Post-Game Talk: Hail Stan

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Biz and Whitney were on the side of the Rangers hitting game last night. Rangers caught a lot of eyes last night in a different sense.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
View attachment 824316

Looks like the Devils outdid us low % shots. Considering the score for 1/3 of the game and the powerplay time on ice differential (we scored like 5 seconds into one of ours). The game is pretty damn close to even using Vali’s numbers. We just finished better and had better goaltending.
Yeah "pretty damn close" I'm on board with.

Joe was talking like we ran them out of the building.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don’t have a lot of use for rempe. Fun having him out there for now but he’s not a player.
I'm not sure we've seen enough of him out there to know that yet. He seems to do a decent job forechecking but dunno if he can keep the cycle going well enough yet.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
You can hit those guys, just don't hit them primarily in the head. League doesn't care if you blow up a guy who wasn't looking as long as your hit was mainly through their body and not the head

This is just how the league looks at stuff these days.

lol why so we can watch Reaves try to catch anyone and then make a big show about him trying to wrestle Rempe and not get punched in the head
Rempe’s hit WAS through the body it’s just that Bastian was leading with his head. Rempe put his whole body on Bastian’s whole body. It wasnt just some head shot. Thats the point. No one is arguing you should just be allowed to target someone’s head because they are hunched over, it was body on body.
So you’re saying you can’t hit a guy if you can’t avoid his head, which he is leading with… it’s a license for players to just skate head first, head down and they are basically untouchable.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I didnt vote for shesty.

I voted laf, panarin, trocheck… that line was amazing all night.

Shesty would be #4. He really wasnt tested most of the game. Alot of very easy saves. He was good, but others i felt were more deserving

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
1708729901052.png
1708729942678.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This reminds me of that time we beat the Predators like 7-0 or whatever it was and they beat us in xG and everyone was like "HURPA DURRRR *chortle* STATTZZZ SUX!!!"

Nobody is saying you can't enjoy a game we won by a lot of goals.

Your enjoyment of the game does not mean you get to say "well, we should never take stats seriously because of my emotions."

Reactions: mas0764

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This also reminds me of the Carolina game that we lost 6-1 after they scored 6 goals on 6 decent chances the whole game.

That was one of the most toxic GDT/PGT's of the year and I maintain that we played well in that game.

So it's not about negativity.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This reminds me of that time we beat the Predators like 7-0 or whatever it was and they beat us in xG and everyone was like "HURPA DURRRR *chortle* STATTZZZ SUX!!!"

Nobody is saying you can't enjoy a game we won by a lot of goals.

Your enjoyment of the game does not mean you get to say "well, we should never take stats seriously because of my emotions."
And rightly so. That was a beatdown and once again the "deserve to win meter" was absolute trash.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
And rightly so. That was a beatdown and once again the "deserve to win meter" was absolute trash.
I think the point is that on outlier games like winning 7-0 but losing the xG means that if the team plays the same way for 10 games they would lose like 6 out of 10 times. There's still 4 wins in that stat, which that Nashville game was.

Devils had some decent chances, Igor was good on them. The difference was that the Rangers capitalized on their chances AND they capitalized on some broken plays via bad goaltending and defense. Mika's goal was a brain fart on NJD's part, Laf's first was a terrible defensive f'up. I liked NYR's energy, I want to see that against every team.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We scored on six consecutive shot attempts in that game. That's literally one in a million. You'll win the lottery before you see that again. Why is it such a crazy notion that sometimes every chance goes in? (Or doesn't)

Again, nobody is saying you have to be grumpy after a big win. All I'm saying is that one result doesn't devalue statistics as a practice, and I don't care what happened.

I didn't bring it up to say we played a bad game. Other people brought it up just to say "lol at math" because they're still mad some of their favorites weren't that good.

It's so exhausting that we have to have this stupid f***ing referendum on analytics every time we score 5 goals on 6 chances.

It's been proven right way more than it's been proven wrong but nobody is interested in that.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Would love to know the rate of games that are high scoring and lopsided that are lucky for the winning team vs in line with xg.

Meaning, how many laughers are truly dominant wins rather than goof ball play.

Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad