Post-Game Talk: Habs win 4-2 vs Tampa. Screw the Leafs.

POG?

• Total voters

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
26 years no cup with an average of 26 teams in the league. Half of them new and with half the money and resources. Keep on loving that mediocrity man.
The lowering of the bar.

Next they will be telling you Championships dont even matter. As long as they are trying. ;)

Reactions: WeThreeKings

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
True. But Tbay does lose games . 60-16-4. They lose 1 out of every 4 games.

I know the Habs stink , but it aint a miracle they won a game they had to win against a top team that mailed it in.
That’s a Tampa problem, not Montreal.....and they’d better step it up when the going gets tough cause that’s playoff hockey and we all know what happens to Tampa during the playoffs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The lowering of the bar.

Next they will be telling you Championships dont even matter. As long as they are trying. ;)
The bar is set high......expectations are set to reality.

Is Detroit selling to their fans that they’re winning the cup this year?? How about LA??....wonder if at mid season, they were telling their fans we winning the cup?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's been a traditional refrain from the start of the season. We're in this position on account of a lack of talent at certain key needs, not for a lack of trying (for the vast majority of the team, excluding Drouin who has been fairweather).

The lessons from this season will no doubt cause adjustments and improvements to be made in the summer.

However, it ain't over until it's over. Maybe there will yet be more surprises as the season winds down.
"The lessons from the season will no doubt cause adjustments and improvements to be made this summer"

did you type that with a straight face? ;)

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The bar is set high......expectations are set to reality.

Is Detroit selling to their fans that they’re winning the cup this year?? How about LA??....wonder if at mid season, they were telling their fans we winning the cup?
Why are they applauding their GM too ? For building a bubble team in just seven short years.

But good choice on the teams you are comparing the Habs too. You left out the Sens.

Lower that bar buddy .

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hooray ! They are "trying"

The first step up from not trying. :sarcasm:

"You are what you record says you are"
Bill Parcells.

Idea here is that the players we have in hand are doing what they can. The ''problem'' is never about them not trying or not respecting the plan. It's about the talent that is STILL not on this team that the management has to get. Whatever happens, I will be damn proud of these boys.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That’s a Tampa problem, not Montreal.....and they’d better step it up when the going gets tough cause that’s playoff hockey and we all know what happens to Tampa during the playoffs

Yes. Personally I dont have them as my pick to win it all. I dont see them getting out of the east.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Idea here is that the players we have in hand are doing what they can. The ''problem'' is never about them not trying or not respecting the plan. It's about the talent that is STILL not on this team that the management has to get. Whatever happens, I will be damn proud of these boys.
Sure . Domi Gallagher Price among others. They are not mailing it in. They are trying. Many games impressive. Many games they were anything but.

Common knowledge its management that is the weak link in this organization. Bad management has this team stuck in mediocrity. 015 play offs, 016 missed, 017 play offs , 018 missed. Every summer is about 'learning' and getting an inch better than last years lousy team. Ground Hog Season.

A fish rots from the head down.

This team lacks talent. Has for a very long time. Its too bad for the players , but I dont see anything to be "damn proud" of in Montreal. Unless I lower the bar to that of say....an expansion team.

But even the latest expansion team is miles ahead of the Canadiens.

Having said all that. Thumbs up for being so enthusiastic for the under dog players. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sure . Domi Gallagher Price among others. They are not mailing it in. They are trying. Many games impressive. Many games they were anything but.

But its management that is the weak ling in this organization.

A fish rots from the head down.

This team lacks talent. Has for a very long time. Its too bad for the players , but I dont see anything to be "damn proud" of in Montreal. Unless I lower the bar to that of say....an expansion team.

But even the latest expansion team is miles ahead of the Canadiens.

Having said all that. Thumbs up for being so enthusiastic for the under dog players. :thumbu:
If we had a decent back end our forwards would be more productive. Esp on the PP.

The club actually has some decent talent up front. We are lacking the one truly elite player but we've got a half dozen who can score 20 goals and a couple of those can put up 30. It's not the barren wasteland that it was in the dark years.

The back end is just so bad though. That needs to be fixed in a big way. And Weber's not getting any younger.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"The lessons from the season will no doubt cause adjustments and improvements to be made this summer"

did you type that with a straight face? ;)

Typed that based on last summer. I don’t profess to know how they did what they did last summer but maybe someone who was involved with decision-making, took some notes. Message in a brothel. :sarcasm:

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If we had a decent back end our forwards would be more productive. Esp on the PP.

The club actually has some decent talent up front. We are lacking the one truly elite player but we've got a half dozen who can score 20 goals and a couple of those can put up 30. It's not the barren wasteland that it was in the dark years.

The back end is just so bad though. That needs to be fixed in a big way. And Weber's not getting any younger.
Yes, if and when he does fix the back end.....by then then the forwards will need to be addressed and not to far ahead a new goalie.

MB is like the boy with his finger in the dyke. His teams spring leaks here there and every where.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Mailing in games by resting players (number one goalie) is not a problem. Been done for years by teams that have home ice locked up.

Bowman used to rest Robinson among others for a week near the end of the season. Larry would go to Florida and ride his horses.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
[QUOTE="Runner77, post: 158962615, member: 166375"Did you type that while watching a mob movie? ;)

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::lol:

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The playoffs rarely go as the season predicted, I don't know why people live off it as if it's all written in stone come playoff time.
It's a new competition come the playoffs, anyone can beat just about anyone in a 7 game series.
Hot goalies, hot scorers, injuries, fatigue, momentum, travel, etc.
Just get in and see what happens.

I see you've had your fill of Bergebran cereals.

Keep drinkin the koolaid

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->