Post-Game Talk: Habs win in SO 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
bro looked ECHL level

all you need to know how our coaches feel about Perfetan with the pretend top 6 sitting on the bench in OT

embarrassing loss to a weak and injured team

Ehlers on the shootout a FAIL as it has been for 7 frickin years

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Jets got a full point... :sarcasm:
97ee7d3204afbe3cc6310c158de394d4.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Not knowing anything about gambling and what it's lexicon means, this post has me as confused as one of Kanadalainen's fish posts. :laugh:

We needed
i) a collective activation of notochords, and to
ii) draw on the fat reserves encasing our brains via mitochondrial activation.

I didn't see much of that tonight. :)

Last edited:

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Top line wasn't good enough.
I thought that was Samberg's best game.
Morrissey looked iffy all game, just bleeding chances against.
Lowry line felt like they generated a lot but nothing overly high quality. I don't really feel like that line plays as big in front of the net as they probably should.
Felt like there was a narrative against the 2nd line in the GDT tonight. They were fine, they generated some high quality chances and didn't really cause many against.
Schmidt had a solid game. Basically like Lowry's line though, generated a lot but nothing high quality.
Lowry line didn’t generate anything high quality? I guess they need 4 goals to have a ‘high quality’ chance.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I would have liked to see Morrissey in the shootout, but can't really complain of the 3 they put out. He may have been better than Ehlers for that tho ? don't really know.

Reactions: KingBogo

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
What is it with NHL players and the amount of weak shoot out attempts? Go in there with some conviction; a mind set of "I got the puck, I'm in control. I'm going to bury you" Not this "I'm not sure what I want to do" approach and then run out of time and settle for a weak flick at the net.

You're incredibly skilled, at least make the goalie stretch a bit. :laugh:

I was dynamite on breakaways. I little juke, shoulder fake to the forehand, pull it to the backhand and up over the glove bar down.
*this post was made while listening to Bruce Springsteens "Glory Days"*

None

Feb 22, 2012
Lowry line didn’t generate anything high quality? I guess they need 4 goals to have a ‘high quality’ chance.

The one high quality chance that comes to mind was the one that went in. The only other that comes to mind is questionable because it was what resulted in the penalty shot.
Not sure why you're taking that as a knock against the Lowry line. They soundly outchanced their competition, they just didn't generate a lot of high quality. That's about the best I'd ever expect of a line centered by Lowry.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
What is it with NHL players and the amount of weak shoot out attempts? Go in there with some conviction; a mind set of "I got the puck, I'm in control. I'm going to bury you" Not this "I'm not sure what I want to do" approach and then run out of time and settle for a weak flick at the net.

You're incredibly skilled, at least make the goalie stretch a bit. :laugh:

I was dynamite on breakaways. I little juke, shoulder fake to the forehand, pull it to the backhand and up over the glove bar down.
*this post was made while listening to Bruce Springsteens "Glory Days"*

Are you drinking until you get your fill?

:sarcasm:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We needed
i) a collective activation of notochords, and
ii) draw on the fat reserves encasing our brains.

I didn't see much of that tonight. :)

That's HFJets every GDT...

1) if only it was as simple as a bunch of glycoproteins...

2) we are by nature "Fat Heads" that's by default...

Oh....

You were talking about the Jets...

R.b1a06b0796caf2e9df274a18ceecc85d

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Jets let this one slip away as it was ripe for the taking. I give this game three slips out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against Blake Wheeler and the Rangers has been posted, so check it out. Cheers to @Aggie204 for a beerific GDT today, and we all look forward to @AlphaLackey's GDT on Monday. See you then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad