Speculation: Habs were big on Fowler in 2016, do they inquire in 2019?

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Obstical is how they spell obstacle in California.

Fowler's obstical is a modified NTC: player submits a 4 team trade list.
This isn’t correct , it’s 4 teams he can’t go to. Yesterday or the day before, In an espn article, it even stated that.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Keep on dreaming. Or is that draeamng, "Shakespeare"?

Not going to happen.

If Montreal is such a great destination, surely Bergevin would have signed at least one UFA last summer. Who is the last UFA to sign with Montreal? Oh that's right, Alzner. :laugh:
Radulov was wack

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
That's where Drouin comes in mind. Young, proven, cost controlled. The most expensive year behind. All the Ducks seek. He may also be able to play center.

I honestly don't see Fowler moving but if he was, I am not opposed to a trade centering around Drouin

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
How do you value your d prospects, i might prefer to grab 1 of them since wed need to replenish
We are stacked on the right side with Juulsen, Brook and Fleury. Probably Brook being the best of the 3 with a small chance of becoming a top pair D.

A little thiner on the left side with Mete and Romanov. Both being projected as second pairing D.

If yourneeds are on the ride side, no D prospects is out of the question for Fowler. LHD prospect might be a little more complicated but again, for Fowler, no one is out of reach.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Habs need to build through the draft. I think the season is more of an anomaly than the start of a steady upward trend.
I actually disagree. By the time any new draftees can contribute Price + Weber will be reitiring or falling off a cliff, and they won't even replace what they loose. They have $16.5 mil next year to fill 2F,2D,1BG, and the only player due for a raise is Domi in two years. With four additional picks in this year's draft already, in their position I'd be more than willing to trade a 1st and prospect for Fowler or a similiar player, and offer decent money to Duchene in free agency. Make a push while you have your core stars and unused cap space, this team isn't bad enough to tank low enough for meaningful picks anymore.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I actually disagree. By the time any new draftees can contribute Price + Weber will be reitiring or falling off a cliff, and they won't even replace what they loose. They have $16.5 mil next year to fill 2F,2D,1BG, and the only player due for a raise is Domi in two years. With four additional picks in this year's draft already, in their position I'd be more than willing to trade a 1st and prospect for Fowler or a similiar player, and offer decent money to Duchene in free agency. Make a push while you have your core stars and unused cap space, this team isn't bad enough to tank low enough for meaningful picks anymore.

Agree 100% on Fowler and Duchesne.

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
Montreal gives up their 1st and Suzuki easily. That's probably not enough to be honest.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I would prefer to have a similar LW in return + fowler:

:habs
- 2019 first
- 2019 second
- Drouin
- Poehling

:ducks
- Rackell
- Fowler

I would break it down like that :
Drouin For Fowler
1st+2nd+Poehling For Rackell
I think the value is there for Anaheim, but I wouldn't give up all that future tbh.
I would do the Drouin for Fowler swap. I think it has to be potential to be good for both teams.
I would give a chance to Suzuki to show what he can do and see if he can replace Drouin as soon as next year. In that case we would have Tatar, Byron, Lehkonen, Hudon on the LW and Gallagher, Suzuki, Armia, Shaw on the RW. Domi, Kotkaniemi, Danault, Poehling at C.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I would prefer to have a similar LW in return + fowler:

:habs
- 2019 first
- 2019 second
- Drouin
- Poehling

:ducks
- Rackell
- Fowler

The point of trading Fowler is to add forward help. Downgrading on Rakell and paying more to do it somewhat negates that. Hard pass

Reactions: Dmang714

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
We downgrade on Rackell ? Rackell is as talented as Drouin in my book

Your valuation may differ but I think Rakell is the better player, even if not by a ton. So paying almost 2M a year more without it being an actual upgrade of any sort seems like a bad plan.

Rakell's contract is amazing and adds a LOT to his value to the Ducks (and probably any other team that would want to trade for him should BM lose his mind and make him available).

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
You don't trade a player you just acquired though. The realistic chance of that offer happening is zero

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ducks beat writer says it’s just the opposite. Said it in the Athletic. I guess it depends who you want to believe.
Capfriendly is generally spot on, Maybe they got it backwards this time. It's a known fact that Cam Fowler signed long term with Anaheim because he and his girlfriend are starting a new like there in Southern California. Not sure why he'd waive for 26 teams then for 4 teams.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Capfriendly is generally spot on, Maybe they got it backwards this time. It's a known fact that Cam Fowler signed long term with Anaheim because he and his girlfriend are starting a new like there in Southern California. Not sure why he'd waive for 26 teams then for 4 teams.

Yes, cap friendly is usually spot on. But so is Eric Stephens. At times cap friendly even lists him as their source for Ducks deals. Murray got burned on the Bieksa NMC (his own damn fault) and stated that he would not be giving out NMCs anymore. Whatever he gave Cam came with 52 million reasons to say yes. FWIW, Stephens was asked point blank about the terms and didn't hesitate in saying what he did.

Maybe we'll find out maybe we won't. The Ducks are a hot mess and moving Fowler might actually make sense in the summer if management starts a legit retool.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think you missed the point of my post. Also it was better we didn’t sign him. 2 years too much

6 years was the right term. Price was 2 years to long. You have it backwards. 2017 was a disaster for Bergevin. No ifs, and’s, or but’s.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yes, cap friendly is usually spot on. But so is Eric Stephens. At times cap friendly even lists him as their source for Ducks deals. Murray got burned on the Bieksa NMC (his own damn fault) and stated that he would not be giving out NMCs anymore. Whatever he gave Cam came with 52 million reasons to say yes. FWIW, Stephens was asked point blank about the terms and didn't hesitate in saying what he did.

Maybe we'll find out maybe we won't. The Ducks are a hot mess and moving Fowler might actually make sense in the summer if management starts a legit retool.
Thanks, Makes sense. We shall see if Cam is ever dealt.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad