Player Discussion Had Pettersson Regressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
As someone said in the GDT
He looks out of shape, by that i dont mean overweight, his entire bodywork just looks off to the point where he kept bubbling simple passes

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
and he didn’t look too good last season either.
We should trade this $8M dollar player for a productive hockey player. Horvat and Miller are 1-2C. Let's trade Pettersson for an elite defence.

What can you do with a 6'2, 150 lb centre? I never heard of a player that small in my entire life.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
As someone said in the GDT
He looks out of shape, by that i dont mean overweight, his entire bodywork just looks off to the point where he kept bubbling simple passes

nah it looks more than just out of shape, he has no confidence and just doesn’t look like the player in his rookie year. It’s concerning for sure

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
nah it looks more than just out of shape, he has no confidence and just doesn’t look like the player in his rookie year. It’s concerning for sure
I remember he look off to start his second season too, until he got a couple PP goals that really kicked off his engine

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Im done defending him here cause his on ice play will tell the full story
One last thing i will say is, all these hot takes sound realyl similar to all the Hughes bashing comments from last season.

Be patient, you always bet on elite talents,

Reactions: Indiana

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Im done defending him here cause his on ice play will tell the full story
One last thing i will say is, all these hot takes sound realyl similar to all the Hughes bashing comments from last season.

Be patient, you always bet on elite talents,

but that’s been the problem…

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Take Pettersson off the wall on the PP and put him at the blueline with Hughes.

How many times now over the past two seasons does this happen:

Miller passes back to Hughes, swings it over to Pettersson, has no time/room to one time it. Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: B-rock

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Gotta give him another week or so to get back to speed. He's missed a lot of hockey over the last 18 months.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Bridge deal looking good now with this trash effort.

more maybe looking bad when he holds out again and looks terrible to start another contract

yea I was never a fan of a long term deal for him, he still had so much to prove. I can’t believe he was holding out for 10 million and decides to play like this.

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Petey's over thinking the game it's why he is hesitating on some of his passes and shots. Having the world's dumbest coach doesn't help either.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Bridge deal looking good now with this trash effort.

Or maybe looking bad when he holds out again and looks terrible to start another contract
If he is still this bad throughout the whole year I say trade him with 2 years left so its at least somewhat enticing to another team.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Lol you guys are hilarious. He was his old self last year before he was injured. He’ll need more games before he gets his mojo back.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Petey's over thinking the game it's why he is hesitating on some of his passes and shots. Having the world's dumbest coach doesn't help either.

Green has been a big problem for the team and needs to go but he’s not the reason for Pettersson garbage play, that’s all on Pettersson. Pettersson is being gifted the chances to get on track and he’s not preforming. I hope he comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad