Post-Game Talk: Habs WIN in OT CAUFIELDDD

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Soviets did it 5 on 5, and it was artistry. Its much harder to pull off with 4 additional players on the ice, and the skill required to do what they did was apparent. You see Barcelona do it I football much the same way the Soviets did it on the ice. I love their brand but there are people out thee who can't stand barcelona's style as well.

For 3 on 3, it's a clown show, and exposes the three on three session for what its always been..... A sideshow.

It's too far removed from actual hockey to be taken seriously, except for the fact that they count in the standings so heavily.
Yeah, not a fan of it myself. It's more like rollerhockey to me.

But the Habs copied the Jets and it's working. So kudos to DD for that.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not trying to trash him, because I really am rooting for him, and he's looked good this season, but the fact that 35-year-old walking corpse Corey Perry has the same amount of points as him, in fewer games, worries me.

KK is going through a tough stretch but it wasn't too long ago that he looked like one of the most dangerous habs.

I think he would do well with a bit of a reset. This has been an extremely grueling schedule. I anticipate that the week off before the playoffs will do him good, as well as a few other players in this lineup.

Having said that, guys like Petry and Suzuki have somehow caught a 2nd wind at the most unexpected time, but when they were down in the dumps, KK was looking better.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, not a fan of it myself. It's more like rollerhockey to me.

But the Habs copied the Jets and it's working. So kudos to DD for that.

I dont know if they are copying the jets. It's something that became more noticeable under ducharme.

There was a game against the Jets early in his tenure where they were doing the exact same thing but execution was abysmal.

He's been trying this from the beginning I think, but I believe there was alot of confusion early on, combined with a huge mental hurdle.

These days, the players seem to know exactly what they need to do.

Reactions: dinodebino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, but his agent is pretty quiet about the team's stats since his OTHER client has left. Alan is slimy. He played the same game with Halak way back when. He's just slimy.

He looks like that guy from breaking bad.... The older one who worked for the chicken guy.

I will say though that frolik has looked fine in the lineup. I am a bit surprised that every time he has come in, it doesn't look he has missed any time at all. That's a credit to him.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, but his agent is pretty quiet about the team's stats since his OTHER client has left. Alan is slimy. He played the same game with Halak way back when. He's just slimy.

If you list slimeball types in order Agents are definitely up there.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I disagree. You can reasonable conversations with leaf fans I find. Bruins fans are just completely intolerable.

I can't disagree because I haven't engaged with Leafs fans directly, so I base my opinion on what I read on the main board and a bit from their board. Bruins fans can be hardcore, but they can also recognize good plays/players from other teams. Haven't seen this from Leafs fans, it's always about them, about bashing almost every other teams and how anything not going their way is unfair. Just my view of the situation.

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't disagree because I haven't engaged with Leafs fans directly, so I base my opinion on what I read on the main board and a bit from their board. Bruins fans can be hardcore, but they can also recognize good plays/players from other teams. Haven't seen this from Leafs fans, it's always about them, about bashing almost every other teams and how anything not going their way is unfair. Just my view of the situation.

We do it often, but in reality, we can't define any fanbase with one stroke of a brush.

The only thing I will say on a broad scale is that the online community, whether we are talking about sports or otherwise is more often a cesspool compared to face to face interactions.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I actually threw the question out to Leafs fans on the main board and predictably they are trying to walk back expectations. As if any of them expect the team not to come out the division easily. As it stands if the Leafs aren't North division champs in the playoffs that's a huge choke. They've dominated the division all year, to lose in the 1st or 2nd round should be seen as a major failure given where they're at today.
To quote a guy that we all know and love, “if you make the playoffs anything can happen”. The pressure of those expectations will either make the Leafs group stronger or cause them to choke. Their playoff failures are well known and while they all seem to join in to the constant brag fest I am willing to bet that secretly they are nervous. Is the team nervous as well? We shall see.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
KK is going through a tough stretch but it wasn't too long ago that he looked like one of the most dangerous habs.

I think he would do well with a bit of a reset. This has been an extremely grueling schedule. I anticipate that the week off before the playoffs will do him good, as well as a few other players in this lineup.

Having said that, guys like Petry and Suzuki have somehow caught a 2nd wind at the most unexpected time, but when they were down in the dumps, KK was looking better.
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but I think his biggest issue is lack of a good coach/linemates. Idk how much he can succeed with DD, Lehk, and Armia lol

I wish they'd play KK in OT instead of Danault.

Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I go on the leaf board occasionally, and if I’m reasonable they are reasonable. If you show up on the Bruins board you’ll legit have a half dozen people whining and insulting even if you say nice things lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but I think his biggest issue is lack of a good coach/linemates. Idk how much he can succeed with DD, Lehk, and Armia lol

I wish they'd play KK in OT instead of Danault.

I don't think it's -specifically- linemates. The fact is, he'd probably be fine with Lehkonen and Armia (not ideal) if they kept the line together.

He's never had a consistent line since the first slump of the season and he gets moved around more than any other center on the team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think it's -specifically- linemates. The fact is, he'd probably be fine with Lehkonen and Armia (not ideal) if they kept the line together.

He's never had a consistent line since the first slump of the season and he gets moved around more than any other center on the team.

A 20 year old center is going to struggle with consistency, it's asinine to add such uncertainty on position and linemates in this situation. He is trying to find consistency while there is no consistency in who he plays with. Trying to be consistent and establish chemistry of a revolving cast of characters isn't helping anyone.

Reactions: Miller Time

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver

Agreed he is struggling right but what i saw from him last year in the playoffs he looks like a gamebreaker. So if he can get that motivation going for the playoffs then he should be good to go.

Reactions: JianYang

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Oh Wow, I didnt even realize there was 16 seconds left in Overtime lmao

I thought the goal was dramatic enough lol

I dont see how CC isnt good for a goal almost every single OT at this point..or at least 2-3 scoring chances.. born for 3 on 3

Like i said, im REALLy not crazy about 3 on 3, but if its gonna BE there, at least its nice to have a weapon like this for once
Curious about his first shootout attempt tho too lol

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

That's what I mean.

Lack of consistent linemates = lack of chemistry

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm not trying to trash him, because I really am rooting for him, and he's looked good this season, but the fact that 35-year-old walking corpse Corey Perry has the same amount of points as him, in fewer games, worries me.
You could say that Perry stats are close to KK
but meanwhile KK is only 4 points behind mr Selke who had all the best wingers the entire season.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I just started a new job so I'm in training. We're socially distancing and two guys a few spaces over started talking about the leafs game yesterday. So I'm listening to a work video with one earphone in and hear one of them say "how did Matthews and Marner miss" and I responded (louder than I intended) "because they suck!".

At least I made my presence as a token Habs fan known lol

Reactions: BLONG7

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-5-4_19-33-32.png

Reactions: Kojo and dinodebino

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I go on the leaf board occasionally, and if I’m reasonable they are reasonable. If you show up on the Bruins board you’ll legit have a half dozen people whining and insulting even if you say nice things lol

Why do you go on their message boards? Normally I'm in favour of open discussion, different perspectives, but there is the main board for that. I really dislike when other teams fans roam around here concern trolling and the like trying to be "accepted" as "reasonable fans." There is nothing reason or idea based in our affiliation to our teams, it is purely tribal. There's really nothing to discuss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad