but if the hit was reversed, this thread would be venomous.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Exacerbated, but if the hit was reversed, this thread would be venomous.

Which goes back to what I initially said!

We'd be pissed off, but add in an inept PP for almost half-a-period, the injured player getting hit again and no one backing him up, a PK that allows a PPG in literally seconds.

We'd have more posts saying Mika and Kreider continue to be dead weight on the PP, a bipolar PK, and Trouba being an inept coward.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
1708713563507.png

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It literally is when it comes to tie breakers.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Cool, so if im a player why shouldnt I skate head buried straight in the defensive zone?

Because it's better to skate with your head up? You see what's going on? Make better plays? Less likely to get hurt?

Your proposal is no one can touch that player.

Uhm, you can touch players with their head extended forward or looking down. Just don't check them in the head.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Devils are finding out that it is a lot harder to be good when everyone expects you to be good. Hard to win games when everybody brings their best against you every night.

They still have talent they just may need this year as a reset.
Expected a "down year" like you stated the reason, but last year's 7 game series shouldn't have been a case where the Rangers underestimated them. They were what they were.......a good team. We were simply that bad. I'm still pissed, but they're making me forget that......almost, Mr. Almost.
Devils looked totally ineffective on their power play. strange. How often do you see a team kill off a major & a double minor?
Brings me to my other suggestion.
We kill off a 5 minute PP. The Devils go down as 0-1 on that attempt. Shouldn't it at least be
0-2? Shouldn't the Rangers get credit for killing off 2 penalties?
Yes, the NHL agrees too as that's the first tie breaker I believe (ROW)
I'm also thinking about it from the emotional side of things. Shouldn't the Bruins be waltzing off the ice "feeling like losers" even though they gained a point? Each game (O.T. loss) is it's own entity. If down a goal late and score to tie, then still lose in OT, then maybe they feel like they stole a point. Other way around, all bets are off.
We've won 4 of those 8, I'd rther have that then the Bruins 8, haha let alone what the Isles are doing.

It literally is when it comes to tie breakers.
Like your bowling shoes. Wanna get back to where I left off with a 185 average. Could be a lot better.

Reactions: MrAlmost and romba

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Shouldn't the Bruins be waltzing off the ice "feeling like losers" even though they gained a point?
For a team like Boston, veteran led team, I don't think they particularly care too much how the regular season goes. They are in Cup or failure territory.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Because it's better to skate with your head up? You see what's going on? Make better plays? Less likely to get hurt?

Uhm, you can touch players with their head extended forward or looking down. Just don't check them in the head.
So if theyre skating head down hunched forward directly into you then you… slide like youre stealing second? Youve never played the game, that much is obvious

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm interested to see Valiquette's numbers.

I know the special teams sample kind of mucks things up but I think the MSG crew are absolutely hallucinating up there saying Igor had an easy night.
IMG_6847.jpeg

Looks like the Devils outdid us low % shots. Considering the score for 1/3 of the game and the powerplay time on ice differential (we scored like 5 seconds into one of ours). The game is pretty damn close to even using Vali’s numbers. We just finished better and had better goaltending.

Reactions: kovazub94 and romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad