Player Discussion Had Pettersson Regressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He just needs to get his swagger back.

Reminds me of Miller in the same sense.
Definitely agree with you. I think the way to do that is to play the Lotto Line and let them marinade together for a few games. Stop throwing Miller at 3C - these guys had swagger together and I think they will jumpstart eachother's confidence again

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
He missed all of camp. I know the "experts" were like "Aw, it doesn't really mean anything or have any effect, these young kids are in way better shape these days than in the old days. They get going after a couple days back in the muck."

Well, if that were actually true, there would be no reason to even have training camp at all, would there? Clearly it's effected Petey, and we should expect it. The likelihood of him having a bad start to the season should not have been in question after coming off a serious injury and all that contract nonsense keeping him off the team.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
4 games too early. let it hit the 20 game mark, then we should be worried. missed training camp. injured all of last season. let petterson figure it out on his own. but i agree he needs to move his feet more and not stay stationary.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'll reserve judgment until after the ten game point. He missed training camp and though athletes are in shape year round now compared to before they still need to get back their timing. He seems to be lagging and to me that shows he's a step behind yet. If he's still like this after ten games though yes I'm worried.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Personally I think on the PP he should QB it from the half wall like Henrik used to. It will get him and the whole unit moving an the One T will open up organically. I find a lot of the issues to be coaching.

Reactions: Regal

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
His best season was his rookie season, then he became cocky and easily frustrated.

Reactions: Bobby9

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
His best season was his rookie season, then he became cocky and easily frustrated.

hughes’ best season also was his rookie season, then he became predictable and easily overwhelmed

boeser’s best season also was his rookie season, then he became emo and prone to his confidence falling apart

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I think losing Tanev and Toffoli also sent the players in a anti management mentality that a few may still be stuck in which is showing in their play.

Some of them don't look like they're enjoying themselves.

E40

Nov 18, 2018
I noticed he tries to play Mcdavid style, zoom his way through and split the D. unfortunately that’s not his strength to go one on two and be successful.

He was his greatest at Gretzky style plays, superior anticipation and getting to the puck in broken plays and great timing and throwing off the opposition then making magic happen

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
I noticed he tries to play Mcdavid style, zoom his way through and split the D. unfortunately that’s not his strength to go one on two and be successful.

He was his greatest at Gretzky style plays, superior anticipation and getting to the puck in broken plays and great timing and throwing off the opposition then making magic happen
Something is off with him. Remember that game against Buffalo his rookie season when he dangled through 3 players and the goalie in the slot and had to be taken down with a trip to stop him scoring an easy tap in? Haven’t seen that kind of individual skill from him in a long time.

Reactions: E40 and mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad