Post-Game Talk: Habs win 4-2 vs Tampa. Screw the Leafs.

POG?

• Total voters

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That’s all he ever did with them right.....:facepalm:

Yes as part of their scouting team he was able to push them to take the consensus pick at their position...Enough giving him credit for the smallest things and negating a lot of the very bad.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes as part of their scouting team he was able to push them to take the consensus pick at their position...Enough giving him credit for the smallest things and negating a lot of the very bad.
You’re the one claiming he had “Very little” to do with building a Hawks SC winning team....

He was there for 7yrs, it’s very disingenuous on your part to quickly claim he had very little to do with their success......I mean, he had so little to do with it that they kept promoting him, and knowing the Hawks and their dynasty, you just know that they were incompetent when it came to assembling a great team of people and promoting non deserving staff, I mean, that’s how you build a SC winner right??

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I listened to most of last nights game on TSN690 and I must say that Dan Robertson called a fantastic game last night and it was probably the best game I've ever heard him call ever. Great job Dan. :thumbu:

Reactions: Born in 1909

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I listened to most of last nights game on TSN690 and I must say that Dan Robertson called a fantastic game last night and it was probably the best game I've ever heard him call ever. Great job Dan. :thumbu:

Dan is so comforting and authoritative. His voice never gets old.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
in a bo1 yes not bo7 lets all be honest

also vasi and hedman were not playing

lets all be humble here , habs played great , but habs cant do this for 7 games . Tampa did not played well and probably did not care.

It was a fun win but lets not be overhyped.

Whats the fun in that!? We’re fans for goodness sakes!!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So faceoffs aren’t important then says the graph thrown together by a guy who calls himself “Hawerchuk “ :laugh:

well, if he says so, the entire NHL was wrong and he should sell this to all NHL teams and make millions off of it so they can stop acquiring and paying players for their faceoff skills.......”Hey Bergeron.......your faceoff skills are bogus and mean nothing”!!!
:facepalm:

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
That's the good side for Mtl to play 2 teams with little stake at play. Toronto has nothing to gain, and Washington may try to push for #1 in the metropolitan, but they only need 1 point in their last 2 games.

Overall, both those teams would benefit more from starting the playoffs fresh and injury-free. Most likely, any player who is tired, has a small bruise, lingering injury or anything like that will probably sit, and they will probably send their backup goalie for the last 2 games. On top of that, just like the game against Tampa, the word is to avoid injuries at all cost and not do anything stupid.

The only players that you will see showing any sort of effort are the replacements who will try to impress to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That being said, with Montreal likely facing Tampa Bay in the first round, I would rather take the 3% chance of picking in the first 3 spots, and enjoy TVA Sport missing another playoff run, then getting out in 4-5 games.
Haha nice jab at the end there

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This isn’t the 70s anymore
It’s called parity How many years did the Sox and cubs go without winning?
If people can’t handle it , then stop watching
26 years no cup with an average of 26 teams in the league. Half of them new and with half the money and resources. Keep on loving that mediocrity man.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
71 pts last season. Will more than likely end up with 96. Not a success? Really. Cmon
I guess the Cleveland browns winning 7 games this year didn’t invigorate their fan base
Can’t please everyone
Did you just compare the Habs to the f***ing Cleveland Browns? LMAO. I can't take you seriously man.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That was about as unmotivated to play a hockey game as I've ever seen a team. I mean once a player just inexplicably threw the puck over the glass in the offensive zone. Tampa didn't want to play. Good for those who want to see the team make the playoffs because it was 2 pts we wouldn't get if Tampa cared but certainly isn't any indication that they would have a hope in hell when playing them when it matters.
Give credit where it's due.

Fine to point out that they were without Hedman and we got lucky from that perspective. But we really took the play to them. We aren't a better team than they are by a long shot but we certainly were the better team last night. Habs played desperate hockey, which is exactly what you'd expect given the circumstances.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Did you just compare the Habs to the ****ing Cleveland Browns? LMAO. I can't take you seriously man.
It’s about re-invigorating the fan base. That’s what the habs did this year. Just like the browns did with their fan base.
Read the original poster who said it’s not a success if the habs don’t make the playoffs.
Sure it is. It’s was about the fan bases.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It’s about re-invigorating the fan base. That’s what the habs did this year. Just like the browns did with their fan base.
Read the original poster who said it’s not a success if the habs don’t make the playoffs.
I can't wait for the you did great ribbon ceremony.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Who gives a toss about the fan bases.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
I listened to most of last nights game on TSN690 and I must say that Dan Robertson called a fantastic game last night
I agree, Dan and Sergio are great. Unfortunately what usually follows is a juvenile s hit show. I made the mistake of turning on the post-game show thinking I might hear intelligent analysis (I know, I know - my bad) of one of the best games played at the Bell Center in a while, only to hear Gallo ask callers to make train noises. I wish he'd move the f*** out of Montreal.

Reactions: sheed36

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Give credit where it's due.

Fine to point out that they were without Hedman and we got lucky from that perspective. But we really took the play to them. We aren't a better team than they are by a long shot but we certainly were the better team last night. Habs played desperate hockey, which is exactly what you'd expect given the circumstances.

We deserve credit for showing up. But he’s right. That Tampa team played like they couldn’t have cared less and their backup goalie was one of the biggest sieves I’ve ever seen in this league.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We deserve credit for showing up. But he’s right. That Tampa team played like they couldn’t have cared less and their backup goalie was one of the biggest sieves I’ve ever seen in this league.

Didn't watch the game, and only saw highlights. It didn't look like they lost because of goaltending.

I just think a 60 win team deserves more credit. You don't win that many games without finding ways to win several games while playing well below form. The habs didn't allow that to happen this time.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That’s funny lol

But he wasn’t an usher right, assistant coach, scout, head scout I believe, director of player personnel, assistant GM.....some pretty significant positions:)

Then gets to Montreal and brings back Michel Therrien from the dead.

I think he would have made a better usher.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You’re the one claiming he had “Very little” to do with building a Hawks SC winning team....

He was there for 7yrs, it’s very disingenuous on your part to quickly claim he had very little to do with their success......I mean, he had so little to do with it that they kept promoting him, and knowing the Hawks and their dynasty, you just know that they were incompetent when it came to assembling a great team of people and promoting non deserving staff, I mean, that’s how you build a SC winner right??
Then he leaves and gets to hire his his own staff.......the first guy he hires is Michel Therrien. :laugh:

Seven years assisting in Chicago.

Seven years in charge in Montreal.

Dont need Columbo to solve this one...........MB should not be in charge.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lack of trying was always used 'cause you look less stupid than to say lack of talent. This team has worked more than any other. It was NEVER about lack of trying.
Hooray ! They are "trying"

The first step up from not trying. :sarcasm:

"You are what you record says you are"
Bill Parcells.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Didn't watch the game, and only saw highlights. It didn't look like they lost because of goaltending.

I just think a 60 win team deserves more credit. You don't win that many games without finding ways to win several games while playing well below form. The habs didn't allow that to happen this time.
True. But Tbay does lose games . 60-16-4. They lose 1 out of every 4 games.

I know the Habs stink , but it aint a miracle they won a game they had to win against a top team that mailed it in.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->