Post-Game Talk: Habs win 4-2 vs Tampa. Screw the Leafs.

POG?

• Total voters

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Come on. It was just a guy talking in front of 20k people. He probably meant that they will try to win the next two game and make it to playoffs. It's not like he guaranteed anything.
No I think he meant what he said. How could he not? This is literally the way the entire team needs to think right now. No other choice, they have to believe it too. They cant think " we will try and win" it has to be "we will win" in order to come out with any sort of real confidence to achieve their goal.

Reactions: Be a Hab

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Turned out to be a pretty good trade nonetheless. The 2nd round pick was used on Romanov, if I remember correctly. Can't recall if they bounced the pick around or not.
Oh, it was a great trade even if you ignore the draft pick we got. A few months of a useless Fleischmann and Weise (who did score an OT winner in the playoffs, I think?) for a young middle six centre who happens to be a local kid? Sign me up.

Reactions: Be a Hab

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No I think he meant what he said. How could he not? This is literally the way the entire team needs to think right now. No other choice, they have to believe it too. They cant think " we will try and win" it has to be "we will win" in order to come out with any sort of real confidence to achieve their goal.
I’m glad he said it!!

Boys are gonna look at themselves and say “well boys, Lehky guaranteed 2 wins, so let’s give them 2 wins”!!

Caps and Leafs.....get the f*** out of the way

giphy.gif

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Oh, it was a great trade even if you ignore the draft pick we got. A few months of a useless Fleischmann and Weise (who did score an OT winner in the playoffs, I think?) for a young middle six centre who happens to be a local kid? Sign me up.

I think Bergevin is a strong pro scout for two way guys like Danault, and depth forwards.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And Romanov!!!!!

Reactions: Runner77

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Who would have thought that October 1st, when Toronto decided to waive Mcelhinney and give the backup job to Sparks would turned out to be a key moment in Habs season.

Mcelhinney'S having a very solid season in Carolina and on top of that beating the Habs twice, with one amazing performance of 48 saves on 49 shots at the BC in November, Sparks playing like shit against Carolina yesterday was just icing on the cake!!!

Bruins in 4!!!!!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
No, we completely out played them, simple as that. Give the team some credit. We are more difficult matchup against them than Columbus is imo.
in a bo1 yes not bo7 lets all be honest

also vasi and hedman were not playing

lets all be humble here , habs played great , but habs cant do this for 7 games . Tampa did not played well and probably did not care.

It was a fun win but lets not be overhyped.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
That's the good side for Mtl to play 2 teams with little stake at play. Toronto has nothing to gain, and Washington may try to push for #1 in the metropolitan, but they only need 1 point in their last 2 games.

Overall, both those teams would benefit more from starting the playoffs fresh and injury-free. Most likely, any player who is tired, has a small bruise, lingering injury or anything like that will probably sit, and they will probably send their backup goalie for the last 2 games. On top of that, just like the game against Tampa, the word is to avoid injuries at all cost and not do anything stupid.

The only players that you will see showing any sort of effort are the replacements who will try to impress to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That being said, with Montreal likely facing Tampa Bay in the first round, I would rather take the 3% chance of picking in the first 3 spots, and enjoy TVA Sport missing another playoff run, then getting out in 4-5 games.

Reactions: Tighthead

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
in a bo1 yes not bo7 lets all be honest

also vasi and hedman were not playing

lets all be humble here , habs played great , but habs cant do this for 7 games . Tampa did not played well and probably did not care.

It was a fun win but lets not be overhyped.
Tampa got outplayed because we played well

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No, we completely out played them, simple as that. Give the team some credit. We are more difficult matchup against them than Columbus is imo.

I give them credit for this and last game. This team is competing and hard. You can see their hearts on their sleeves. Problem is, if Vasi was net, we don’t win that game. And it’ll be the same in the playoffs likely if we make it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lol Sergachev sucks
(he kinda does)

He still needs heavy sheltering to be effective. His in zone coverage and his reads are just trash. He (generally) has good offensive instincts and can play 1 v 1s/2 v 1s fine, but he doesn't process the game well.

I have serious doubts about his ceiling.

Good win last night - it was a must win game and your boys played like it.

Reactions: Agalloch

Jul 6, 2016
That's the good side for Mtl to play 2 teams with little stake at play. Toronto has nothing to gain, and Washington may try to push for #1 in the metropolitan, but they only need 1 point in their last 2 games.

Overall, both those teams would benefit more from starting the playoffs fresh and injury-free. Most likely, any player who is tired, has a small bruise, lingering injury or anything like that will probably sit, and they will probably send their backup goalie for the last 2 games. On top of that, just like the game against Tampa, the word is to avoid injuries at all cost and not do anything stupid.

The only players that you will see showing any sort of effort are the replacements who will try to impress to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That being said, with Montreal likely facing Tampa Bay in the first round, I would rather take the 3% chance of picking in the first 3 spots, and enjoy TVA Sport missing another playoff run, then getting out in 4-5 games.

Anything can happen in a Playoffs. Key TB player(s) could be injured. Their opponents could play awesome too and have hot goalie. If Vegas can reach the Finals in their opening season, anything can happen.

Reactions: antoniojr

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Anything can happen in a Playoffs. Key TB player(s) could be injured. Their opponents could play awesome too and have hot goalie. If Vegas can reach the Finals in their opening season, anything can happen.
The playoffs rarely go as the season predicted, I don't know why people live off it as if it's all written in stone come playoff time.
It's a new competition come the playoffs, anyone can beat just about anyone in a 7 game series.
Hot goalies, hot scorers, injuries, fatigue, momentum, travel, etc.
Just get in and see what happens.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
What a predicament... We could potentially go 4-0 to end the season, against some very good teams, and still manage to miss the playoffs.
We lost some critical games in the last 3-4 weeks. Even 1 extra point and we would have been in a much better position. Either way theres still a long way to go but im happy with the step forward the team took this year.

Reactions: Licentia

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The playoffs rarely go as the season predicted, I don't know why people live off it as if it's all written in stone come playoff time.
It's a new competition come the playoffs, anyone can beat just about anyone in a 7 game series.
Hot goalies, hot scorers, injuries, fatigue, momentum, travel, etc.
Just get in and see what happens.
Plus the entire experience is great for young players. There's nothing like the playoffs win or lose.

Reactions: antoniojr

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
2 more games. Just need Columbus or Carolina to get screwed once and we got a chance.

Thats the situation

Just win out, hope for a loss on their side somewhere, pray for mojo

The team im most upset at is the islanders honestly, carolina have great players and play really well ive accepted it, but the f***ing islanders, theyre the true WTF team for me, taking up a playoff spot

Reactions: Runner77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Our Pp woes have nothing to do with FOs.
I was not even talking about the Canadiens or "powerplay play woes"

Importance of (or lack there of) face offs in general.

Directly to you point though......no , the Canadiens powerplay just sucks period.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Plus the entire experience is great for young players. There's nothing like the playoffs win or lose.
Exactly. Been discussing that with my dad as of late. It's great experience for the young guys who are still developing.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's too bad his name isn't Toews or Bergeron or he'd likely get a bunch of Selke votes. It's such a stupid trophy that's based 100% on reputation.
So how did Toews or Bergeron win their first one?

Or Datzuik . Carbs. Gainey. ?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad