Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
4E85B36B-93EB-466C-A092-92F65111784B.jpeg

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Great game, great for CC.

I think it clear now that Weber is dragging who ever he is paired with down... everyone is doing better without him... Chariot has been a beast...

why are KK and CC not on there offside on the PP...

why isn’t Romanov used more 3 on 3 even if he didn’t have the greatest game is skating would give us a edge.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Further to watching the replay, I’m happy they won to shove it in Matthews face. 39th goal but he celebrates like he scored a series winner.

I was stuck watching on SportsNet and when he scored that second goal, those SN homers went on for like an hour something along the lines that when Matthews scores the second goal, it's been the game winner last few games. Just to be sure we understood the significance, then they added highlights of Matthews scoring his team's second goal. SMH...

Next at 11, when Matthews trims his moustache, he occasionally trims his nose hairs.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Timmins/scouting staff definitely should get credit for the good picks.

The problem is that for a good amount of people on this board, he also gets none of the blame for the bad picks.
I admit I am incredibly bias against Timmins , for a long list of reasons. I will conceide he was a part of the scouting staff that drafted Caufield :sarcasm:

As much as I like Romanov, it’s another pick based on skating and strenght. I’m starting to doubt we see any significant offense from him. It was a tough game and he has lots to learn on the defensive side.

Reactions: angusyoung

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He has been hitting people, and setting guys up.......................it's the old if you are not scoring, you have to do something else......he hits guys almost as much as Andy.

I agree, but unfortunately, he's not producing offensively. I'd love to see his game logs from BEFORE the Dube hit and AFTER it.

It still pisses me off no one stood up for this kid. Dube is a small player, but in our next game someone should have challenged him. Obviously not Chiarot or Anderson, but maybe a Kulak or somebody.

He plays a tougher game than he's given credit for and that physically and mentally wears on you as the season goes along.

I think he's a player we need to rest if we clinch soon. He tends to play noticeably better after time off, which means his conditioning is not up to par.

3 things he needs to work on this summer:

Strength & conditioning
Skating
Shooting (accuracy/release)

I've said previously that I still think he needs 2 more summers of training to hit his peak. 22.

Nathan MacKinnon didn't take off until his 5th year in the league. Funny to think of it now, but even MacKinnon was getting the bust tag because he only put up 53 points in 82 games in his 4th year. His 3rd year was 52 pts, and people were all: he's #1 pick! He's a bust! He's a bust! :facepalm:

This summer, next season and summer 2022 are still development years.

Peak KK won't happen til 2022-2023.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
So, from others in these forums, if our team keeps the puck, we are pu****s and an embarrassment to hockey! ??!!?!

Man.... from the beginning of this season, other teams were DOING TO SAME TO US! it's about time we took over!
Exactly. It should be seen as being smart tactics and using it to our advantage, instead of running around blindly and taking low percentage shots that lead to dangerous counter attacks. This is a very smart strategy. Circle back and keep waiting for an opportunity to strike with our lethal sniper. Nothing wrong with that

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I can just feel the anger radiating off of Matthews

“I’m one of the best players in the world and they gave my money to old man Tavares…..can’t wait to be out of this city and this team”

-probably a very very accurate capture of the thoughts of Matthews

Reactions: angusyoung

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The latest results sans Weber should, and must shed a light on the fact that his impact to this team is nowhere near what it once was.

Alas, it won't happen with Bergevin in charge. But I truly believe this summer would be the best timing to trade him away. Those 8M could be better spent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2 goals in the NHL and Habs fans ask for the Hall of Fame induction for their scouts.
I'm happy about Caufield but Jesus...

A lot of us are just enjoying the moment without feeling the need to crown a king.

You get fans of all stripes, all par for the course.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Nice to see you! Everything's going well, how about you? After months of only reading, I missed being part of the action!
Not bad thanks. Welcome back, just in time. It's amazing how one player can be such a game changer. In the space of one week, we all went from hoping to miss the playoffs to a possible 3rd place finish and a date with the Oilers.

Reactions: Runner77

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Why wouldn’t he? 14 other teams passed on him, and there was at least two other guys on the radar (Newhook/Krebs), Timmins could’ve ultimately chosen to take Newhook and it wouldn’t have been that much of a stretch.

I had Caufield in the top 7-8 and thought there was no way we’d be able to draft him but other teams just simply liked other players more or drafted for a need (which is stupid).

But Timmins definitely still deserves some credit here, whether we want to admit that or not.

Yes...14 other GMs passed on him... for 8 GMs it was a mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad