Speculation: Habs were big on Fowler in 2016, do they inquire in 2019?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
It was quite common knowledge that the Habs were interested in Fowler back in 2016.

With Anaheim being where they are and the rumours that almost everyone is on the market and the Habs in dire need of a top 4 LD to play with Weber, does Bergevin try again this time around to acquire the left handed D Fowler?

Bergy also did say that he won't go for a rental ad Fowler at 27 with another multiple years to go in his contract is definitely not a rental.

What would it take? I assume a 1st rounder, but Bergevin said he won't trade his 1st.

Would a package of Juulsen + Ikonen/Ylonen + 2nd + 3rd round picks do it?

What do the fan bases think?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So was hometown Detroit, So what's your point?

Point being that since their was previous interest in the player 2 years ago would the Habs try their lucj again this time around.

If you feel Detroit still has a need for Fowler and believe they would still be interested today, by all means please provide your point of view and elaborate.

No need to be snooty and add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Cam Fowler is signed at a reasonable deal 8 years $52 million $6.5M AAV Mantha+Hronek+Detroit's 2019 2nd is pretty fair. Don't see Holland doing it. But that's probably the ask from Bob Murray to bring Fowler home.

There you go, your second attempt was much better.

Appreciated as well.

I can see Detroit trying to acquire Fowler. And I wouldn't give up my 1st if I were Detroit. If that was the breaking point, go with the 1st rounder and look for an LD elsewhere.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Point being that since their was previous interest in the player 2 years ago would the Habs try their lucj again this time around.

If you feel Detroit still has a need for Fowler and believe they would still be interested today, by all means please provide your point of view and elaborate.

No need to be snooty and add absolutely nothing to the conversation.
I just did? See my post above yours. Just saying that Fowler would waive to come home to Detroit before he would Montreal. It's already been suggested that all Canadian teams are on his no trade list.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
That's assumptions. I believe that Fowler would recognize the opportunity he would have in Montreal. Also playing with Weber is a great incentive in and of itself.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Habs need to build through the draft. I think the season is more of an anomaly than the start of a steady upward trend.

Reactions: dukeofjive

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm the first Ducks to fan to even comment on your deal. Do you want to guess how shit it is? Quite frankly, I only commented to give fan perspective, but fans of other teams are telling how shit your offer is.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hell no, no need of Fowler here. Lets keep building through the draft. One season like this should not make us go crazy

Reactions: loadie

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This was not an offer per se, I simply threw a base offer out there of some names and picks and asked if it would be enough and go from there.

Also, I get you want the most for your player, but how many times have teams gotten in real life trades what HF perceived as good value?

Remember the Kane or Skinner trades? 95% of HF boards thought these trades were crap, yet they still happened.

What HF perceives as a "horrible trade" is a moot point.

If you were to counter with what I believe is a lobsided trade I would simply say that I can't do that and doit the Habs do it as well and that's that.

I wouldn't comment that you are on crack and you should stop following hockey and start following ping pong.

Anyways, I believe an NHL ready player, one or two prospects and a couple picks is good return.
It may be scrap to the Ducks, but it may also be good enough and they pull the trigger if indeed they want to really shake things up and change the culture in the team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IF he were available teams like Toronto, Detroit, Boston, NYI could all make better offers than Montreal

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This was not an offer per se, I simply threw a base offer out there of some names and picks and asked if it would be enough and go from there.

Also, I get you want the most for your player, but how many times have teams gotten in real life trades what HF perceived as good value?

Remember the Kane or Skinner trades? 95% of HF boards though these trades were crap, yet they still happened.

What HF perceives as a "horrible trade" is a moot point.

If you were to counter with what I beliebe is a lobsided trade I would simply say that I can't do that and doit the Habs do it as well and that's that.

I wouldn't comment that you are on crack and you should stop following hockey and start following ping pong.

Anyways, I believe an NHL ready player, one or two prospects and a couple picks is good return.
It may be scrap to the Ducks, but it may also be good enough and they pull the trigger if indeed they want to really shake things up and change the culture in the team.
Kane and Skinner? That is what you think? Karlsson deal is one of the worst in the history of the league.

A deal like that wouldn't go through on these boards. Sens fans would never accept it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad